Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Replies

• bhsuzycue
    bhsuzycue Posts: 192 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? no idea - started with Sparkpeople in 2010 and participated off and on over the years

What do you like to do for fun? Read, watch movies and TV, play with my furbabies

What major city do you live in or near? State? Little Rock, Arkansas - USA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Meet or exceed my daily steps goal and stay within my macros

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal and humorous

2 fun things about you? I don't like odd numbers, although 5 is ok and I always pet all the puppies in the park, after I check with their owners.
  • nbruns83
    nbruns83 Posts: 2,273 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? If I've counted correctly, I've completed 22.

What do you like to do for fun? I love to cook and bake, read, knit, sew and jog.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Right now I'm in southern Idaho, but in January, DH and I will be "snow birds" in St. George, Utah.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Strep throat and a nasty virus invaded my sinuses in October, so getting back into a fitness routine and rebuilding my endurance will be my biggest goals.

How would your pet or friend describe you? loyal, stubborn and a bit too sarcastic at times.

2 fun things about you? I can darn socks, hand-hem hankies, and have mastered many domestic chores your great-grandmothers performed. And I find them amazingly satisfying.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm a retired teacher, who loves "not planning" anymore, so these challenges can bring out my rebellious streak. But I'm also a dedicated team member, so I do it for the team.
  • walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 4,296 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have been on Sparkpeople, Cloverleaf team and here, I would say approx 54

What do you like to do for fun? movies, reading books, rowing, walking

What major city do you live in or near? State? small town in Southern Idaho

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? keep on moving

How would your pet or friend describe you? oh here she comes with food

2 fun things about you? i give ideas on where to travel, love playing with the grandkids
  • WinterflowerSP
    WinterflowerSP Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited November 2022
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? a couple including SP

What do you like to do for fun? craft

What major city do you live in or near? State? near Grand Rapids, MN

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? I want to stay on a routine with exercise and stay on plan with eating.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Fun to walk with and takes good care of us.

2 fun things about you? 1) I like to spend time with my grands and family. 2) I'd almost always rather be crafting! LOL
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,485 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is the second.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, Activity - dancing, kayaking, social, out and about. Also binge watching D series movies, ie Lake Placid. Bargains too!

What major city do you live in or near? State? outside Los Angeles, Calif

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? weight loss, firming up the cellulite

How would your pet or friend describe you? the best person in the world who scratches me all I want.

2 fun things about you? ocean swimming ** and wanting to visit Alaska

Anything else you would like to share?
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,277 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? several

What do you like to do for fun? dance
    Activity - dancing, reading, arts and crafts, watching sports.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? weight loss

How would your pet or friend describe you? kind, caring, thoughtful, helpful

2 fun things about you? i love to voluteer and i like to ice skate.

Anything else you would like to share? Good luck to everyone on the challenge.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 875 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    This will be my first

What do you like to do for fun?
    Road trips to new places and finding new hiking trails, playing board games, especially word games.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Central Wisconsin, USA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    Better food and beverage choices. More veggies and more water. Less fast food and energy drinks. Lose 5% of my present weight this challenge which would take me to my goal weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    My 11 year old bichon would say I’m quiet most of the time. He’s happy I’m willing to play with him when when he gets his spurts of energy and a good pillow to rest next to when watching a romantic comedy. My husband of 36 years would probably say the same lol.
    2 fun things about you?
    My husband and I have hiked every Wisconsin state Park. We are now working on road tripping around all 5 Great Lakes. We have 2 to go.

• SharonWIMSONFLOWER
    SharonWIMSONFLOWER Posts: 1,077 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Ooooh, not sure at all. Maybe 20?

What do you like to do for fun? Birdwatch, garden, walk, read, write, listen to music, chat with my daughter and sisters

What major city do you live in or near? State? Houston, Texas (but I live way in the country near a little town)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? TAKE IT BACK!!! Most of this year has been a gradual relapse, and I want to take my success back.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Faithful, loving, maybe a bit too serious, not playful enough

Anything else you would like to share? We are adapting to living Stateside again after 18+ years of living/working in Mexico among a remote people group. Sticker shock is brutal, and the USA we returned to isn't the same as the one we left. It's been harder than I anticipated, but here's to a NEW YEAR around the corner! YAY!
  • stacie917
    stacie917 Posts: 557 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 2

What do you like to do for fun? Read, hike

What major city do you live in or near? State? Dfw, texas

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To actually lose weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My cat doesn't talk.

2 fun things about you? I started gardening last year. Eating a salad you grew yourself is satisfying a heck of a lot cheaper.

• cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This will be my first.

What do you like to do for fun? I like to read and to make things.

What major city do you live in or near? State? About 40 miles east of Los Angeles.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To be consistent in tracking

How would your pet or friend describe you? My Riley would tell you I hung the moon. My friends would tell you I’m encouraging and supportive.

2 fun things about you? I read 100+ books a year. Maybe more weird than fun, but I enjoy spreadsheets.

Anything else you would like to share? I am really excited to be here!
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 3,230 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Started them on Sparkpeople so I really don't know.

What do you like to do for fun? Crafts and staying active

What major city do you live in or near? State? Florida transplant from Wisconsin

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Get to my goal weight again and maintain it.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Lovable and persistent

2 fun things about you? Took a motorcycle trip into Canada to the Pacific Northwest, I love to watch wildlife.
    Anything else you would like to share? Retired and trying to keep the weight off
  • GetFitNLean
    GetFitNLean Posts: 122 Member
    One on MFP and One on SparkPeople.

Read, Watch Movies, spend time with family.

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    Philadelphia, PA

Lose 5-10 lbs to start

Trustworthy, Level-headed, Realistic.

2 fun things about you?
    - Enjoy taking photos & looking at others photos (used to scrapbook when I had time)
    - Worked on a cruise ship (Premier Cruise Lines - The Big Red Boats, which was Disney's 1st cruise line before they created their own line) when I was 20 yrs old as a Youth Counselor out of Cape Canaveral, FL traveling to the Bahamas twice a week. My Associates is in Travel & Tourism, but I barely travel anywhere anymore because of the cost to travel.

Hoping I can get into a routine & better habits using this challenge.
    I am not a fan of MyFitnessPal (especially dislike the app on my phone.)
    I will try to bookmark the pages on my laptop to find everything I need to to participate.
  • skaniski26
    skaniski26 Posts: 796 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I lost count a few challenges ago.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, swim
    and just hang out with family and friends.

Pittsburgh PA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I am going to work on flexibility and doet.

How would your pet or friend describediet.
    Quiet. I had one person describe me as a thinker.

2 fun things about you? I can't think of anything right now.

• SunshineFlGirl
    SunshineFlGirl Posts: 200 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Only 1 - the beginning of the year.

What do you like to do for fun? I'm a gamer. I also love geneaology

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Florida - in a small town called Cantonment.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Want to get back to tracking food regularly. I also want to stay withing my calorie and fitness goals during the holidays.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Mamma - I have a strong nurturing instinct. I try to take care of people in my life.

2 fun things about you? I have 7 cats. I'm a country girl.

Anything else you would like to share? I have some health issues that cause breathing problems. And I take Beta-blocking blood pressure meds. These two things combined make it very difficult for me to lose weight. But I can just smell a vanilla-fragranced candle. My body thinks I've eaten a cookie and gains 5 pounds. LOL
  • Kopsbaby
    Kopsbaby Posts: 359 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Many

What do you like to do for fun? Camping and hanging out with friends and family

What major city do you live in or near? State? I recently moved to Mifflinburg, PA. Nearest major city would be Harrisburg.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Since being put on high dosage steroids in February I have gained a lot of weight so I'd like to get back on track and get some of it off.

How would your pet or friend describe you? A people person. I love being around people and meeting new friends

2 fun things about you? I am a twin. We do a lot of camping in the spring and summer.

Anything else you would like to share? We recently downsized from my husband's homestead to an apartment.
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 705 Member
    edited December 2022
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? About 50 (I counted recently, then proceeded to lose the paper I counted on).

What do you like to do for fun? Ways I might make a difference for good and fully enjoy living the good life here on earth with a special love for the waterfront and creativity in art and theatre. Confession: Too much television during the pandemic: news, mysteries, and Hallmark movies.

What major city do you live in or near? Lake Superior (US), Gulf of Mexico

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Down four pounds, eat less processed foods, move more. Personal goal to exercise a minimum of 30 minutes each day.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Faithful, a woman of joy, a lover, a confidant, and yet, opinionated.

Two fun things about you? Lost 100 pounds and my primary wardrobe is dresses.

Anything else? Two more fun things: Member of three tall clubs (Sacramento, Naples, and international club) and enjoy helping my husband make candy store sweet treats.
  • mardeg918
    mardeg918 Posts: 52 Member
    How many challenges have you done? Too many to count! I have mostly been with the teddy bear team on SP and now with the same group of team members here.
    What do you do for fun? Is a crafter- getting ready to knit myself another sweater. I also sew and love to keep up the garden my husband loved so much.( he passed away in June,2021) I feel him with me and guiding me out there. I now have. Freezer full of blueberries and strawberries, and tomatoes that I need to cook down to make sauce.
    What major city do you live near? I live in central Delaware so I’m 2 1/2 hrs from Philly and Baltimore, MD,and 2 1;2 from Atlantic City
    My goals for this challenge are to learn better eating habits and to lose some of the weight I gained faster Hubby passed away.
    My rescue dog- Miss Cucumber ( she was from Cucumber WV) would probably call me a old softie- I play with her- we walk around my property (1 acre) and she sleeps with me. We comfort each other.
    2 fun things about you? I sing in our church choir. I am blessed to be able to sing Alto or Soprano wherever I am needed. I’ve been told that I have an infectious laugh!
  • BufSabres
    BufSabres Posts: 112 Member
    I have done about 3 challenges. I went off the rails and missed the fall challenge. For fun I like to cook, read, and spend time with friends and family. I also am active in my church. (Yikes! That sounds dull. How about this: Skinny skiing, axe throwing and skydiving. okay, just joking.) My fitness goal is to get beyond loosing and regaining the same 10-15 pounds. Friend would (hopefully) describe me as centered and reliable. I leave in near Washington DC.
  • sunshineyourway
    sunshineyourway Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited December 2022
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I honestly lost count.

What do you like to do for fun? I love to run Half Marathons and all types of Fitness. I enjoy cooking and reading information on Health. I also enjoy organic gardening.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Raleigh, NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to keep my weight under 115 lbs. At 5'2", that is a great weight for me. I plan to run 100 Half Marathon distance and run 2023 miles in 2023.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My Cockatoo, Cleo would say I give her a lot of attention and that she enjoys her shoulder time, snuggling. My friends would tell you I am kind and compassionate.

2 fun things about you? I love to listen to music from the 60's to present. I also enjoy getting together with friends.

Anything else you would like to share? I have one son, a loving husband and Cleo.
  • k9kiddie
    k9kiddie Posts: 214 Member
    I've been at it since the group was on Sparkpeople.

Watch horror movies, hiking, kayaking, baking, jewelry making, knitting.

Nearest city would be Scranton Pennsylvania.

To lose at least 5 pounds... and keep up my daily walking.

Good cuddler, always ready for a good nap!

2 fun things about you?
    I can play the flute, like to have impromptu dance parties with my son.

Currently reading The Book Thief, and patiently waiting for springtime.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    This will be my first :)

I'm a bit of a homebody, so I like to read, knit. We have a tent trailer, so in the summer we like camping

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta

I'd like to get back into running and run a 5k again. I signed up for a 10k at the end of May as well

My cats/dog would say affectionate, my friends would say funny

2 fun things about you?
    I grew up in a small town in the Yukon and at work I'm known as the spreadsheet guru (I think Excel is fun, lol)

Looking forward to this challenge :)
  • goaty3692
    goaty3692 Posts: 27 Member
    This will be my first to complete

What do you like to do for fun? eat, drink (thats why I'm here) travel watch sports.

I live a very small village near the fine city Norwich, Norfolk UK

would love to get back to playing sport, netball, badminton or anything competitive

Funny, the person weird things happen to. always got a story.

2 fun things about you?
    I keep chickens and bees and make jewellery in my shed (not altogether)

Looking forward to this challenge :)
  • healthysmrs
    healthysmrs Posts: 32 Member

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first.

What do you like to do for fun? Family time, walking and reading.

What major city do you live in or near? State? USA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Be more active, eat more real foods, cut sugar and lift weights regularly.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Fun and caring.

Three fun things about you? I’m a mommy to a playful pup and a small flock of amazing chicks. Also I just bought a new pedometer which I love. No more Fitbit.

• XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first

What do you like to do for fun? I love to read and knit and crochet and other crafts. Recently I have discoved I love hiking, but its too hot to do it now (Summer where I am)

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm in regional NSW Australia

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I'd like to get in as many steps per day as possible. It's the Summer holidays so I likely wont be able to go for my daily walks so will be getting them in every way possible. I'll be working hard on reigning in my fat intake too, I've been doing pretty well on my calorie counts but I'm not happy with how many of them are coming from fats.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I don't have any pets or friends (my kids and husband are neuro diverse and I've been too busy and isolated to make any since we moved here 10 years ago, plus my anxiety makes it hard) But I hope they would say that I am kind and hardworking

2 fun things about you? I don't really know what to say here haha I am a pretty boring person, but very content being me

Anything else you would like to share? I'm very much looking forward to participating in this challenge, I love online things like this, I often participate in online craft alongs too which help me achieve my goals there so hoping this is as fun!
  • 1AncientSage
    1AncientSage Posts: 2,234 Member
    I have lost count of how many 5% challenges I have done. It's been
    quite some time since I have done one. Looking forward to getting
    back into it.

Color, paint, draw and write

Pittsburgh, PA

to lose 5 pounds and to build muscle

Fun, caring, and reliable

2 fun things about you?
    - I am taking Tai Chi lessons and online creative writing courses

• walkreadlift
    walkreadlift Posts: 5 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This would be my first challenge.

What do you like to do for fun? Spending time with family and grandchildren, playing cards with friends, gardening and reading.
    What major city do you live in or near? State? Desert SW

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Walk more, have more energy, cut junk/carb foods. Lose weight. I think it goes all together.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I can always count on her/True blue.

2 fun things about you? Not sure if this is fun? My screen pic isn’t me. Just motivational.. I would love to get in my skinny jeans again, feel less lethargic and work towards a huge/successful garden in 2023.

Anything else you would like to share? I am looking forward to taking part of the fun!
  • blueapples104
    blueapples104 Posts: 1,060 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? More than I can count between Spark and MFP. I started very near beginning of them on Spark and have not missed any on MFP.

What do you like to do for fun? Some of the things I like to do :doing crosswords and other word puzzles, reviewing Math and solving Math problems, walking,playing with my Grands.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Between Rochester and Buffalo NY

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To reduce my weight by making changes to my current eating habits/ to continue with my daily exercise and to add Tai Chi and other programmed exercise routines from my vast collection of VHS's and DVDs

How would your pet or friend describe you? Shy until she gets to know you, Caring, Optimistic

2 fun things about you? Somehow I became lucky enough to have my daughter and my son-in-law purrchase a house directly across the street from me :)
    After I retired (and before there were Grands in the picture) I started watching other people's pets for them when they went on trips, mostly dogs and some cats. It has been something that I have continued even after the extra addition of Grands. My only change was that in almost all cases the dogs have to come to my house instead of me going to their house.

Anything else you would like to share?The 5% Challenges are very important to me despite not having a whole lot of available computer time. They help me to not go way over board on food and they keep me growing and learning what works for me and what doesn't. Thank you to all those who step up to be leaders.
  • THUNDER5453
    THUNDER5453 Posts: 23 Member
    Cooking, Wood Working garden boxes and so on and so forth
    Gardening
    hangin out with my wife

Tacoma WA... Washington state

EASE THE PRESSURE ON MY STOMA, HEART AND LUNGS
    DISCARD THE BUTTON EXTENDERS ON MY JEANS EVEN WITH A STOMA GUARD ON
    WHEN I BEND OVER I CAN SEE MY SHOES AND TIE THEM

loyal

2 fun things about you?
    creating new recipes
    experimenting with new flavors of homemade ice cream and not adding sugars, it's a challenge

About Me:
    WAR DOG HANDLER ... "CLASS OF 74-75 THE"FALL OF SAIGON ".... RETIRED CHEF 35 YEARS MARRIED 35+ YEARS.... 2 GROWN SONS....1 super duper daughter-in-law.. 3 SUPER DUPER GRAND KIDDOS

Why I want to get in shape
    CUSS I NEED TO... CUSS I HAVE TO.....CUSS I WANT TO

My Inspirations

EASE THE PRESSURE ON MY STOMA, HEART AND LUNGS
    DISCARD THE BUTTON EXTENDERS ON MY JEANS EVEN WITH A STOMA GUARD ON
    WHEN I BEND OVER I CAN SEE MY SHOES AND TIE THEM
  • francescopelandlucas
    francescopelandlucas Posts: 1,171 Member
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Maybe 20 or so...started back with Spark. Love it!

What do you like to do for fun? Play with grandchildren.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near Birmingham, Alabama

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose these last 10 pounds and stay walking.

How would your pet or friend describe you? She likes her alone time.

2 fun things about you? Enjoy creating games for grands to play with me, also enjoy creating fun activities in the training classes I teach for the employees in my company.

Anything else you would like to share? I just appreciate all our leadership team does! THANK YOU!
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Hi everyone! I hope you don’t mind me joining :)

How many 5% Challenges have you done? This is my first

What do you like to do for fun? Listening to music, driving, listening to true crime podcasts etc.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I’m in the UK

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I Joined MFP in 2019, soon after my son was born. If I remember rightly, I lost close to 50lbs but it seems to have crept back on. My goals include: restart calorie counting and get out for even just a short walk everyday. Small steps.

Silly sense of humour, a good listener, caring, introverted.

2 fun things about you?
    I’m currently working towards a degree in Criminology, and I would love a career that involves supporting vulnerable people/victims of crime.

This discussion has been closed.