Trying to eat more veggies

Options
eturtlet
eturtlet Posts: 12 Member
I can't call myself a Vegan or Vegetarian but I definitely like the idea of eating a more plant based diet. At a recent dinner out I did skip steak tips and salmon for a wine infused chilled pear salad and have to admit it was pretty amazing. I've been slowly moving my diet to include more plant based foods. This has been challenge as I'm the kid that wouldn't eat their veggies. I'm just hoping to continue to learn from others.

Replies

• momopeach32
    momopeach32 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    @eturtlet that salad sounds delicious 😯 It's ok to be somewhere in between. Heck, we've all had to learn to like veggies to some degree. I've found that I'm trying a lot of different types of foods now that I'm not looking at the animal products on the menu, and I've tried things I didn't even know exists!! Herbs, spices, sauces - yum!

Sometimes I find that bowls (rice, grains, with legumes and veg) are easier ways to get foods in if you want a quick and easy meal and just want some fiber in your diet! Have you tried anything else you've really liked recently?
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Stir fries are easy meal options too - a little oil, sauce/spices, vegetables, a protein source on a bed of rice or noodles. Quick and easy
  • momopeach32
    Options
    @eturtlet let us know if you would like any ideas or recipes! It's tough trying to figure everything out from scratch, especially if there are certain foods you aren't fond of!

It's cool that you've been making those small choices here and there. If you're ever on the go and need an easy veg meal, surprisingly Taco Bell is very vegetarian friendly?? They do black bean anything you want and will sub cheeses for other sauces if you ask (sometimes, I admit, I like nacho cheese 😂). Wildly, they're very accommodating!
  • momopeach32
    Options
    @eturtlet How's the veg journey been going? I've been keeping up with meal prepping every week (I choose a few recipes and buy the ingredients to have them on hand!) so I've had some luck with it, and it means I don't end up wasting any produce either!

Do you have access to a blender? You can always do fruit smoothies for a quick post-workout meal or just a tasty snack. I've been having a lot of fun with my new blender over here!
  • eturtlet
    eturtlet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just figured out how to get back here. Actually I've been doing well. I've been upping my lunch salads. Skipping the eggs and choosing nuts and a bit of crumbled cheese as my protein. Easier to not worry about boiling eggs. I do have a blender and I've definitely had some smoothies I've liked. I've always bought the Smoothies out and not in the habit of making them myself.
  • momopeach32
    Options
    @eturtlet Omg I haven't been back here either, they've made it harder to get to your groups these days!!

Sounds like you've been having some luck with the salads, it sounds good!! Do you have a favorite dressing you tend to use? I really like making veggie hummus wraps for lunch, and I'll bring a little container of salad dressing to drizzle on it as I eat it. Quick, easy, and it keeps me full all day!

Smoothies are something you definitely have to be in the right mindset for, I hear you. Sometimes I'll go on a smoothie bender and then other times I cannot be bothered lol My favorite combo is usually something with a banana, frozen mango, frozen peach, and sometimes a little bit of peanut butter to keep me fuller longer!