Countdown Activity 7 Motivation! What Can I Do In 8 Weeks?

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,246 Member
edited January 2023 in Social Groups
4fgznr1rjuh6.png
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. - Jim Ryun

Motivation is the reason for people's actions, willingness and goals. Motivation directs one's behavior, and causes a person to want to repeat a behavior. It is one of the most important reasons that inspires a person to move forward in life. An individual's motivation may be inspired by others or events (extrinsic motivation) or it may come from within the individual (intrinsic motivation).

Today list 10 reasons you want to lose weight or maintain your weight. What do you want to change? How do you want to look? How do you want to feel? What things will you be able to do in the future with a slimmer healthier body? And list all the OTHER things that you want to change!

Please record it here or in your journal. The most important thing is to have a written record to remind yourself of your goals and motives. During the 56 days of this challenge it will keep you going when you remind yourself why you are doing this.

What Can I Do In 8 Weeks? PERSISTANT123 blog will inspire you.

Think of yourself reading your list at the end of the Challenge, and having accomplished your goals!

PERSISTANT123's blog - What Can I Do In 8 Weeks?

Saturday, January 23, 2021
I have been decluttering thing room by room. I am trying to simplify my life. I found this in a file of miscellaneous papers. It made me smile. I think that kaliswalker challenged us to complete this exercise in 2015. Things have changed since I initially did this but I decided to sit down and complete it again.

What Can I Do In 8 Weeks?

I can keep the promises that I have made to myself.
I can thank God that I am healthy.
I can review and tweak my Eating Plan.
I can begin training so I can hike the Stone Mountain Loop Trail in October.
I can lose 5% of my body weight.
I can comfortably wear a 2X instead of a 3X.
I can complete 8 additional stages on my virtual hike of the Appalachian Trail.
I can paint my kitchen a bright color that I like.
I can see a difference in my appearance when I look into the mirror
I can continue my habit of doing an Aquacize class three times a week.
I can spend time walking and talking with my Mother.
I can sort through things that I have not used in over a year and give them a new home.
I can join a gym and try new equipment and classes. If I don’t like them, I will have the satisfaction of knowing that I tried something before deciding it was not for me.
I can try a new recipe each week.
I can enjoy the rewards that I have promised myself and not feel guilty for doing things just for me.
I can meditate and enjoy spending time in my new covered deck.
I can thank God for the family and friends he has brought into my life!

What Can You Do In 8 Weeks?

Replies

• kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    10+ reasons to lose weight

look better
    feel better
    clothes fit better
    healthier
    remain sleep apnea free
    remain no longer borderline diabetic
    motivate my husband
    feel ready to travel to Vietnam
    more energy
    do weekly hikes
    challenge myself at the gym
    regain strength and get over post covid fatigue
    volunteer at church
    streamline my schedule
    daily dog walks

Declutter - find household items for refugee family - bedding, towels, dishes, futon.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,261 Member
    Options
    10+ reason to lose weight:

Even a little bit helps me to breathe easier
    I am a Great Grandma with another little guy coming along in May. I want to be able to hold him easily.
    For his Big Brother who's now 5 to continue to be able to take him for a walk.
    To walk because I love it.
    I'd like to be in a smaller size pants.
    To possibly breathe easier
    To be healthier so I can help others
    Live as long as I can
    Play longer with Izzy when she's super hyper LOL she's so funny
    New clothes! LOL That's just fun.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    10 reasons to lose weight

1 It’s something I can do for me wherever I am and whatever the circumstances I’m in.
    2 my BMI is too high
    3 I don’t like the size on my labels
    4 it might fix my BP
    5 I may be more agile
    6 the one thing I can currently take charge of
    7 clothes will hang better without the belly
    8 to prove I can still do it
    9 so it’s less of a squeeze to get alongside the car when I put it in
    10 I’ve let myself go
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    10 reasons to lose weight

1 so i can have more energy every day.
    2 so i can carry groceries and other things easier.
    3 so my clothes will fit better
    4 so my breathing remains good
    5 so i can be more flexible and reach things easier.
    6 so my blood pressure will not go higher again.
    7 so i can fit better into car seats, bus or train seats.
    8 so my cholesterol levels stay good.
    9 so my blood sugar levels stay good.
    10 so my hair, nails, and skin are healthier.
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    10 reasons to lose weight...

1-less strain on the heart..less miles of blood vessels for heart to pump blood thru
    2-easier to breathe , lungs can expand better when not encased in lipid tissue
    3- can see my toes without bending over..( can't be serious all the time!!)
    4-better lab values for cholesterol , triglicerides, and liver function
    5- lower and stable blood pressure readings
    6- wear clothes instead of wishing I could
    7-improve self image
    8-Walk a 5K or even jog one!
    9- better sleep
    10-overall increased better general health and fitness
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    10 reasons why I want to lose weight.....

1. Most important....lower blood pressure and blood sugar (so I don't have to take meds)
    2. This body is only temporary and I want to treat it with love and respect (on loan from God).
    3. Look and feel better
    4. Fit into my clothes and not wear frumpy clothes
    5. Add years to my life
    6. Be able to hike with energy
    7. Be an example to my kids
    8. Not end up like my mom or dad (diabetes/high blood pressure/poor quality of life)
    9. Prevent osteoporosis/dementia
    10. Prevent knee/back/feet issues
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,262 Member
    Options

Today list 10 reasons you want to lose weight or maintain your weight. What do you want to change? How do you want to look? How do you want to feel? What things will you be able to do in the future with a slimmer healthier body? And list all the OTHER things that you want to change!

Please record it here or in your journal. The most important thing is to have a written record to remind yourself of your goals and motives. During the 56 days of this challenge it will keep you going when you remind yourself why you are doing this.

10+ reasons to lose weight
    ~ I can keep the promises that I have made to myself. (I like this one, I 'borrowed' it from PERSISTANT123's blog that @kaliswalker posted.
    ~ Drink 8 - 8oz. glasses of water/day
    ~ Walk 23 miles/week (inspired by a bright, shiny New Year '2023)
    ~ Get into the habit of logging my food daily (on the 'good' days and the 'bad' days)
    ~ Look better/feel better
    ~ Get back to where my clothes fit better (right now the 'pleats are screaming' a little)
    ~ At my last physical, the doctor told me I needed to watch my cholesterol. It is not 'out of whack' enough to go on medication, but it IS something that is going to be monitored. I want to lower it without medication.
    ~ If I take care of me, I will be able to help take care of others when/if the need aris
    ~ Live life to the fullest and enjoy life as much as I possibly can
    ~ Strive to be a healthier me!!

For me, 2022 was a year that I basically 'threw all caution to the wind'. I'm not quite sure exactly what happened but when my daughter was having health issues and my father got sick (and passed in August), I just spent very little time taking care of me. But hey, EVERYONE has 'stuff' in their life, right? I'm beginning to think that when things get tough, that is the absolute best time to focus on yourself ~ because if you don't take care of you, how will you be able to take care of everything else that needs your attention? SO - I'm hoping with a brand new year around the corner, I can remember to take care of me so that I am able to handle any/all things that life can throw at me.

Heidi (hicim705), Captain
    2023 Winter 5% Challenge ~ 🔴🌡️RED HOTS🌡️🔴

Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges (hosted on MFP)
    Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ Bloggers!!
  • WinterflowerSP
    WinterflowerSP Posts: 832 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    1. I would like to be healthy and fit.
    2. When I look in the mirror, I would like to like what I see with less rolls and more tone.
    3. I would like to be as pain-free as possible.
    4. I will be a good example to those around me to be more fit and to live a healthy lifestyle.
    5. I will be consistent with tracking my food.
    6. I would like to get to the point I no longer have to track my food as a result of making good choices.
    7. Each day, I want to be honest with myself about how I am progressing and how I did that day.
    8. I will speak to myself the way I speak to others, being kind, respectful, and encouraging.
    9. I would like to get back into the clothing I have packed in boxes. (I'm almost there!)
    10. I will intentionally look for ways to be a blessing to someone each day.

• lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    10 reasons I want to maintain my weight loss:
    1) my clothes are fitting better
    2) I feel better physically
    3) it helps my back
    4) I look younger
    5) It's now my way of life
    6) setting an example
    7) easier to garden
    8) less weight on a bum leg
    9) just because I don't want to be fat again
    10) I'll live longer
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,295 Member
    Options

I've lost most of my weight and achieved many of my goals but I'll see if I can find 10 reasons to get back to my happy place.

1. That is #one - to get back to the weight that I have maintained a couple of time but only for a few months usually before some of it came back.
    2. To make it FINALLY to that elusive goal weight set 7 years ago but not quite attained although I've been close.
    3. To reach a healthy BMI.
    4. To fit into a few items of clothing that are currently a bit too small or snug.
    5. To look good in ALL of my clothes all the time.
    6. To like the image I see in the mirror all the time, not just some of the time.
    7. To ensure continued good health - I'm lucky because I do have that all ready.
    8. To continue to have energy.
    9. To be an example to others.
    10. To feel a greater sense of accomplishment.
  • SassieFit
    SassieFit Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    10 Reasons to Release the Weight:

1. Increased energy and vitality
    2. Look better naked
    3. Increased self-confidence / esteem
    4. Better mobility
    5. Being fit and strong makes me feel amazing
    6. Ease of shopping and looking great in anything I wear
    7. To prevent health issues
    8. Improves overall quality of life
    9. I want to release the burden of thinking about my weight all the time and focus more on living a happier, more fulfilling life
    10. To prove to myself that I am capable of meeting, maintaining and exceeding my weight loss goals
  • marg750me
    marg750me Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    10 Reasons to lose weight

1) Get off blood pressure and cholesterol meds
    2) To see grands grow up
    3) To be healthier
    4) Be able to run again
    5) Feel good about myself
    6) Not look FAT in pictures
    7) Stop pain in hip and knees
    8) Energy level increase