Yes, I have a big mouth and belly. lol

Options
Hello, my name is Ken, and I am 48. As an adult (21+), I have had sedentary employment positions, from being a long-distance truck driver for many years to working in an office behind a computer all day, constantly working 50+ hours, and coming home to get on the computer to game and enjoy life. I never exercised except push mowing the yard and other minor things. Anyway, I had three stents at 39, ignored them, and right before my 48th in June, I had emergency bypass surgery. I had a quintuple bypass and six other procedures, which were painful and stressful. I went through rehab, and now I m in the gym lifting weights, watching my calories, and enjoying the pains of a beginner weightlifter. I have my group called MORE PROTEIN, PLEASE. I enjoy chatting and learning new recipes, but I also enjoy life while I become healthier. If you are interested in weightlifting, dieting, weight loss, and just chatting, join my group and stay in this one. The more group, the better; that way, we can be supported and support many others.

Replies

• avbrinck
    avbrinck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you, Ken. Lol at your username. My name is Anna and I am 42. I have the same issue of having a sedentary job. I also was traveling a lot for work, staying in tiny towns in South Nowheresville where the only thing to eat is gas station pizza. And when I work a lot, I eat a lot of sweets and stuff to keep me going. I'm working part time now, as I feel that was the only solution. I just can't handle those 50 to 60 hour weeks, as it was driving me insane. I realize it's fairly normal, but I couldn't manage. I actually started playing video games becuase it's all I had energy to do after work, other than going straight to bed. Anyway, I'm ready to get back to exercising and losing weight!
  • MuffinTopMan74
    MuffinTopMan74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Anna, very glad to meet you. I very well understand your lifestyle as it mirrors my own. Always working and doing the best we can to pay bills and provide a chance for ourselves for prosperity and avoid poverty. I started in a gym about a month ago and am doing quite well. No, I am not trying to be superman, but I follow a beginner workout plan as a bodybuilder does. My diet is high in protein and carbs but lower in fat. Meal planning has become easier with Myfintess food diary, and I read the nutrition panels on what I am buying. A steady breaking-in period is the best way instead of going all in. I set my calories according to my BMR (1884); my protein intake is 1g per cm of height (140 to 162), I try to keep fat as low as possible (under 25% of calories), and the rest is complex carbs like white rice. Anyway, I could write a lot, but it is better to stop at this point. I understand your position, and I am cheering you on! Oh, if I want a piece of cake, I eat it, or pizza, I just macro it in.