Introductions

Options
12346»

Replies

• FrankJellyfish
    Options
    Hail Fellow Travelers of the path Luna Obscura
    I am Jellyfish and that is my totem, or shall I say one of them. I have been on this path for 23 years, on and off in practice. I have done basic Wicca (Cunningham), some Gardnerian, a whole lot of Strega, a great deal of Sea Witchery, and most recently fallen into Faery and Hoodoo/Conjure & Rootwork, where it really seems the most comfortable. This seems to mix easily with the Strega and Sea Witchery, so I am pleased with it a great deal. MY wife got my on MFP, and it has been enlightening.
    I actually lost over 100 lbs some years back (2006/2007) by going almost strictly vegan. It was really an excuse to eat Sriracha Hot (Rooster) sauce on everything, and in doing so, I went from 314 to 197. Problem being, I have a bad back and for the first time in my life I realized via pain, I do indeed have a tail-bone!! It was not fun :cry:
    So now, some 5 to 6 years later, I feel myself getting that weebly uncomfortable feeling. Too jiggly. So, at 280+ I decided to join my wife on here and so far, I admit, it has been a learning experience..
    Staying strong, and keeping the faith has been a real challenge and very rewarding at the same time.

So, that's my story, and I will continue on the MFP program to see how good I can do! Once that tail-bone starts hurting, I sure hope I'm comfortable, because I can't stand to feel the jiggles!!

Blessings to All
    and remember
    All things in Time and Tide!
    Frankjellyfish
  • FrankJellyfish
    Options
    Roxanna40....You are doing well :love:
  • Roxanna40
    Options
    Greetings Jellyfish! You are doing even better. 10 pounds yes! Congrats! It is working!
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello and bright blessings!

I am Raven Rose.I am more of a hedge/kitchen witch. I am 29 years old, and practically grew up pagan. I have been married almost nine years and have one son who is wise beyond his years and too smart for his own good!

I have been on MFP for a couple of weeks now. I am trying to lose about 25 pounds give or take, but honestly more concerned with eating healthy, and balancing my current health issues.

I try to eat as organic and locally as I can afford, and I am leaving the chemicals behind, often cooking from scratch. I am an avid gardener and a homesteader. We raise free range poultry and grass fed sheep.

I am looking for some like minded friends to support me along this journey!

Happy Ostara, and blessed be!
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bear
    oregon
    goal = 200 + be able to work again + find that special someone

eclectic
  • baileypupboy
    baileypupboy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Pup, and I'm a pagan living in the Pacific Northwest. I'm rather eclectic by nature, but draw a great bit of my beliefs from Shamanism in general with a heavy focus on American Indian/Alaska Native practices. Looking to make pals for support :)
  • luthienofalfheim
    Options
    Hey, everyone! My name is Luthien.

I'm a Norse Pagan, witch, college student, and I try (emphasis on the try, I'm a busy woman) to celebrate all of the pagan holidays, both sun-based and moon-based.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Merry meet, y'all. I am Séilidhe (I made it up - I thought - and I pronounce it Shay-lee), and go by Séi (or Shay) for short. I've used this screen name for nigh on 20 years, since shortly after I first got online. I am a seeker... still researching and learning... but would say I am drawn more towards an eclectic life, with a leaning towards the Greek and Celtic pantheons. I am on my own, although I know there is a pretty active Pagan/Wiccan network in town. I'm 55, and mother to three wonderful adult children, two of them still live with me. I also have two very spoiled furchildren. I have a goal to lose at least 60, preferably 80, pounds and so far I've lost 21.

I'm pretty much an open book, so if you want to know anything about me, just ask. :)
  • keith426
    Options
    Merry Meet everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Keith. I'm 33 and from the Hudson Valley, NY.

2 years ago I had gastric-bypass and lost 95 lbs. Since I hit my lowest weight I've gained 35 of those lbs back. I'm currently on a high protein / low carb diet, and I stick to the Strong Lifts 5x5 routine which has been amazing.

I've been a practicing Pagan / Wiccan for 12 years now. I'm really excited about this up and coming Samhain!

Blessed Be!
  • thenerdmommy
    thenerdmommy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Greetings to all!

I just stumbled upon this group. It doesn't seem incredibly active; maybe that comes and goes; we'll see.

My name is Kai. I'm 29 and currently a stay-at-home momma to the most awesome little boy and a full-time IT student.

I have been on a pagan path since I was roughly 13. There has been many up and downs, and many different paths tried. At this point, I just consider myself to be a solitary eclectic pagan with Celtic tendencies that doesn't practice as much as she should (life gets in the way!). I've tried solitary Neo-Wicca (ala Cunningham books), Druidry (was a member of ADF for a time), and Norse paganism. I've mostly followed the various Celtic pantheons for years. If I ever feel the need to add any other pantheons, it is typically Norse, as for a few years now I have felt a tug towards Frigga. Although it sounds like I've been pagan for a long time, I still feel like I know hardly anything, haha. It is a continuous learning path, for sure.

As for me being on MFP, well, I've always struggled with my weight. After having my son, I actually lost about 65 pounds in that first year (hooray for breastfeeding). However, I didn't change my horrible eating ways, nor did I establish any sort of regular exercise routine. Two years later, and I've put all the weight back on, and then some. This needs to change. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. I also want to be healthy, for me and my family.

If anyone wants to, feel free to add me as a friend! I love the extra support, and helping to motivate where I can.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hello! I CRAVE INTERACTION HELLO LET ME SPAM YOU.

My name is De, I'm a Brythonic reconstructionist polytheist. I usually shorten that to Brythonic recon or Rome-Toucher-Toucher. Which means that I follow a recon path heavily informed by history, archaeology, folklore, and living folk traditions of the Brythonic-speaking areas of southern Britain, Wales, and Brittany. So . . . little bit south of Gaelic recon, little bit north of Gaulish recon. I mainly work for Camulos, Lug, Artio, and Gobannos.

So I'm a fat pagan queer . . . or a queer fat pagan, however you want to rearrange it. Currently at 313lbs, been bouncing between 290 and 340 for the five years I've been married, totally sick of it. I'm trying to get back into the habit of logging daily, and I find having people to talk to makes me more likely to log on.
  • stoneheronjewelry
    Options
    Looks like it's quiet around these parts. I'm Renee. I've got about 160lbs to lose. I follow a very eclectic kitchen witch path. My partner and I are doing intermittent fasting and I'm working on calorie deficit. Merry meet!
  • forest_crone
    forest_crone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Nicole and I have somewhere in the ballpark of 120 lbs to lose. I'm newly returning to pagan practice and am currently trying to decide which pantheon best fits me; Heathenry or Wicca. In the meantime, I'm eclectic and just enjoying the Earth around me. :)

• SeleneMoon333
    SeleneMoon333 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Happy 2023 pagan & pagan adjacent folk! You can call me Selene. I'm on a long road (planning on 200 pounds to lose). I've lost 100 pounds twice before but illness, injury, and life got in my way of staying there. I'm a Goddess-oriented Ukrainian North American, with a fairly regular practice of kitchen & hedge witchery. Happy to see some have been active here recently!