Hi there

Options
I'm Victoria. I'll be 40 on March 8th. I've been dealing with type 2 since 2013. My a1c at the last check was 10.5 so my Dr switched me to victoza from trulicity. I took my first dose tonight. Any suggestions to help lower my bs and weight. I weigh 269 right now at 5ft 10in. I just want to be healthy and not over weight.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I hear you.

I had luck with keto, but that is hard for some people. If you are cooking for a family, it might be tough to juggle everything. I like the menu logging feature in MFP. If you can find some people also interested in losing weight who log and can help with accountability, you might find that works keep on track.

Let us know how things are going. You can do it!
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,400 Member
    Options
    I would suggest starting by using the food tracker here - try it for 7 days just putting in anything you eat during that time - then review it to make changes that will improve it - such looking at your calorie level and making sure it is at or just a little lower then required. Try to work it so that you eat 3 meals a day and no snacks, drinking water as your choice of beverage. And remember to come and participate here asking for suggestions or giving suggestions

• 2t9nty
    Options
    I would suggest starting by using the food tracker here - try it for 7 days just putting in anything you eat during that time - then review it to make changes that will improve it - such looking at your calorie level and making sure it is at or just a little lower then required. Try to work it so that you eat 3 meals a day and no snacks, drinking water as your choice of beverage. And remember to come and participate here asking for suggestions or giving suggestions

Good counsel as a practical starting point that should give you a solid foundation as you get this sorted.
  • JudyValentine3
    JudyValentine3 Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I would start with tracking what you eat here, like others have said. One thing that helped me keep on track and not get too discouraged, was making mini goals. For instance, I am going to lose 10 pounds to start. Not looking at the bigger number was less daunting.
    And I know this sounds silly, but every day that I did at least 30 minutes of exercise, I would put a star on that day on my calendar. (yes I still have a paper calendar on my wall) lol
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    I think the mini goals are a great strategy. I have a sheet of smiley face stickers, maybe I need to start applying them to my calendar!