Weigh-in Day: Monday
    PW: 247
    CW: 245.4

Steps:
    1/29 - 10,823

Water✔️
    Calories✔️
    Exercise✔️

I've passed my January weight loss goal of 246 lbs! My goal for February is 240 lbs. Let's go!

Great loss ....and steps :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/29: 12,684
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/22 3902
    1/23 4309
    1/24 6621
    1/25 5569
    1/26 5799
    1/27 5449
    1/28 7620
    1/29 10,512
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    a0gtp7jcxeut.jpg

Here is my 2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for January week 4...I am giving everyone an extra day since I will not be around tomorrow due to foot surgery ... Please have your steps in no later than Wednesday morning ...if I do not have them in by then I will have no choice but to zero them out ..Thanks for your cooperation :)

@rwood566 1/22 - 1/28
    @Morethanjustanumber 1/22 - 1/28
    @Bluetail6 1/22 - 1/28
    @lennieKat 1/24 - 1/28
    @MSWarrior7088 1/23 - 1/28
    @LMK02020 1/22 - 1/28
  • rachjolly
    rachjolly Posts: 203 Member
    Options

SW (Jan 1st) - 233.4lbs
    PW (Jan 29th) - 223.8lbs
    CW - 223.6lbs

Nutrition - ✅✅
    Water - ✅ ✅
    Exercise - ❌❌
    Sleep - ✅✅
    Giving - ✅✅
    Connection - ❌✅
    Team - ✅ ✅
    Spirituality - ❌❌

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rachjolly wrote: »
    SW (Jan 1st) - 233.4lbs
    PW (Jan 29th) - 223.8lbs
    CW - 223.6lbs

Nutrition - ✅✅
    Water - ✅ ✅
    Exercise - ❌❌
    Sleep - ✅✅
    Giving - ✅✅
    Connection - ❌✅
    Team - ✅ ✅
    Spirituality - ❌❌

Great loss ...Congrats :)
  • NanElisaP
    NanElisaP Posts: 35 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies? Etc. : I am originally from St. Louis, MO, but currently live in Western Kentucky. I have a few hobbies, I am an avid audiobook reader (and visual reader); I play disc golf competitively on the amateur level, love to go hiking, fishing, and kayaking, and I also help with costuming for our local theater.

3. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? I am restarting after regaining about 60 pounds from a former loss. I must lose the weight for my health, Covid pushed me into Diabetes (it's a known side affect for those with pre-diabetes) back in August. I've struggled to get back to the pre-diabetic range ever since. I also need to have abdominal surgery some time this year and need to lose at least 50 pounds before the surgery. I also love to be active - disc golf, hiking, etc. What most pushed me to start was just feeling awful all the time again. I wanted to feel healthy and strong again and less run down and achy

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? Ugh, well, I'm a woman - so my biggest monthly trigger is my cycle (sorry dudes), then it would be social events that involve bread rolls or nachos of any kind. I can resist almost any sweet - but nachos and warm bread rolls can break me down fast. So I learned to make them low carb. Stress and anxiety will also cause me to lose track if I am not also exercising

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb I am currently on a modified low carb. I have to have some carbs due to a deficiency that low carb alone won't be able to control. However, compared to the normal human, my carbs are considerably lower and I am losing on it

5. What is your favourite way to workout? I love to be outdoors - so disc golf and hiking would be my number one. However, weight training and stretching are necessary for my age and I do best if I have a gym routine rather than just my fun stuff - so elliptical would be my choice at the gym

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year? This month, I would like to lose 8-10 pounds, regain a consistent workout schedule, and get into a well planned strength training & stretching routine. I would like to lose 65 pounds by the end of the year, have my A1C blood sugar consistently below 6.5, lower my cholesterol, and get off all blood pressure medication.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions? I am hoping to gain encouragement, comradery, inspiration, and that extra push. I lost 80 pounds with Fat2Fit several years back. I can do it again. My suggestion is to set aside a little time each day (or every other day if your schedule is crazy) and read posts and respond - get to know one another, etc. Make it part of your morning or evening routine, just like you would with your fitness. I need to do this as well (since I'm already behind)

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates. Hm. Most of us have heard how to eat an elephant (one bite at a time) - well that applies here on multiple levels. First, you aren't going to lose all this weight in one month. Some weeks your scale will be up - because bodies fluctuate like crazy, and not necessarily because of what you've done, other weeks you might drop five pounds and you've barely done anything. It doesn't always make sense - so keep taking it one bite at a time. The easiest way to burn out and lose track on weight loss is to expect too much too soon and compare too much to others. You do you. Stay on track, stay committed, stay as focused as possible on your goal and not on what your mind or scale says in the moment. It's so easy in the moment to focus on what we want now rather than on what we desire most for the future - every time you choose now over later - you are making your later even further than before. It's something I'm working hard to remember.
  • NanElisaP
    NanElisaP Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am really enjoying reading everyone's information. I hope to be able to get back on here and respond more in the morning

Have a wonderful day, folks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    So happy to have you re-join us Elisa ....looking forward to see what you can accomplish in 2023 :)

• Running4Bipolar
    Running4Bipolar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.

I’m Tess. I’m 36 and I’ve been married for almost 9 years. We have two kids, Aria(5) and Luke (3). We also have two cats, Chewbacca and Blitz. I’m from Alberta, Canada, but my heart will always be in British Columbia.

When I’m not taking care of kids I’m running. I started running almost 2 years ago. It has really helped me with my mental health and my bipolar. I am currently training for my first half marathon.

Everyone at work thinks I’m crazy for waking up at 5:00am to go for my runs. But that’s how I fit everything in. This is also my first winter doing winter running. The coldest run I’ve done was in December at -30C.

3. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

I have been on this journey for years. I want to get down to 180-200lbs. I’ve been close to the 198 mark a couple times, but haven’t kept it off. I want to be there for my kids. It isn’t always about the number on the scale, but it be nice to fit into a size medium or large at least.

I also want to one day fit into my wedding dress again.

4. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

Late night snacking as been triggering. I find if I eat bigger meals in the day it doesn’t tend to happen as often. Friday nights are also triggering for eating out. But I’ve told myself earlier in the week one night is okay. I just don’t over do it.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

Counting calories and macros.

6. What is your favourite way to workout?

As stated above running.

7. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

Consistency with my workouts and my half marathon plan. Also to keep consistent with my eating and not going over too much for calorie goal.

Read a book
    Journal daily

8. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    So happy to have you join us Tessita....Looking forward to seeing what you can accomplish in 2023 :)

• LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 , I’m going to opt out for the step count that week, thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

LMK02020 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 , I’m going to opt out for the step count that week, thanks!

Do you want me to excuse you?
  • Running4Bipolar
    Running4Bipolar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 @lindamtuck2018

I have been wanting to change my username on here forever. Can you update me on the spread sheet from Tessita_07 to @running4bipolar?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970 @lindamtuck2018

I have been wanting to change my username on here forever. Can you update me on the spread sheet from Tessita_07 to @running4bipolar?

Yes I can🙂
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970:

1/29/23: 5,744
    1/30/23: 6,764

I hope your surgery went well, and you are resting as comfortably as you can!! 🤗
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970:

1/29/23: 5,744
    1/30/23: 6,764

I hope your surgery went well, and you are resting as comfortably as you can!! 🤗

Thanks it hasn't happened yet... I have to be there at 7am ...surgery is at 8am
This discussion has been closed.