Fantastically Fit February

Options
Antiopelle
Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
Yes, I shamelessly stole the name from @k8richly 's last post in January :wink:

I think we all did very well in January, so let's hit the same vibe this February !

My goals:

* 300.000 steps
* continue to read Becks daily and do the exercises
* 2 fitness sessions and 1 PT weekly
* Lose a bit: from 75.7 to 74
* Diving and bicycle rides according to weather

Replies

• spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @Antiopelle, I like the new name.
    SW: 160 (12/2022)
    CW: 153.4
    End of month GW: <150
    Ultimate GW by 60th birthday (8/2023): <140
    Other February goals: 50km run/walking, 2x strength training per week, 4x yoga per week
    First day of February, bitter cold arriving and all I want to do is play solitaire and eat carbs. Alas.
  • mandycat_florida
    mandycat_florida Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I may be in need of an intervention here; you folks be the judge. After a brief (22 year) hiatus, I decided to start running again. The only time in my modest running career that I took home a trophy was when I came in first in my age group, which was very exciting until it turned out I was the ONLY one in my age group. Now that I'm 77, I reckon I have a pretty good shot at placing in my age group if I merely shuffle across the finish line before the race officials pack up and go home.

At any rate, I've been shuffling around the neighborhood for the last month and I've signed up for a training group, which automatically entered me in a 10K in late April. It's the kind of race that welcomes families, walkers and people in costumes, hence pretty low key at the back of the pack where I'll be. The back of the pack is where all the fun people are anyway, like the guy who used to run the Peachtree Road Race every year in a pirate costume, complete with a live parrot on his shoulder. Good times.
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    SW: 160
    CW: 159.4
    End of month GW: 156

2/2: 159.4
    2/9:
    2/16:
    2/23:

I'm focusing on losing weight, but also building strength. They may not go hand in hand, so I'm also judging based on how I feel and how my clothes fit. Happy February!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    44, F, 5' 7"
    GW: 128-135(ish - TBD)
    SW 01-2023: 157.6

2/1/23: 153.4
    Goals for this month haven't changed much from last month - keep up my 75 Hard tasks, maintain my daily power list, keep the job good and my client happy.
    Non-fitness related is to work back into taking more "extreme ownership" again - been reading the Dichotomy of Leadership and realized I've fallen back into the trap of pointing fingers far too often at least at my day job (they have a culture of that happening, and I fell into that pattern as well again).
    @mandycat_florida that is awesome!! Just take your time building back into things, but go kick booty out there!!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Great name, Antiopelle and @k8richly! Positive and motivating! Happy to overshoot my weight loss goal in January. Glad it’s working. A lil bummed - but I kinda knew it - I think 1200 calories is my max for weight loss.

Been “off” mentally the last few days. Lab results (I peeked before discussing with doc) shows high cholesterol - has to be genetic - pops takes 3 meds for his and one is an injection (!) for his high numbers. When I talk to doc I’ll ask what I can do to fix this - never have to go on any meds but we’ll see! 🥹
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    @mandycat_florida: if you feel well prepared for the 10k, then you should certainly participate. If you don't feel ready, then don't let other people talk you into it, however fun it will be. Do you know if you can walk a bit; is there a maximum finish time? If there is no limit and you know that you can at least walk 10k, then go ahead and enjoy !
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the new thread @Antiopelle! Here's me:

49 yrs, 5'3"
    GW: 125lbs & strong, fit, flexible. Can I do it by end of June for my 50th birthday?!

Feb 1: 133

Considering I was 127lbs last summer, I'm disappointed with my first weigh-in since then, but also not surprised given the fit of my pants. With all the stress since the fall, I knew I let things slip. The stress is still there but i need to just acknowledge it, stick to my routine (fitness/eating) and plow through to March. Stressors for February: 1. started a new job on Monday with OMG crazy people/deadlines; 2. Dad's funeral is Feb 24 (I'm doing all the planning / admin as executor) and the extended family is gathering for a week in Vancouver. We are predicting 150+ people. It's like planning my wedding all over again. Is it bad to want to lose weight and look good for a funeral!?

Anyway, I predict the first 3lbs will be easy to lose, then the last 5lbs will be really tough. As usual. But I've got you guys to get me through! 😉

@CeeBeeSlim can you control blood pressure with a strict diet? Fingers crossed for your chat with your doctor. Like @HoneyBadger it sounds like your plan is working, so just keep it up!

@mandycat_florida- shuffling at the back is awesome, if that's your pace! Nothing matters as long as you are moving and enjoying yourself. I love running and often use walk/run training to build up speed or distance . But whenever I fall off my running or get injured, I always go back to a shuffle. Who cares what others think? (Even though they are most likely thinking.... "good for her, i really should get off the couch and move my butt too....")
  • spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @k8richly - Those milestone birthdays seem to be a good motivator, right? I'm motivated by my upcoming 60th, but I also remember having big fitness goals before my 50th. (And then I celebrated my birthday at a Tapas place with a bunch of friends and ate and drank with abandon.) This year I'm planning to do my birthday at a spa.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Love the February title!!
    February:

Early 60s, 5'-8" (ish)
    SW (02.10.22) - 150 lbs
    Last Month's SW - 139.4 (01.01.23)
    CW - 134.6 (02.01.23)
    Feb GW - 130.0 (possibly lower)
    Final GW - 125 lbs (or may possibly stop at 130, depending on how I feel and look)
    I've been getting to the gym at a pretty consistent rate and am happy with that. The gym changed the schedule for my AM yoga class, but it's actually working out better for me: M T F and St are now cardio (three days of treadmill and one day of bike or rower) and ST days, T and Th are yoga. The gym is closed on Sundays, but I'm going to start doing a yoga routine at home to give me 3 days of that.
    I've been planning out my menus in advance and it's really been helping. I did let myself have some cheats towards the end of the month and it's showing on the scale, so I have to get back to my clean eating this month.
    Have a fantastically fit Friday everyone :)<3
  • HoneyBadger302
    edited February 2023
    Options
    re: genetic hand-me-downs - I'm dreading my dentist appt later this month. I honestly haven't been in several years for a couple reasons - #1, every dentist visit I've had my entire life other than one, has been a traumatic experience. I have a VERY tiny mouth, and every dentist has been extremely rude and acts all put out and just tears my mouth up trying to get in there...the one good visit was, unfortunately, through workman's comp, so I couldn't just go back to her as that's all they did :( #2, money and not trusting the "no-cost" portions as there always seems to be something the insurance decides not to cover, and while a couple hundred bucks may not bother many, for me, that might have been a million the past few years.
    Finances are finally improving though, so I'm headed in - BUT - my family has issues with receding gums, pretty bad ones, too. Not gross mouth problems, no stinky breath, our teeth are clean, gums are the right colors, but everyone in my family has issues with it, and I definitely do. I'm pretty worried about what their "suggestions" will be (I've found out past suggestions from dentists were completely wrong - the last suggestion was that I needed to "toughen up" my gums so needed to brush them harder and dig in there more with the floss....ya, apparently you should not be attacking your gums like that *eyeroll). And that's part of my other issue - so many doctors, and it seems dentists too, give horrible or downright WRONG advice. My trust factor is very low...and it seems a lot of the treatments out there for this particular issue, especially when genetic, have minimal impact. Guess I'll find out what they say (this is just an initial visit), but then it'll be taking what they say and researching on my own to see if I'll go back to them or not...
  • onthisroadagain
    onthisroadagain Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! This group really helped me lose the last few pounds about five years ago. New account (not sure what happened to the old one).

Well, I’ve had two babies since then (now 4 and 2) and am at the point where I’m annoyed at how my jeans fit.

So I’m back and glad to see this is still going.

SW: 165
    UGW: 140

February goals: start tracking, stop with the late night snacking.
  • lrw327
    lrw327 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    SW: 133
    GW: 125

Hi all! Just getting back on MFP after a long hiatus. Looking to lose a few lbs before my bday at the end of March, but mainly wanting to get get back in shape physically. Want to start my 40s off feeling good again!

My Feb goals:
    - no eating past 6:30
    - 3 workouts/wk
    - 3 cycling sessions/wk
  • lrw327
    lrw327 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @k8richly You’ve got this!

My milestone bday is my goal, too! It snuck on on me, but I’d like to start the next decade feeling better and stronger!! 💪🏼 🥳
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Welcome (back) to the group @onthisroadagain and @lrw327 !!!
    @HoneyBadger302 Visiting the dentist is traumatic for me too - I'm always wondering what they'll find 'this time'. I had one great dentist that I went to for over 20 years (he retired), and none of the one's since have come close to him! I've been putting off finding a new dentist since we moved to SC because I'm so stressed that I won't find one I like.
  • k8richly
    Options
    49 yrs, 5'3"
    GW: 125lbs & strong, fit, flexible. Can I do it by end of June for my 50th birthday?!

Feb 1: 133lbs
    Feb 5: 132.7lbs

So far heading in the right direction. I think I will weigh in on Sunday mornings. Fighting a sore throat this weekend so took it easy. I haven't been sick since Dec 2021(covid) and I really can't afford to be sick now. 🤧 go away germs!

I had a strength assessment done on my glutes by my physio (shes also a personal trainer so we were in the gym). She had me do tons of heavy exercises basically to failure and i admit i pushed too far. Had a hard time doing stairs the next day! Anyways, I have a weirdly weak right glute/pelvis/hip which is throwing stuff off kilter. No surprise actually, but now I have to do something about it. She's giving me a tailored lower-body strength program. Feels good to do something about it since I've known I've had an issue for years. Once I get stronger then I can join your booty class @CeeBeeSlim!

Hello @lrw327 and welcome! We have the same start and goal weight so let's crush these goals!

And welcome back @onthisroadagain! - we've got a few young moms losing those tough pounds with toddlers underfoot. It's not impossible, I promise you!

Lovely Mondays to you all!
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    Welcome @onthisroadagain & @lrw327 !

The first week of Feb is already gone... jeez... :neutral:

Things considering with the funeral prep and the family drama, I did pretty well:

* 60.000 steps, so a bit short here due to spending a lot of time in the car driving up and down to my mother in law to prep the funeral.
    * continue to read Becks daily and do the exercises : check !
    * 2 fitness sessions and 1 PT: check !
    * Lost 0.3 kg: okay !
    * No diving but I did take out my bike on Thursday and I followed hubby by bike yesterday while he was running a training of 31k (see pic). He's already pretty ready for his next marathon.

My father in law's funeral is Wednesday, really not looking forward to this, but I'll just let it come over me and get on with it.

lfs1kjxph6m0.png

• HoneyBadger302
    Options
    Yesterday managed to get up into the mountains and spent several hours on the moto, having an ah-ha on an issue I was struggling with, and overall feeling pretty good on potentially crappy winter roads lol. My legs are starting to tell me the story today though - need to see if there is some exercise I can do on leg day that might help replicate that movement on the bike better, most exercises just don't hit it quite right...
    Putting in the work! This is week 6 for me on my program, overall doing well, and happy to see the ongoing improvements in things like my blood pressure and overall energy levels. Now I just need sleep to follow suit - struggling without the help of an OTC sleep aid, and when my sleep is so limited and my days are so full, can't afford to NOT get sleep...iirc the last time I was really good about my workouts and eating and schedule I had this problem as well. Probably just need to try not taking it over the weekend (when I can get a nap or sleep in extra if I really need to) and see if I can adjust better.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    surprisingly no weight gain over the past 3 days of not eating "on the right plan".
    I have a new hire here today at work that I am training. That will keep me away from eating anything. I'm thinking 'liquid water fast 9am-4pm' daily. I have a headache already.

I have to keep this short.
    I hope you are all crushing it!

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Hi All. Been away for a bit. Had my doc appt. Suggested a sleep aid. I waited until Friday night to test it and by Sat am I was in the ER. I recall getting up on Sat about 7am to go to the bathroom, thinking “boy. This unisom is strong”. Went to bathroom, hopped on scale like I usually do and that’s all I can remember. Hubby told me he heard a thud, called out to me and when I didn’t answer rushed in and saw me unconscious and breathing strangely in the tub. I came to with a splitting headache and long story short spent a few hours in Er to do Cat scan, ekg.

All normal - just bruised back, neck, bump
    On head. I think I’ll pass on any more sleep aids. Even with no appetite - I was 2 pounds heavier the next day!!! I need a good grab by the collar - things could’ve been sooo much worse but all I could
    focus on was the stupid weight!

What’s wrong with me!??🤬
  • k8richly
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim whaaaaat?! Oh my goodness what a scare! So you fell and hit your head and ended up in the ER?? How frightening! But it isn't the sleep aids fault, right? It was the impact of the fall? I occasionally take something for sleep when I really need it but it took me time to figure out how much I needed. Sounds like you got too much!

And to state the obvious, there's nothing wrong with you...unless you count the bump on your poor head.😩 I am so glad you're ok.

@Antiopelle good luck with the family drama and funeral. Sounds like you're heading into it with the right plan in place though. Same with lots of us. Keep at it ladies!