This February I Will…

Options
MadisonMolly2017
MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
edited January 2023 in Social Groups
With Valentine’s Day mid February, let’s focus on loving & caring for ourselves…

♥️ How can you create habits around moving your body that show it you care & appreciate all that you can do?

♥️ What habits might help you feed your body in a more loving & caring way?

♥️ How can you prepare for sleep in a way that your body will appreciate?

♥️ Is there a habit you could create to appreciate yourself more? To quiet the inner critic? To appreciate your body & be grateful for all that it has been & currently is?

♥️ How can you show yourself kindness & self-compassion?

https://www.lifehack.org/839214/self-compassion

Let's make this ♥️ month a great one!

🌷Denise & 🌸Maddie
@themedalist & @MadisonMolly2017

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

NEWCOMERS:
If you are new to our group, welcome! Please let us know what you will be working on this month and how we can help! A suggestion: set a reminder to check-in periodically with us. Check-in daily, weekly, or as often as works for you, but let us know how you are progressing! We're here to support and encourage you, but if you don't post, we can't cheer you on!

IF YOU ARE NEW TO BUILDING HABITS:

Building new habits is a structured, time-consuming, and repetitive process. It doesn’t just happen overnight. But it’s well worth the effort! Having good eating, exercise, and sleeping habits makes it much easier to lose weight and achieve your other health goals. You won’t have to rely on feeling motivated. You’ll act on your new habits because it’s just what you do. We use the recommended approaches of noted habits experts BJ Fogg, James Clear, Wendy Wood, and Charles Duhigg to guide us through this process.

We have 2 different strategies we recommend. Both are good tools for habit formation, they are just different methods and one might be better suited to you than the other.

METHOD 1: HABIT STACKING
We highly recommend habit stacking as a great way to build a new healthy habit. Simply attach the habit you want to create to a habit you already have using this structure:

AFTER I ________________________

I WILL __________________________

EXAMPLES:
After I brush my teeth, I will floss one tooth.
After I drink my afternoon coffee, I will put on my walking shoes.
After I put away my breakfast dishes, I will prep 3 servings of vegetables for the day.
After I clean up after dinner, I will plan tomorrow’s dinner & move necessary items from freezer to refrigerator.
After I weigh myself in the morning, I will drink 2 cups of refreshing, cool water.
After I start my coffee brewing, I will stand on each leg for 30 seconds.

METHOD 2: HABIT LOOP

Frame your goal along these lines:

1. My goal for this month (This December I will...")
2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal
3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit
4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible)
5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? (Small positive feedbacks reinforce the habit you are trying to build.)
6. What help do you need from us?
7. What does success look like to you at the end of December?

THE IMPORTANCE OF TRACKERS

Since all new habits require lots of repetition to make them stick, we highly recommend you use a habit tracker to log your daily progress.

Tracker Types:
Paper - plenty of free ones or create your own. A simple sheet of paper works! Check out the trackers of @77tes in past months!
Calendar: Denise (@themedalist) uses these. Daily check marks work just fine!
Tracking apps - some are free
Physical - move a marble, paper clip, etc into a jar each day or color code them
Emoji - @TexasGardnr @nebslp & @MadisonMolly2017 are fond of these! Look in prior month’s to see how effective they are!

Whatever helps you celebrate your baby steps and successes will work. But please use a tracker. It makes it more likely you’ll change your behavior and it’s fun to see your progress!

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, do I ❤️❤️❤️ this February theme! Thank you @MadisonMolly2017! I love it!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Oh my gosh, do I ❤️❤️❤️ this February theme! Thank you @MadisonMolly2017! I love it!

Thanks @themedalist ❣️❣️❣️
    I’m so glad, and I am so grateful for you♥️
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    With Valentine’s Day mid February, let’s focus on loving & caring for ourselves…

♥️ How can you create habits around moving your body that show it you care & appreciate all that you can do?

♥️ Is there a habit you could create to appreciate yourself more? To quiet the inner critic? To appreciate your body & be grateful for all that it has been & currently is?

🌷Denise & 🌸Maddie

NEWCOMERS:
    If you are new to our group, welcome! Please let us know what you will be working on this month and how we can help! A suggestion: set a reminder to check-in periodically with us. Check-in daily, weekly, or as often as works for you, but let us know how you are progressing! We're here to support and encourage you, but if you don't post, we can't cheer you on!

Building new habits is a structured, time-consuming, and repetitive process. It doesn’t just happen overnight. But it’s well worth the effort! Having good eating, exercise, and sleeping habits makes it much easier to lose weight and achieve your other health goals. You won’t have to rely on feeling motivated. You’ll act on your new habits because it’s just what you do. We use the recommended approaches of noted habits experts BJ Fogg, James Clear, Wendy Wood, and Charles Duhigg to guide us through this process.

We have 2 different strategies we recommend. Both are good tools for habit formation, they are just different methods and one might be better suited to you than the other.

We highly recommend habit stacking as a great way to build a new healthy habit. Simply attach the habit you want to create to a habit you already have using this structure:

EXAMPLES:
    After I put away my breakfast dishes, I will prep 3 servings of vegetables for the day.
    After I clean up after dinner, I will plan tomorrow’s dinner & move necessary items from freezer to refrigerator.
    After I weigh myself in the morning, I will drink 2 cups of refreshing, cool water.

5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? (Small positive feedbacks reinforce the habit you are trying to build.)

Since all new habits require lots of repetition to make them stick, we highly recommend you use a habit tracker to log your daily progress.

Tracker Types:
    Paper - plenty of free ones or create your own. A simple sheet of paper works! Check out the trackers of @77tes in past months!
    Physical - move a marble, paper clip, etc into a jar each day or color code them
    Emoji - @TexasGardnr @nebslp & @MadisonMolly2017 are fond of these! Look in prior month’s to see how effective they are!

Whatever helps you celebrate your baby steps and successes will work. But please use a tracker. It makes it more likely you’ll change your behavior and it’s fun to see your progress!

This is awesome. Xo
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    1st Feb
    After i get to work I will pretrack my food for the day ♥
    After i eat, over eat or graze i will track my food ♥
    After I hear my 4.15pm alarm I will get ready to pack up so I can leave work at 4.30pm sharp! 😡
    After I get home from work and hve spend some time with bub I will give myself a few min to veg out and relax ♥
    After I give myself time to veg out I will write at least 1 word in my journal.♥
    After i write 1 word in my journal I will report here daily ♥

🌷Denise & 🌸Maddie

NEWCOMERS:

EXAMPLES:

Tracker Types:
    Emoji - @TexasGardnr @nebslp & @MadisonMolly2017 are fond of these!
    Look in prior month’s to see how effective they are!

This is awesome. Xo

Thank you @donna25trinity
    Great to see you!
    I love your plan - I predict you will succeed!

Hugs,
    Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited February 2023
    Options
    🎖 = Walking 10K every day day makes my body feel strong, makes me happier & more relaxed, helps me sleep, inspires my art (nature), and allows me to eat more :)

👏👏 = Sat Fat < 8 grams per day to help
    My heart be as healthy as possible

⚖️ = weighing, recording, and reflecting upon my weight daily helps me remain aware &!enables me to adjust

🍓= calories < 1,880 & careful tracking helps my body get the nutrients it actually needs

📚 = reading helps my brain, relaxes me, and broadens me

👩🏻‍🎨= [envisioning, looking, writing, drawing, photographing possible artworks / painting, collage, drawing, bookmaking / sewing, embroidery, crochet / taking on-line classes] brings me great joy & the more consistently I do it, the more I see how my work evolves and then I realize what it was all about! Amazing!
    Feb 1: 🎖⚖️🍓📚👩🏻‍🎨
  • Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    This February I will:
    - Con’t with min of 8 water/day
    - Be in bed by 9:45 5/7 days/week
    - Add: minimum of 5 servings veggies/day
    - Add: Some deliberate exercise or stretching 5/7 days/week

Feb 1st: water :) veggies :) son @ hospital so up late; no exercise (recovering from Tues fall on ice)
    2nd:
    3rd:
    4th:
    5th:
    6th:
    7th:
    8th:
    9th:
    10th:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,810 Member
    Options
    My February Theme is
    LOVING GETTING BACK AT IT!

I was released to do more activity at doctor appointment yesterday, so hooray!

This month I going to slowly get back to my previous level of activity.
    Feb 1 - 25 minutes walking, 5 minutes biking, 15 minutes yoga ( on the mat, not a chair) ❤️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    My February Theme is
    LOVING GETTING BACK AT IT!

I was released to do more activity at doctor appointment yesterday, so hooray!

This month I going to slowly get back to my previous level of activity.
    Feb 1 - 25 minutes walking, 5 minutes biking, 15 minutes yoga ( on the mat, not a chair) ❤️

@77tes Hooray!! I’m so happy for you❣️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Lynn__W wrote: »
    This February I will:
    - Con’t with min of 8 water/day
    - Be in bed by 9:45 5/7 days/week
    - Add: minimum of 5 servings veggies/day
    - Add: Some deliberate exercise or stretching 5/7 days/week

Feb 1st: water :) veggies :) son @ hospital so up late; no exercise (recovering from Tues fall on ice)
    2nd:
    3rd:
    4th:
    5th:
    6th:
    7th:
    8th:
    9th:
    10th:

Such a great plan! Adding in a couple more habits gradually really works!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    ]🎖 = Walking 10K every day day makes my body feel strong, makes me happier & more relaxed, helps me sleep, inspires my art (nature), and allows me to eat more :)

⚖️ = weighing, recording, and reflecting upon my weight daily helps me remain aware &!enables me to adjust

🍓= calories < 1,880 & careful tracking helps my body get the nutrients it actually needs

👩🏻‍🎨= [envisioning, looking, writing, drawing, photographing possible artworks / painting, collage, drawing, bookmaking / sewing, embroidery, crochet / taking on-line classes] brings me great joy & the more consistently I do it, the more I see how my work evolves and then I realize what it was all about!
    Amazing!

2: 🎖⚖️🍓📚👩🏻‍🎨
    3. 🎖⚖️ 📚👩🏻‍🎨

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    BBH February I will…
    🍎🍇🫐🍓🥝🍓🫐🍇🍎
    🍎🍇 February 2023 🍇🍎
    🍎🍇🫐🍓🥝🍓🫐🍇🍎

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body mind and soul

January was a good month overall. Looking forward to February.

February I will …..
    Right This Minute

I am working on being more proactive, using Right This Minute as a spur to encourage me to resist procrastination.
    I’ve been trying it out, and it certainly creates great positive feelings to be able to get started on a task. And once I start, I find that I usually complete the task.
    David at Raptitude advocates writing on a few post-it notes and sticking them around the place to remind you.
    HOW?
    After I see one of my RTM post-its …..
    I will find 1 small task that can I do RIGHT THIS MINUTE and DO it > 5 times a day.
    Reward: I HAVE THE POWER
    ⚔️ He-Man salute!!! ⚔️
    🎉🎉🎉
    Daily Solid Habits:
    Solid Habits
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎CleanToilets/Walk/Make beds
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 6000 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC
    💎Close Apple rings
    💎Building Better Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    💎Daily chores
    💚💚💚

YOU are worth the effort!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    After I hear my 4.15pm alarm I will get ready to pack up so I can leave work at 4.30pm sharp! 😡
    After I get home from work and hve spend some time with bub I will give myself a few min to veg out and relax ♥
    After I give myself time to veg out I will write at least 1 word in my journal.♥
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    In February I will continue to increase meals that are meatless it was a good January experience. I will continue to work on meditation and my 100 mile challenge.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options

]🎖 = Walking 10K every day day makes my body feel strong, makes me happier & more relaxed, helps me sleep, inspires my art (nature), and allows me to eat more :)

👩🏻‍🎨= [envisioning, looking, writing, drawing, photographing possible artworks / painting, collage, drawing, bookmaking / sewing, embroidery, crochet / taking on-line classes] brings me great joy & the more consistently I do it, the more I see how my work evolves and then I realize what it was all about!
    Amazing!

2: 🎖⚖️🍓📚👩🏻‍🎨
    3. 🎖⚖️😳📚👩🏻‍🎨
    4. 🎖⚖️😳📚👩🏻‍🎨
    5. 🎖⚖️😳📚👩🏻‍🎨

Eating our last three nights - son here visiting

I let them know I will eat at home tomorrow night. I don’t feel good & it’s too much salt, Sat fat, sugar… not beating myself up…I just need to find the strength… They are not to blame; old habits die hard.

This is the final One I need to learn how to manage: “vacations”

[/quote]

• donna25trinity
    edited February 2023
    Options
    5th feb After i get to work I will pretrack my food for the day ♥
    After I hear my 4.15pm alarm I will get ready to pack up so I can leave work at 4.30pm sharp! ♥
  • thewanglers
    thewanglers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This February I will complete my diary after my supper, I find that completing the diary is very rewarding as MFP tells you what you will accomplish in 5 weeks. I will continue to walk 8,000 steps and complete a workout daily Mon. through Fri.
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    6th
    After I hear my 4.15pm alarm I will get ready to pack up so I can leave work at 4.30pm sharp! No
    After I get home from work and hve spent
    some time with bub I will give myself a few min to veg out and relax ♥
    After I spend time with bub i will give myself time to veg out ♥
    After that i write 1 word in my journal no
    I will report here daily ♥

• donna25trinity
    Options
    7th
    After I hear my 4.15pm alarm I will get ready to pack up so I can leave work at 4.30pm sharp! ♥
    After I get home from work and hve spent
    some time with bub I will give myself a few min to veg out and relax ♥
    After I spend time with bub i will give myself time to veg out ♥
    After that i write 1 word in my journal no
    I will report here daily ♥

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    BBH February I will…
    🍎🍇🫐🍓🥝🍓🫐🍇🍎
    🍎🍇 February 2023 🍇🍎
    🍎🍇🫐🍓🥝🍓🫐🍇🍎

I am a person who values the health and fitness of body mind and soul

February I will …..
    Right This Minute

I am working on being more proactive, using Right This Minute as a spur to encourage me to resist procrastination.
    I’ve been trying it out, and it certainly creates great positive feelings to be able to get started on a task. And once I start, I find that I usually complete the task.
    David at Raptitude advocates writing on a few post-it notes and sticking them around the place to remind you.
    HOW?
    After I see one of my RTM post-its …..
    I will find 1 small task that can I do RIGHT THIS MINUTE and DO it > 5 times a day.
    Reward: I HAVE THE POWER
    ⚔️ He-Man salute!!! ⚔️
    🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
    Daily Solid Habits:
    Solid Habits
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎CleanToilets/Walk/Make beds
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements