Nutrition - βœ…βœ…βŒβœ…βœ…βœ…βŒ
    Water - βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…
    Exercise - βŒβŒβŒβœ…βŒβŒβŒ
    Sleep - βœ…βœ…βŒβœ…βŒβœ…βœ…
    Giving - βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…
    Connection - βŒβœ…βœ…βŒβœ…βœ…βœ…
    Team - βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βŒ
    Spirituality - ❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

So annoying to see such a big gain but it is what it is πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ The 5:2 diet clearly isn’t for me.

This week I will be doing slimfast… let’s see if that’s any better for me πŸ™

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    gxs71hr7prcm.png

Here is my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need for February week 1 ...Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday evening 1/7 so that I can post the results on Wednesday morning ...Thank you for your cooperation

@aactuallyaash 1/29 - 2/4
    @LennieKat 1/29 - 2/4
    @Bluetail6 2/2 - 2/4
    @rwood566 1/29 -2/4

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited February 2023
    Options
  • pauladner
    pauladner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday , Feb. 5
    PW (Previous Weight): 158 lb
    CW (Current Weight): 155 lb
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,460 Member
    Options
    cormierannie
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 136 pounds
    CW: 136 pounds
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 155.4 pounds
    CW (Current Weight): 157.3 pounds
    Gained 1.9 pounds since last Saturday. :'(

Feeling discouraged that I have to post this but I'm all about the facts and these are the hard cold facts! Reality bites sometimes, lol! I was 158.0 pounds yesterday so I at least got down 0.7 pounds overnight thanks to my salad eating and exercising yesterday otherwise I would've had a 2.6 pound gain in 1 week! I lost every week for the previous 4 weeks (every Saturday in January) so I'm not surprised that I had a gain turn up but I had really been hoping for a maintain. Now I'm only down 0.9 pounds since the start of the new year instead of the 2.8 pounds I was down in January. Trying not to feel frustrated and down about it but it really is discouraging when it takes 4 weeks to lose 2.8 pounds and only 1 week to put back on 1.9 pounds. I'm still down 12.8 pounds since my highest weight but since my highest weigh was in 2016 it's time to get a move on to get down and stay down 40 pounds instead of the yo yo, up and down, start stop restart.
    I take some accountability for the gain as I know some things I ate last week would contribute to weight gain (e.g., last minute decision to pick up take out for a person who was going to cook their own dinner on their birthday so I had honey garlic ribs, fries, white roll, and one weeknight evening had take out pepperoni pizza and parmesan sticks on a night I didn't feel like cooking and wanted take out, some pieces of a plain cake someone dropped off to brighten my day as she knew my health was giving my a lot of troubles, ice cream someone gave me to pick up my spirits, frozen bought chocolate chip cookies that I kept heating up in the oven).
    Some things were out of my control like having to eat a snack before bed to take a pill that can't be taken on an empty stomach but I did try to eat healthier when I had to eat the late night snack (e.g., applesauce, salad). I also know 2 of my health problems can lead to weight gain and I also couldn't exercise for 2 days due to my health and the weather.
    I do also know I made some good choices last week so when my weight goes up it's discouraging. I ate a good number of salads, worked to drink more water, walked even on colder days, didn't add a whole bunch of junkfood to my grocery order, and only ate ice cream on the day of my weigh in last Saturday after having a loss.

@lindamtuck2018
    Sorry that you are suffering from so many headaches. Glad you are on the up and up today. Hope only healthy items make it into your grocery cart today! I really hope you enjoy your outing and a night off cooking.

Don't let one set back discourage you. Remember why you started this! Do you log your foods? It's amazing how those calories can add up from just one little this and a dish of that! I find i have to "keep logging to keep losing"
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 165
    CW: 165.4πŸ™ƒ

I'm trying not to get frustrated... I think more water, more movement, and less stress is going to be key.

Hey your doing great 30lb down !!! We all have little setbacks :) you can do this!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Steps: 7,664
    Sleep: βœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈ
    Log food: βœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβŒβœ”οΈ
    Exercise:βœ”οΈ

Home from our min getaway. Had fun but we ended up just going to Tim Hortons and getting a sandwich as there was a lineup at the restaurant we were going. Last week was a great week goal wise except exercise. I have lost my motivation to exercise and not sure how to get it back. Any suggestions?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Steps: 7,664
    Sleep: βœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈ
    Log food: βœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβŒβœ”οΈ
    Exercise:βœ”οΈ

Home from our min getaway. Had fun but we ended up just going to Tim Hortons and getting a sandwich as there was a lineup at the restaurant we were going. Last week was a great week goal wise except exercise. I have lost my motivation to exercise and not sure how to get it back. Any suggestions?

I hope you had a great time last night :)
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    2/3 - 8,289
    2/4 - 10,997

Waterβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈ
    Caloriesβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβŒ
    Exerciseβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβœ”οΈβŒ

So....Saturday, I went with my kids to a Chinese buffet for lunch. I planned it earlier in the week and my mom and godmother were there. It was nice. I didn't go crazy, but I was likely over my calories lol(I gave up trying to log that meal). I also didn't do any planned exercise.

I went to a Choir! Choir! Choir! Queen sing-along event on Saturday evening and moved like crazy so I'm not beating myself up about going to the buffet. If you ever get the opportunity, go to one of their sing-alongs, it is so fun and I think they'll be hosting events in the states and UK during the next couple of months.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    inshapeCK
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 155.4 pounds
    CW (Current Weight): 157.3 pounds
    Gained 1.9 pounds since last Saturday. :'(

Feeling discouraged that I have to post this but I'm all about the facts and these are the hard cold facts! Reality bites sometimes, lol! I was 158.0 pounds yesterday so I at least got down 0.7 pounds overnight thanks to my salad eating and exercising yesterday otherwise I would've had a 2.6 pound gain in 1 week! I lost every week for the previous 4 weeks (every Saturday in January) so I'm not surprised that I had a gain turn up but I had really been hoping for a maintain. Now I'm only down 0.9 pounds since the start of the new year instead of the 2.8 pounds I was down in January. Trying not to feel frustrated and down about it but it really is discouraging when it takes 4 weeks to lose 2.8 pounds and only 1 week to put back on 1.9 pounds. I'm still down 12.8 pounds since my highest weight but since my highest weigh was in 2016 it's time to get a move on to get down and stay down 40 pounds instead of the yo yo, up and down, start stop restart.
    I take some accountability for the gain as I know some things I ate last week would contribute to weight gain (e.g., last minute decision to pick up take out for a person who was going to cook their own dinner on their birthday so I had honey garlic ribs, fries, white roll, and one weeknight evening had take out pepperoni pizza and parmesan sticks on a night I didn't feel like cooking and wanted take out, some pieces of a plain cake someone dropped off to brighten my day as she knew my health was giving my a lot of troubles, ice cream someone gave me to pick up my spirits, frozen bought chocolate chip cookies that I kept heating up in the oven).
    Some things were out of my control like having to eat a snack before bed to take a pill that can't be taken on an empty stomach but I did try to eat healthier when I had to eat the late night snack (e.g., applesauce, salad). I also know 2 of my health problems can lead to weight gain and I also couldn't exercise for 2 days due to my health and the weather.
    I do also know I made some good choices last week so when my weight goes up it's discouraging. I ate a good number of salads, worked to drink more water, walked even on colder days, didn't add a whole bunch of junkfood to my grocery order, and only ate ice cream on the day of my weigh in last Saturday after having a loss.

@lindamtuck2018
    Sorry that you are suffering from so many headaches. Glad you are on the up and up today. Hope only healthy items make it into your grocery cart today! I really hope you enjoy your outing and a night off cooking.

I get the yo yo. Times of stress and poor sleep tend to cause me to gain. I have figured out that staying in the group and posting even if I gain keeps me from totally going off the rails. I like that you also looked at the things you did right. It is important to recognize our wins off the scales.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    SW (Jan 1st) - 233.4lbs
    PW (Jan 29th) - 223.8lbs
    CW - 224.8lbs

Nutrition - βœ…βœ…βŒβœ…βœ…βœ…βŒ
    Water - βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…
    Exercise - βŒβŒβŒβœ…βŒβŒβŒ
    Sleep - βœ…βœ…βŒβœ…βŒβœ…βœ…
    Giving - βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…
    Connection - βŒβœ…βœ…βŒβœ…βœ…βœ…
    Team - βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βœ…βŒ
    Spirituality - ❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

So annoying to see such a big gain but it is what it is πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ The 5:2 diet clearly isn’t for me.

This week I will be doing slimfast… let’s see if that’s any better for me πŸ™

One of my friends counts calories and uses slim fast. She makes a shake with it for breakfast and lunch. She adds fruit to the shake. She eats a regular meal for dinner. Look at all the green in your week. Keep working on your goals.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps:
    2/3 - 8,289
    2/4 - 10,997

So....Saturday, I went with my kids to a Chinese buffet for lunch. I planned it earlier in the week and my mom and godmother were there. It was nice. I didn't go crazy, but I was likely over my calories lol(I gave up trying to log that meal). I also didn't do any planned exercise.

I went to a Choir! Choir! Choir! Queen sing-along event on Saturday evening and moved like crazy so I'm not beating myself up about going to the buffet. If you ever get the opportunity, go to one of their sing-alongs, it is so fun and I think they'll be hosting events in the states and UK during the next couple of months.

I must check it out to see if the have it in Canada. I certainly wouldn’t sing in public as I can’t carry a tune but it would be fun to go too.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    2/3 - 8,289
    2/4 - 10,997

I must check it out to see if the have it in Canada. I certainly wouldn’t sing in public as I can’t carry a tune but it would be fun to go too.

They're from Toronto! I live in Mississauga and we went to the event at Massey Hall. They have one in Montreal next week and Oakville the week after before they leave Canada for a while.

We sang We Will Rock You and Tyler from The Barenaked Ladies came out to do the drum beat. It was such a good time :)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ab4c4bfbt1bb.png
    9w46psxp73pn.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    9p524csn1qv4.png

By Pounds
    argu6jsg8kfh.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    7hmy1pnprfz0.png

By Pounds
    uhcofcgxhmq6.png
    dx2cw8hq3g5g.png

Team Winners
    20etxyich0fg.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    CONGRATS @JaysFan82 , @pauladner and @NanElisaP for being our top 3 weight loss losers this week ...Great job :)
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1/30 4772
    1/31 7462
    2/1 5090
    2/2 6507
    2/3 4458
    2/4 17242 - went for a hike with my hubby at Ghost Ranch
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Slimmersixties and @363days and @FindingSamMon
    I sent you friend requests. No pressure to accept them though.

@363days
    I have been gaining and losing the same pounds for almost 20 years so I'm just so tired of the merry go round. Would prefer to be on a slide and get to the bottom, lol! Healthy eating is my biggest struggle as I hate cooking so that leads to buying more processed food than I would like.

@Slimmersixties
    I don't log my food anymore as I found it very time consuming and frustrating, although I do know it is very beneficial. To hold myself accountable and to see where I am making bad choices, I write out everything I eat and drink then I post it in my newsfeed for all my MFP friends to see and I have posted many times that I am open to accepting consequences (e.g., no junkfood tomorrow, pre-plan your meals for tomorrow, eat a fruit or vegetable at every meal, do 20 extra minutes of exercise, do 20 wall push ups) when my MFP friends read unhealthy choices as surprisingly consequences actually motivate me as I know if I don't want a consequence I need to make better eating choices. I do know where I am going wrong most of the time but struggle with willpower and self-control and I don't like a lot of healthy foods or cooking so ultimately I know what I need to do but I don't do it enough or consistently.

@lindamtuck2018
    I agree that the group can help us stay on track. Knowing I have to weigh in weekly and post it does motivate me.
    When I don't want to exercise I literally have to just force myself back to it and after a certain number of days I get back into the routine of doing it. I find having a walking partner is helpful as on days when I don't initiate a walk, my walking partner might call and ask about walking so I make myself go then. I also find I enjoy my walks more if I have someone to walk with and if I explore new trails.

• rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Hi, Linda. Here are my weigh in numbers:

User: rwillems
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 276.4 lbs
    CW: 277.4 lbs (Up 1.0 lbs. Yikes! )

This discussion has been closed.