Progress Report

Options
momwow17
momwow17 Posts: 1,653 Member
Use this thread to report on your progress each week throughout the year and to set an intention for the following week.

Example format (although, feel free to make this your own)

Progress Report Week 1

Weight on January 1, 2023: 219.8
Current Weight: 216.5
Total Loss: 3.3 lbs
Progress on other goals: Did not drink alcohol; stayed within calories
Summary of how you did this week: I was often hungry during the week and was very tempted to fall into old drinking/eating habits, but I didn't succumb to temptation. I am hopeful that as time goes on the cravings and hunger will subside.

Intention for Week 2: I didn't follow through on my exercise plan during week 1, so for week 2 my intention is to go for a 1-hour walk on at least 3 days. I will do this by making plans to walk with friends, so I will not be tempted to shrug off.

Replies

• momwow17
    Options
    1/8/23
    Progress report week 1:

Starting weight on 1/1/23: 219.8
    Current weight on 1/8/23: 216.4
    Weight lost during the week: 3.4 lbs
    Total weight lost for 2023: 3.4 lbs

Progress on other goals: I didn’t drink any alcohol. 🥳 I stayed under 1400 calories 6/7 days.

Intention for week 2: start doing cardio 3x/week and strength & yoga 2x/week. Also make a list of things that need to be done this week and get them done.
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Progress report week 1:

Starting Weight 01/01/23: 250 lbs.
    Current Weight 01/08/23: 248 lbs
    Weight Lost : 2 lbs.
    Total Gone: 2 lbs.

Progress on other goals: I started logging my food again this week. I stayed within my calories.

Intention for week 2: Joined a gym. Try to get to the gym with my son three times. ( I work a full time and part time job)
  • momwow17
    Options
    Congrats on your 2lb loss! Way to go!! It’s wonderful your son can go to the gym with you.
  • dianastepheny
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @momwow17 . My younger son is 12 and super excited that he can join a gym now. Hopefully, his enthusiasm will keep me motivated after an 11 hour work day. Not sure I’d make it there on my own.
  • momwow17
    Options
    @dianastepheny Wow, 11-hour work day? Where do you work? I hope you at least have 3-day weekends!
  • dianastepheny
    Options
    @momwow17 It’s actually two jobs back to back ( part time- tutor, then full time-bookkeeper ). Unfortunately, I sit in the car to and from work, 30 min each way. Then, I sit at work. That’s a lot of time on my butt. Not great for my health. I don’t work weekends though, so that’s a plus.
  • momwow17
    Options
    @momwow17 It’s actually two jobs back to back ( part time- tutor, then full time-bookkeeper ). Unfortunately, I sit in the car to and from work, 30 min each way. Then, I sit at work. That’s a lot of time on my butt. Not great for my health. I don’t work weekends though, so that’s a plus.

You're a busy lady! I sat for long hours at my last job and it really contributed to my weight gain. I'm thinking about in my next job installing a standing desk, but I'm not sure about typing, doing emails and such standing up. Does anyone have any experience with this?
  • dianastepheny
    Options
    Progress report week 2:

Weight last week: 248 lbs.
    Current Weight 01/08/23: 245 lbs
    Weight Lost : 3 lbs.
    Total Gone: 5 lbs.

Progress on other goals: I continued logging my food again this week. I stayed within my calories with the exception of one day. I didn’t make it to the gym ( stomach flu going around town…thought the gym might be a giant Petri dish).

Intention for week 2: Try to get to the gym with my son three times, or to the gym twice and outdoors once.
  • momwow17
    Options
    Progress report week 2:

Weight last week: 248 lbs.
    Current Weight 01/08/23: 245 lbs
    Total Gone: 5 lbs.

Progress on other goals: I continued logging my food again this week. I stayed within my calories with the exception of one day. I didn’t make it to the gym ( stomach flu going around town…thought the gym might be a giant Petri dish).

Intention for week 2: Try to get to the gym with my son three times, or to the gym twice and outdoors once.

Awesome Job!! Keep up the great work :)
  • momwow17
    Options
    1/22/2023

I did not make any progress over the last 2 weeks and I forgot to weigh myself this morning, so I'm not sure how much damage has been done, but today I'm recommitting and I will lose at least 60 lbs by the end of this year. I can't wait to do it! I'll post my Week 3 progress tomorrow morning, once I weigh in. How's everyone else doing?
  • dianastepheny
    Options
    @momwow17 A couple of weeks is just a blip in time when compared to the rest of our lives. As long as you change the direction now, you’ll be just fine. Think of it as a fresh, brand new start. You can do this. 😃
  • dianastepheny
    Options
    Progress report week 3:

Weight last week: 245 lbs.
    Current Weight 01/08/23: 242 lbs
    Total Gone: 8 lbs.

Progress on other goals: Pretty much the same as last week. I continued logging my food again this week. I stayed within my calories with the exception of one day according to MFP since it came out to 0 calories left, it didn’t consider it “under” and give me the happy little message about my day. I didn’t make it to the gym ( stomach flu going around town…thought the gym might be a giant Petri dish). But, I didn’t walk outside either. I had a (hopefully) irrational fear of walking too far and not being able to get back. I know…I should have done a short distance which is better than nothing. I’m going to try for a walk today.

Intention for week 2: Same as last week. Try to get to the gym with my son three times, or to the gym twice and outdoors once.
  • dianastepheny
    Options
    Progress report week 4:

Weight last week: 242 lbs.
    Current Weight 01/08/23: 239 lbs
    Total Gone: 11 lbs.

Progress on other goals: Pretty much the same as last week. I continued logging my food again this week. I didn’t make it to the gym because it’s been a rough week. My whole family is sick. Nausea, headache, sore throat, dizziness, high fever, slight cough, and now getting stuffy. It’s been horrible. I’m on day 3 and still feel really I’ll. My 12 year old was sick the first half of the week. Then, it started making its rounds.

Intention for next week: Same as last week. Try to get to the gym with my son three times, or to the gym twice and outdoors once.
  • dianastepheny
    Options
    Progress report week 4:

Weight last week: 239 lbs.
    Current Weight 01/08/23: 235 lbs
    Weight Lost : 4 lbs.
    Total Gone: 15 lbs.

Progress on other goals: Pretty much the same as last week. I continued logging my food again this week. I didn’t make it to the gym. Sick earlier in the week. Staying away until next weekend. Starting doing fun walking and dance videos in the house. Found ones for musicals like Mamma Mia, Grease, Hamilton, Disney, etc.

Intention for next week: Same as last week. Try to get to the gym with my son. Plus, incorporate more dance videos. Those make exercising super fun.
  • dianastepheny
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Progress report week 6:

Weight last week: 235 lbs.
    Current Weight 02/12/23: 235 lbs
    Weight Lost : 0 lbs.
    Total Gone: 15 lbs.

Noticed I messed up copying and pasting dates up until now.

Should be:
    Starting weight 01/01/23 : 250 lbs
    Week 1: 01/08/23 248 lbs
    Week 2: 01/15/23 245 lbs
    Week 3: 01/22/23 242 lbs
    Week 4: 01/29/23 239 lbs
    Week5: 02/05/23 235 lbs
    Week 6: 02/12/23 235 lbs

Progress on other goals: I stayed within calories, but my food choices were less healthy and based more on convenience or what other family members wanted to eat. I had less fruits and veggies, and more pastas and bread than I normally do. I’m not even a fan of breads or pastas.
    As for exercise, I continued doing fun walking and dance videos in the house. Found ones for musicals like Mamma Mia, Grease, Hamilton, Disney, etc.

Intention for next week: Try to get to the gym with my son. As for at home, I might throw some yoga or stretching videos in there. I’ve gotten very stiff as the years have gone by.
  • dianastepheny
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Progress report: Week 7

Weight last week: 235 lbs.
    Current Weight 02/19/23: 234 lbs
    Weight Lost : 1 lbs.
    Total Gone: 16 lbs.

Progress on other goals: I stayed within calories, but my food choices still had room for improvement. Lots of February birthdays = lots of lingering cake ( my BIGGEST weakness) So, when one cake is gone, there’s the next one..ugh. I did however eat better overall in all other areas.
    As for exercise, I could have done better in that regard. <sigh>

Intention for next week: Even though I eat a decent amount of fruits and veggies, I plan to incorporate more into my diet. Also, less processed foods, when possible. Hopefully, I’ll get to the gym with my son. As for at home, I might throw some yoga or stretching videos in there. I’ve gotten very stiff as the years have gone by.