Weight No More Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,092 Member
edited April 2023 in Social Groups
odxdg7opwn44.png
Here is your Team chat room for March 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @fatfifties
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The March challenge runs for 5 weeks, from Feb 26 - April 1. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. Let's have a Green March!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Spring is almost here!

I started doing the Fat to Fit challenges in September 2022 and since then have lost a total of 19.4 lbs.
    I enjoy these challenges and they really help to keep me motivated. Overall, since making my lifestyle change in January 2022, I have lost a total of 66.6 lbs. My goal weight is 135-140 so I have about 25-30 more lbs to go. I hope to make goal weight by the end of summer.

My goal for March is to lose at least 3.5 lbs and get below 160. Challenging for me since my rate of loss has slowed but I think it's doable.

Wishing everyone much success and good health!
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Rachelrjh
    Pw:155
    Cw:155
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    The March Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday Feb 26th. Join us for a 7-Day Happiness Challenge.

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10884840/march-week-1-group-challenge-7-day-happiness-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late! I've been trying to connect since last night but been having internet connectivity problems.

JessicaVRosati
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 150
    Current Weight: 148.8

Starting Weight: 159
    Goal Weight: under 140

Steps
    Sun 15435
    Mon 4686
    Tue 15720
    Wed 6555
    Thu 12144
    Fri 10485
    Sat 14008
    Tot 79033

• JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I haven't re-introduced myself in a while, so here goes.

I'm Jessica, but also go by Jec (pronounced Jake). I'm a wife, mom of 3, grandmother of 3, and registered nurse with certifications in grief counseling, health coaching, yoga and zumba. I have a home in western New York but am currently living in Rwanda with my husband where I volunteer as a nurse and group fitness instructor at a small agriculture college.

I joined F2F in November because I needed some accountability when it comes to logging food and keeping track of my nutrition. I have never had a problem getting enough exercise, but I do enjoy food and drink, sometimes too much. I was obese as a child and have been struggling with my weight almost all my adult life. I have found that it's been getting harder to keep my weight down in the past few years as I enter perimenopause. I turned 50 last October and my latest blood chemistry showed high cholesterol and uremic acid. I was a little surprised by it because, I generally eat healthily though I do allow myself to indulge occasionally. However, I do have an increased family risk for high cholesterol and gout from my father. I guess I just have to be a bit more careful about my diet.

Welcome new members! Hello, again, continuing members! Please feel free to friend me.

Also I really enjoyed the daily commitment challenge from the last week of February. If anyone is interested in an accountability buddy or group for food or activity logging, please let me know and I will be happy to join up or facilitate.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Peace,
    Jec

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    Hi WNM.. another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @JacquelineRochelle :)
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    February 26th

Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: February 19th - 226.2
    Current Weight: February 26th - 227.2

Still in training and I am just trying to make it thru the next 5 DAYS. Still early mornings, sitting all day, no water because I don't want to interrupt class. Looking forward to this all being over.
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    S - 3146
    M - 3262
    T - 4202
    W - 3889
    T - 3654
    F - 3020
    S - 3212

Total - 24385
  • JacquelineRochelle
    Options
    Hello all! I’m a secondary school teacher in Vancouver BC (Canada). I have noticed all my clothing getting tight and so it is time for me to do something about it. Although losing 45 lbs would be nice I do have much more to lose but as a 50 year old woman, I’m not sure what is possible. I have no weigh in today, as I just started today. ☺️ Nice to meet you and join in.
  • fitfreakgow80
    fitfreakgow80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Am avni from Bangalore india .During pandemic in the span of 4 yrs I have gained 45 kgs .I enrolled under personal nutritionist amd dietian and personal trainer and able to reduce 15 kgs and gained loads of knowledge abt right eating and strength training but bounced back again to 109 kgs .With all your support and motivation am here to reduce atleast 8 kg in march .will attach detail of my diet and workout.

Weigh in sunday
    Starting weight 109 kg
    Current weight 109 kg
  • oaker
    oaker Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Oaker
    Weigh Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 198.2
    Current Weight: 196.4

Original Weight 219
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

qonwbjeb7t5u.png
    jmjmaa3bke99.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    9x2ntes7cuew.png

By Pounds
    zgwq6hiy036f.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    5ozsov1asv9b.png

By Pounds
    sg1c6ug2zjye.png
    h4n06kvo5ikm.png

Team Winners
    2w218cohxjft.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

zvbshkmg3wd7.png
    eaysnv23f5uw.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    nucfkg0mrztb.png

By Pounds
    1rrcmxvupba7.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    h0joagzcl6m2.png

By Pounds
    9410w4wq6keo.png
    d8fjw322y3sx.png
    fl54m3w25gk3.png

Team Winners
    osacn0kig6v1.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Happy New Month, Everybody! So happy to see all the new faces in the chat (and the old ones too, not that I'm calling anyone old, I swear)!

I am minstrelofsarcasm, also known as Minstrel, also known as Ashley, also known as "that sweaty girl in the corner"... I am one of the co-captains along with the ever-marvelous @melaniedscott. My role here is to provide some real talk, some good motivation, and a few too many jokes about stress eating for anyone's comfort levels.

The Basics:

I am 27 and currently living in Ohio. I work as an innovation engineer for an industrial manufacturing company. I am fascinated by all facets of science, whether that be nuclear physics, nutrition, geology (I hear it rocks), chemistry, etc. Feel free to ask any of your questions when it comes to the science of things. I can't guarantee I'll know the answer, but I can definitely figure it out and provide an answer in a way that's (hopefully) understandable.

Why I am Here:

I love numbers, and when I discovered that I could get healthier (as my doctor told me I absolutely had to do) by keeping track of numbers, I signed up for MFP. My original weight was 8lbs 2oz, and while I don't think I'll ever make it quite that low ever again, my goal is to never be above my highest weight of 234 (September 2014).

Despite having joined this wonderful community, I didn't take my weight loss or my health seriously until after I graduated college in May 2017 and was told by a different doctor that my eating and (lack of) exercise habits put me on the road to diabetes. I'll admit, I was terrified. I grew up with a diabetic parent who took no actions towards improving their health to reduce their dependence on insulin and is now facing some very serious health complications. I didn't want that to happen to me - I wouldn't want to put anyone through having to worry about me in the same way I worried about them.

So I searched "gym" on Google Maps, and signed up for a free class with the first place that popped up in the results, a spin studio. Since July 1st, 2017, I have completed over 1,040 spin classes. There was some… drama at the spin studio, so I no longer have a membership, but will drop in from time to time.

In other news, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in December 2019 after an arduous journey from doctor to doctor, through several misdiagnoses (why is it that the first thing a doctor will suggest is anxiety if you're female and show emotion in the doctor's office?), 14 vials of blood drawn for blood tests, 3 weeks of being unable to consistently feel the left side of my body, 2 MRIs, 1 spinal tap, and a partridge in a pear tree. I could go into a long rant about everything, and I have, but there's no need to fill my introduction with things you don’t have time to read.

In Summary:

Since joining MFP, I have lost over 70 lbs, regained about 15 while on a three-month business trip in France (wine and cheese is my weakness), lost 5 of them, gained 5 of them, maintained throughout 2020, yo-yo'ed for the first few months of 2021, and here I stand (sit) around 170 lbs, over 60 lbs lost. I don't have a goal weight anymore, since BMI was developed by a mathematician and not a doctor, and as long as I feel healthy, I can weigh whatever I want (somewhere in the 150's sounds pretty good right now, but I guess we'll see).

As for exercising, I have recently joined a new gym. Between spending time with my friend (who has a personal training certification, and who I guess is now my personal trainer) and dropping in on spin classes and all the amenities my new gym has to offer, I am hoping to get back on track. Previously, I have had memberships with CycleBar, OrangeTheory, and F45 - By no means am I an expert on fitness classes, but I know a thing or two.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you even more as we work our way through the month.
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi there all. I have no idea what I’m supposed to do. Help would be appreciated.
  • ____Becks____
    ____Becks____ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    MFP USERNAME ____Becks____
    WEIGH-IN DAY Monday
    PREVIOUS WEIGHT 188lbs
    CURRENT WEIGHT 183.5 lbs
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Congrats team! WTG winning the challenge for February!!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Hi there all. I have no idea what I’m supposed to do. Help would be appreciated.

Hi @DebbsSeattle !

Welcome to Team Weight No More! I'm Ashley, one of the captains of this team - I also take care of some of the moderation work for the Fat2Fit group - and I'm here to help!

According to the spreadsheet, it looks like you've chosen a Thursday weigh-in day. So, on Thursday, all we need you to do is post your current weight. You can do this in any format you like as long as Melanie ( @melaniedscott ) or I can find it to make sure we keep your weight updated.

If you would like to be more involved in the team, you can:
    • Post regular updates on how you're doing, what you're struggling with, ask questions you have, etc.
    • Join the Step Team Challenge, and post your step counts (Sun - Sat) before the results are posted on Wednesday/Thursday
    • Share Recipes
    • Share Workouts
    • Post Inspirational Quotes/Pictures

Your experience here is entirely up to you, but I've found that being more active with the team is a great way to hold yourself accountable in the real world.

Does that help?
  • fitfreakgow80
    fitfreakgow80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today Was busy with helping my daughter in study didn't find time to workout Tom planned to go for 1 hr walk and 45 min strength training at home or gym. My problem is I donot stick to diet workout somehow I manage to do 5 days a week at gym .share some tips to stick to diet
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Thanks minstrelofsarcasm. I think that is sufficient. I am not tech savvy…by choice…it has absolutely no appeal to me. I have a hard time finding this page to get back to it. I won’t be joining the step teams as I’m a step underachiever and no time to work on doing better at this time. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.