Eat this, not that. Share quick tips

Options
MartyF4
MartyF4 Posts: 12 Member
I stopped Starbucks (tough!) I now have an Atkins shake warmed up some days. I use low or nofat cottage cheese in quiches or frittadas. What substitions have YOU made?
Tagged:

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I too kicked the Starbucks habit last month along with Diet Coke. I drink black coffee now with monkfruit sweetener. I make cauliflower rice rather than white or brown rice and like zucchini or shiritaki noodles in place of normal spaghetti. I don’t really sub anything for bread but just go without or use a low carb wrap once in a while. I’ve stopped eating pizza but will occasionally make a crust less pizza bowl with just the toppings, cheese and sauce. I just got a mini waffle maker so will start experimenting with low carb chaffle recipes.
  • Stephen_LacaJr
    Stephen_LacaJr Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Been on KETO since Jan 2nd and have lost 44 pounds in 8 weeks. Here are some of my Swaps...

Frappucino --> Black coffee w/coconut oil and collagen peptides (sometimes a pink spoon of sweet-n-low)

Pasta or rice --> Shiritaki noodles and rice when I can afford it or Zucchini and Cauliflower when I can't.

Bread --> Keto Culture Bakery bread and buns when I must have bread. Lettuce wraps when I don't.

Tortillas --> La Tortilla Factory Zero Net Carb tortillas when I must have... Lettuce wraps when I don't.

Pizza Crust --> Santa Fe Tortilla Co. - Multi Grain High Fiber and Omega 3s Tortillas - 5g Net Carbs - Make a great thin crust for pizza toppings and it is a 10" round so cuts into 6 small slices at <1 Net Carbs each. 2 slices fill me up nowadays... LOL

Diet Soda -->SodaStream w/bubly flavor drops

Chips and Cookies - nuts, cheese sticks, beef sticks, pork rinds

Kraft Dinner - Shiritaki or Cauliflower with homemade Cheese sauce.

This is getting really long so I'll stop here... The main thing is, when I am eating these swaps, they are so much richer and heaver than the standard, that it takes much less to satisfy and they don't cause cravings later on... YAY!!

Have Fun!!

• MartyF4
    MartyF4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, never heard of shiritaki! This week I have used tzatziki instead of mayo or dressing, adds a lot of flavor for low carb/fat