Options
    MFP USERNAME ____Becks____
    WEIGH-IN DAY Monday
    PREVIOUS WEIGHT 183.5lbs
    CURRENT WEIGHT 183 lbs
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Good Morning team Weight No More! I did what I promised myself. I ate to maintenance on friday and Saturday and Sunday I ate below my calorie goal. Yes.. A weekend living as a natural eater. I am getting better on the weekend thing. I have learned that as soon as I start thinking about overeating to stop myself and think something else. If I catch the fantasizing early it is easier to change my mind and fantasize about being at goal weight. I have been practicing weekend to over a year now, and I now live half my weekends eating as a normal eater. It is well worth the time. I know it seems like a long time but I have built the habit of overeating over years and years. So it makes sense that breaking that habit is going to take a lot of time as well. And what else am I doing anyway?

So, my one thing today is to at least get a 10 minute of stretching in. I woke up late this morning. So I am running a little behind schedule. @BodyTalking what is your one thing?
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Today is starting off well! I'm someone who steps on the scale daily, and as of this morning, I have lost 10% of my body weight! Yay!

Tonight is my water fitness class. I love class days. They are so much fun!

I hope everyone has a good day!
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Wife and I just got back from our 20th Anniversary Cruise / vacation and now it is back to eating well and the gym. Hopefully we did not gain too much weight, but we can get it back off in a week or two.

Steps 02/26-03/04
    02/26 4147
    02/27 9043
    02/28 8011
    03/01 3640
    03/02 11454
    03/03 8198
    03/04 7676

Total 52,169
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Good morning team! I am on a roll! I did my just one thing. After dinner, I was sitting on the couch and I was like, I don't want to stretch. But I told myself that stretching is becoming a part of my daily routine. It's time to put my physical body first. And I got up and did it. I have chronic fatigue so many times I let myself out of the things I want to do. Not last night!!

I am having my Dad to dinner tonight. He is such a sweet soul. He is 90 years old and still drives and lives on his own. I am lucky to have him.

@Emm_165 I saw you got some exercise in yesterday and stuck to your calorie goal. How are you feeling?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff -

I've been meaning to respond to your requests for one thing from us, but I've been a bit of a mess the past week and kept putting it off.

My one thing today is focusing on not pushing myself too hard. My legs are still sore from leg day on Sunday, my arms from my workout yesterday, so today's workout was cardio focused with a long stretching session tagged onto the end. I'm not entirely back to normal after the migraine, but I'm so close I can taste it.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Today is starting off well! I'm someone who steps on the scale daily, and as of this morning, I have lost 10% of my body weight! Yay!

Oh my goodness, that is wonderful news. Congrats! What an accomplishment!
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm that's awesome. Meet yourself where your at. The stretching is a great practice to incorporate. I have been stretching as a practice since March 1st.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »

Oh my goodness, that is wonderful news. Congrats! What an accomplishment!

Thanks! I'm quite pleased. This morning I was down a little more so that means the 10% loss is REAL!

I have found a new snack that I like. I started eating Belvita breakfast biscuits. A package of four biscuits lasts me all day at work. Between those and the Fairlife protein shakes that I have for breakfast, I don't really need much else during the day other than water in order to feel satisfied. I might have to pack something else to nibble on during the day though because I don't want my calories to drop too low.

The Ozempic prevents me from eating very much at any one meal, so I was only able to eat half a pork chop and a small amount of mashed potatoes for dinner last night. I had to wait a while and eat some more to get over 1000 calories for the day, which is still too low. I try to eat between 1200-1400 each day.
  • Emm_165
    Emm_165 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff yes! I have stopped making excuses and have been using my stationary bike…its been cold in the Bay Area lately. I look forward to sunny days and long walks with my fam.

My one thing: getting myself on the bike every day. Its getting easier each day. Thanks for the likes and checking in with all.

Im glad you’re enjoying your stretching! Keep it up :)
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    MotylekOkruchy
    Tuesdays
    PW: 153.6
    CW: 154.4

Not happy, not pleased with this week's result. Next week will be even worse because it's my birthday tomorrow. I am turning 50 and since tomorrow is Wednesday, celebrating will be stretched until Sunday. I am going to enjoy every birthday lunch (so far 2 already planned) as well as the cake my son already brought home tonight.
    On Monday we are starting Biggest Loser at work - our annual tradition. I did pretty well in some years, so I hope it will give me extra motivation. I am glad this year we are starting AFTER my birthday.

steps for 2/26 - 3/4
    Sunday: 12151
    Monday: 14337
    Tuesday: 15310
    Wednesday: 13715
    Thursday: 13204
    Friday: 14731
    Saturday: 8236
    TOTAL: 91,684
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu - Congrats on your 10% weight loss!

@MotylekOkruchy - Happy, happy birthday! sragq721qp09.png

Eating out is certainly a challenge. I try to manage it by reviewing the menu in advance (if possible), deciding what I will order, entering it into my diary as best I can, and skipping the dessert and alcohol. It helps that many restaurants now have their menus available online. So many places serve such large portions that I typically only end up eating only half of it.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    I didn't make my just one thing yesterday. I forgot! But if I would have, i would have said enjoy the apple tart. I made a special dessert for my dad. It was about 330 calories per tart.. I passed on the cheese, dressing (I just used vinegar) and the croutons on my salad. I saved enough calories to eat dessert with Dad and still be below my calorie goal for the day. Look how I showed up!!!

Just one thing: I am going to get an extra thousand steps in. So that would be 8000 for the day.

regbxr2hm92h.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Next week will be even worse because it's my birthday tomorrow. I am turning 50 and since tomorrow is Wednesday, celebrating will be stretched until Sunday. I am going to enjoy every birthday lunch (so far 2 already planned) as well as the cake my son already brought home tonight.

Oh goodness, happy birthday @MotylekOkruchy !!!!

Enjoy your birthday lunches, and don't be so hard on yourself. One week of "bad" behavior is not indicative of who you are, and it definitely will not reverse all of the progress you've made.

Another important thing to remember is that a pound is roughly 3500 calories. If you're seeing a huge gain after all the celebrating, it's most likely not all new fat, but water retention to help your body process the extra food/salt/sugar/etc. Our bodies don't know that we're trying to lose weight - all our bodies can do is help us function based on the resources they're given.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Steps for the week:

2/26 13,093
    2/27 9,656
    2/28 10,905
    3/1 11,558
    3/2 10,484
    3/3 17,568
    3/4 11,008

Total= 84,272
  • OllieAndEd2021
    OllieAndEd2021 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Steps for the week:

2/26 8999
    2/27 11,226
    2/28 13,309
    3/1 15,503
    3/2 9733
    3/3 5980
    3/4 12,267

Total= 77,017
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    ~ Step Challenge Results ~
    MARCH WEEK ONE
    Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 11 (+2 from last week)
    Total Steps: 726,891 (+22% from last week)
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 103,842 (+46.3% from last week)

The Leaderboard -
    @abp1025 - 101,245 total | 14,464 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @MotylekOkruchy - 91,684 total | 13,098 average
    @Zumbah_Luvah - 84,272 total | 12,039 average
    @JacquelineRochelle 80,341 total | 11,477 average - Most Consistent!!!
    @OllieandEd2021 - 77,017 total | 11,002 average
    @ljdanny - 74,945 total | 10,706 average
    @JessicaVRosati - 73,364 total | 10,481 average
    @Stimpy56 - 52,169 total | 7,453 average
    @BodyTalking - 36,615 total | 5,231 average
    @melaniedscott - 29,428 total | 4,204 average
    @9Harvey - 25,811 total | 3,684 average

All of our bolded steppers set a goal and met it, based on their average steps per day!
    That is almost 3/4 of a million steps in one day! That is some serious stepping! Keep up the steps!
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    So my "just one thing" yesterday was to take 1000 more steps than my goal. I stepped 9015 steps yesterday. That was 2015 steps over my goal! I stayed below my calorie goal, stretched, and drank 64 oz of water. It was an amazing day. I lived yesterday how a natural eater would live. I am becoming her. Sometimes i lose patience with myself, and in those moments i remind myself of how far I have come. What great successes I have had along the way. I am getting there. Where I want to be in my time. Kindness and compassion to ones self is the ultimate weight loss tool.

So today, my just one thing is reflection on my successes along the way to becoming the person God meant me to be.

If you could do just one thing extra today, what would that be? It is just one thing. We all can do one thing.
This discussion has been closed.