Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,451 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have done at least 10

What do you like to do for fun? I like to go hiking and nature walking with my fiance

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Battle Creek, Michigan

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I am looking to get down to 140 by my wedding in June and to maintain after that.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My pets probably think I am annoying with all the things I try to make them do. For a friend to describe me they would probably say I am hard working, determined, and caring.

2 fun things about you? I never thought I would like fitness but I am a fitness junkie and I love it. I have ran 3 5k's in the last year and will continue to do more.

Anything else you would like to share? I get married June 24, 2023

Tabatha
  • Gaiblin
    Gaiblin Posts: 409 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Maybe 3?

What do you like to do for fun? Puzzles (sudokus, nerdle, etc.), read, travel, be outside in beautiful nature, get together with good friends, date nights with dh, eat good food - part of the problem LOL!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Ann Arbor, MI

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose a little weight, exercise more consistently, keep up with jogging - start to extend distance, maybe start some weight training

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, good sense of humor, unpretentious, generally kind

2 fun things about you? 1. Peanut butter is my Achille's heel. 2. I enjoy watching K dramas, the sweet silly ones.

Anything else you would like to share?
  • tjharleygal55
    tjharleygal55 Posts: 550 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Three 5% and some IBCs scattered in

What do you like to do for fun? spend time with our 7 grandchildren, 1 great grandson and our kids, read/listen to books, music in any form, travel…a lot (hubby doesn’t sit still very well 🙃), paddle board!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Northern Wisconsin - “The Northwoods”

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? to become stronger and lose at least the 5% weight during this challenge and to become healthier

How would your pet or friend describe you? kind heart, giving spirit, spends too much time volunteering for hospice, church, library…oh, that’s my hubby’s description. 😂

2 fun things about you? I love hiking anywhere; hubby is officiating a wedding in a castle in Scotland in May and is wearing a kilt. 😉 Am so looking fwd to it, it will be so fun!

Anything else you would like to share? I teach a weight training class for ages 55+ called Strong Bodies and love it, but struggle to get my aerobic in. I love to sit too much! 😆
  • MawMaw1941
    MawMaw1941 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    **Found an old blog from January 16, 2014 - “hope to be sitting on a "Shooting Star" come Saturday!” This was the first one! Many many since.

What do you like to do for fun?
    **oil painting, craft projects (knit, quilt, crochet etc.)

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    **State, Indiana— no major city but the town on the Wabash River where George Rogers Clark captured the Northwest Territory.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    **To get a new pedometer and “walk the block” with my neighbors.

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    **My best friend thinks I’m just great..I think she is perfect. LOL

2 fun things about you?
    **I love to travel; I love the beach (any beach will do).

**I’ve been married 62 years; hubby now has dementia; l find great comfort in sharing with my teammates as I face our changing life.
  • mydragonsangel1993
    mydragonsangel1993 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think this makes my 19th or 20th 5% challenge

What do you like to do for fun?hang out with my grandbabies, read, play games, embroidery

What major city do you live in or near? State? Tulsa Oklahoma

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? to get more exercise and to get my Cholesterol down

How would your pet or friend describe you? loving and caring

2 fun things about you? I have a husband of 30 years. And a grand mother of 4 1/2 grandkids (1/2 because they are pregnant with baby 5.)

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    ***To many to count lol

****I like to play games, crochet, plastic canvas, read, walk and hang out with friends

****I live in Windsor Ontario Canada. Across the Detroit River from Detroit

****My health and fitness goals for this season is to do my workouts each day, go for walks when it's warm enough and stick to my calorie range.

****Funny, caring, bossy, and determined

2 fun things about you?
    ****I am studying fitness and nutrition and the weekend of my birthday in June I will be going to my first PRD (provincial recognition days) with my TOPS group.

****I live with my Hubby and rottweiler Trigger. I have a Son who is 22 and lives with my sister and her boyfriend. I have a couple side jobs that will keep me busy and moving in the summer.
  • Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 4,931 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have lost count, but I started doing them in 2011 or 2012 when I joined Spark People and I have been with the same team here on MFP. For me, joining the 5% challenges have been one of the best things I have ever done.

What do you like to do for fun? I like to play games on the computer and hanging out with my family.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Memphis, TN

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I am working on losing more weight and get my body back in shape. I need to tone and build more muscle.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My pet would say I am the best mom he could have. He is loved a lot and he knows it. My friends would say that I am crazy and funny. My husband thinks that too. I just like to have a good time.

2 fun things about you? I have been married for 51 years, soon to be 52) and my DH is a retired NAVY MAN and I have been to many different places.

Anything else you would like to share? I have 2 dogs, Chico and Paco, who are the silliest two dogs I have ever seen. I have 4 grown children, 12 grandkids and 3 great grandchildren.
  • Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Several since joining Spark in 2011 and then more after joining MFP.

What do you like to do for fun? Love golf, computer games, Canasta and most card games with family. Playing with my youngest grandson who is just beginning to walk and talk is my current favorite fun time. I love to read books at bedtime to slow down and sometimes fall sleep as I do this.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Winston Salem , NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? My goal is to keep walking and using recumbent bike every day. I have lots of chores inside and out since my Hubby is no longer able to help. I also work a couple of short days at a ladies fashion store near home while a caregiver stays with hubby. My goal is to stay healthy enough to continue to be a help to my family and community.

How would your pet or friend describe you? We don't currently have a pet but in years past we have and I think they would say I loved and was consistent in caring for them.

2 fun things about you? Like having goals and enjoy challenging myself to keep up as best I can. Was always encouraged by parents to participate in fun things especially sports.

Anything else you would like to share? My husband and I have celebrated our 60 th anniversary. We have a son and daughter who are married to wonderful people and 3 grandsons who bring such joy and love and make us a happy family.
  • EjoyEvelyn
    EjoyEvelyn Posts: 646 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I began in the Fall of 2010, making this my 52nd 5% Challenge.

What do you like to do for fun? I have a love for nature, the waterfront, dinner theatres, cultural and learning events at my alma mater, and small group ministries.

Home by Wisconsin's Lake Superior and Florida's SW Gulf Coast, experiencing Hurricane Wilma (2005), Irma (2018) and Ian (2022).

Health and fitness goals: Contribute 30 minutes daily minimum of fitness and a more focused attainment of the healthy living challenges.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal and loving ...much nicer than self declared. Smile, smile!

Two fun things about you? I was a founding member of two legacy small group ministries in the 1980's: 1) I was one of thirteen people learning the art of stained glass windows; one or four designers drawing up patterns for four of the thirteen church windows; and created one of the windows myself. 2) I was one of a group of about a half dozen women meeting to learn about racism, sexism and classism through our book club and bringing forth suggestions to our church councils on how our churches might expand action and awareness. I was thrilled to design a group logo and brochure. Both were exceptionally fun projects. To this day, I profess the great value of small groups.

Anything else you would like to share? Too much of a love for cooking and eating and likely too much television, while working jigsaw puzzles or knitting prayer shawls.
  • Limsha2
    Limsha2 Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 2 and 1 IBC

What do you like to do for fun? Walking, crafts, Gardening

What major city do you live in or near? State? Nearest Edinburgh 100 mile round trip

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? continue to lose weight, improve fitness.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My dog thinks I could follow his instructions better!!

2 fun things about you? Like puzzles, Competitive.

• diannemt
    diannemt Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have done LOTS on Spark--wish I had found sooner than I did. They help me!

What do you like to do for fun? Reading is the best! But I walk/exercise as well.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Live near NYC but don't like to go there. Also live near "the shore" but am not a beach person.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I fell in Feb while skiing so I'd like to just get back to 100%.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, organized.

2 fun things about you? I love history and 18th century reenacting. I have 3 adult daughters who I love to spend time with.

• SharonWIMSONFLOWER
    SharonWIMSONFLOWER Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? No idea. Maybe 20???

What do you like to do for fun? Decorate, bird watch, read, write, watch movies with DH, spend time with my kids!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Nearest city is Houston, TX.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose the 25 pounds I gained last year due to illness and gain more energy.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Faithful, loving

2 fun things about you? I love to entertain in my home, and I bake really pretty cakes/cookies/etc.

• lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,161 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 24 regular challenges plus all the in-between challenges. With others, I go all the way back to SparkPeople.

What do you like to do for fun? Sing in the community chorus, write, read, my orchids, travel

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Hawaii and the nearest city (Honolulu) is on another island

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? Firm up my flab. I'm at maintenance weight, but need to firm up.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Reliable and interesting

2 fun things about you? I'm an author and I only retired as a professor a year ago (age 88)

Anything else you would like to share? Nothing except to welcome all the new challengers!
  • BufSabres
    BufSabres Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 4 (I think)

What do you like to do for fun? Cook, read

What major city do you live in or near? State? Arlington, VA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Increase exercise

How would your pet or friend describe you? Our lab, "Peanut" would say I like to walk and play catch.

2 fun things about you? Okay, I am not good at these question! Fun things? I have good sense of humor and like a good dad joke

Anything else you would like to share
  • Kopsbaby
    Kopsbaby Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? So many

What do you like to do for fun? Camping and traveling when we can

About 40 minutes from Williamsport, PA

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? To continue with my exercise and build stamina and strength

How would your pet or friend describe you? Outgoing and I get along well with others

2 fun things about you? I'm a twin and I'm originally from Florida. I love to swim and walk on the beach when I visit.

Anything else you would like to share? I've been married to my husband for over 33 years now.
  • MegLovesHistory
    MegLovesHistory Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have done just one.

What do you like to do for fun? I like to go on walks and hang out with my kids and husband

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Chesapeake, VA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I want to get consistent on watching my eating and consistent on exercising.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Lol probably that I am super easily distracted.

2 fun things about you? I was a nuclear engineer in the Navy, and I have a degree in history with a minor in anthropology

Anything else you would like to share? I really need to lose weight, but every time I start I fall off and then gain it all back 😔
  • walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,767 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? all of them since moving from Sp, SP since 2014-2015

What do you like to do for fun? Reading, rowing, gardening, walking/hiking, kayaking

What major city do you live in or near? State? near Twin Falls, Idaho

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? maintain not gain

How would your pet or friend describe you? reliable, comfortable to hang out with

2 fun things about you? have issues with right and left, have lots of shoes

Anything else you would like to share? love spring time
  • luv2dns2
    luv2dns2 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Many, but not lately.
    I enjoy being with family and friends and outside. Gardening is always fun, walking, cooking, reading, bird watching. I hope to get back to biking, swimming, travelling.
    I'm a Canadian living in the province of BC, between Prince George and Prince Rupert.
    I hope to be more active and lose some weight. If I lose 15 pounds, I would be in a good place, but not all in this challenge. Losing weight at a reasonable rate would be sensible and easier to maintain. 5% loss in 6 weeks would be great.
    Hopefully, caring and fun.
    2 fun things about you?
    I love purple, my 2 year old granddaughter's favorite color, too. And we both love dancing to "Abba" and many other kinds of music.
    Anything else you would like to share? Spring is my favorite season.
  • Peacelily70x7
    Peacelily70x7 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I started with Sparkpeople; so, to many to remember.

What do you like to do for fun? I like to read, watch Youtube videos on gardening and raising chickens. I have a few regulars I watch who raise all types of farm animals. My favorite is hanging out with my Rhode Island Reds.. who knew a chicken could make a good pet?
    Meet Goldilocks..
    pl1wcxbqqg9z.jpg

What major city do you live in or near? State? Montana, nearest town would be Great Falls.

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? To get my weight & blood sugar back under control.. to stop gaining weight!!!

How would your pet or friend describe you? A friend: as the crazy chicken lady for sure! My chickens: over attentive, spoils us, is our Momma.. Goldilocks would say, I'm her best friend because she lets me sit or roost on her lap! Friend's would say: she gives free eggs!

2 fun things about you? I like to laugh and encourage people, hang out with my neighbors 6 year old daughter teaching her all about raising chickens [I gave her one of my babies] as we're learning together! I like to isolate so I can stay peaceful.. drawing, doing Bible studies, reading.. spending time with my husband who is retired.. and text messengering my friends and brother & sister all day [sometimes into the night!😂🤣

Anything else you would like to share? No, that's pretty much it! Oh, I have a very old cat.. who is losing her sight and making messes for us to clean up... 🤐😝
  • memeq2
    memeq2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I would have to guess 4. I did some on Sparkpeople and I think 2 here on MFP.

What do you like to do for fun? Enjoy the great outdoors, hiking, camping, water activities. I also like to do crafts.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Rochester, NY

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I really need to get my weight down. I was 10 lbs lighter last year during the 2022 Winter Challenge.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Positive thinker, Cheerful, kind.

2 fun things about you? I love to laugh and travel.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm looking forward to connecting with everyone again.