Weight No More Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Thanks @cyndiesstuff
    I've got a day off today so will let you know what I do. That'll be my one thing - bloomin well move!
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    I ate a lot on Sunday but not much yesterday. My weight is up a little since Saturday but, as long as I average out my overs and unders, I'm hoping to report a down this Saturday.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Sun-11,373
    Mon-9,381
    Tues-10,271
    Wed-8,479
    Thurs-10,854
    Fri-10,160
    Sat-4,409
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    6afnnpypjnze.jpg
    ☝️1️⃣ I moved!
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Our walk almost didn't happen and certainly didn't last as long as I would've liked. The tram wasn't going the whole way to our stop because of roadworks. We walked towards the nature park and gorge anyway - the pedestrian access was terrible with everything dug up and muddy. Hubby was hungry, stopped in for a bite and, after 20 steps, the rain began to pour down. Decided to just get the bus back home again but reaching the stop was nigh impossible and the rain was getting heavier. Went back inside to drink a coffee and wait for it to ease off. It cleared and a rainbow shone. So, we went for the walk. About a quarter of the way round it bucketed down again, so back we went. Got treated to another rainbow, found our way to the tram stop and headed home.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    MotylekOkruchy
    Tuesdays

PW: 154.4
    CW: 155 - Not bad for a 3-day birthday celebration!

steps for 3/5 - 3/11
    Sunday: 8953
    Monday: 13119
    Tuesday: 14745
    Wednesday: 8675
    Thursday: 15008
    Friday: 15625
    Saturday: 6858
    TOTAL: 82,983
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    kelliward1

PW: 249.2
    CW: 250.8

Darn hormones are reaking havoc on my body this week. 😕
  • OllieAndEd2021
    OllieAndEd2021 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    OllieAndEd2021 Steps for last week

3/5 - 14,502
    3/6 - 11,077
    3/7 - 11,581
    3/8 - 9052
    3/9 - 10,715
    3/10 - 11,308
    3/11 - 24,119

Total = 92,354
  • ssssseika
    ssssseika Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Username: ssssseika
    Weigh-In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 154.1
    CW: 156.0

Sorry, I didn't submit my weight last week.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I'm going to hold off on the walkers post for a couple stragglers...
  • crhillis
    crhillis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Starting weight Jan 1. 2023: 151.6
    PW: 145
    CW: 144.8

Weigh in day Thursday
  • crhillis
    crhillis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I’ve never used a Fitbit or tracked steps, but I live overseas and don’t own a car so I walk a lot (plus I have four little kids to chase 😜). But have you guys found fitbits to be helpful in motivating you to get exercise? Considering whether to get one or not
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    March 12th

Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: March 5th - 226.2
    Current Weight: March 12th - 225.8
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    crhillis wrote: »
    I’ve never used a Fitbit or tracked steps, but I live overseas and don’t own a car so I walk a lot (plus I have four little kids to chase 😜). But have you guys found fitbits to be helpful in motivating you to get exercise? Considering whether to get one or not

I find it very helpful. You can set goals you can mark your progress you can step with friends. You can have competitions. I like it
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options

I am very much a numbers person, so having a number in mind and knowing that it's being tracked actually helped me a lot when I used to focus on my step counts! Even without looking at the watch, I would get up more often just because I knew something was tracking my steps, regardless of how many I had taken that day. Kind of a good passive reminder to take walks.
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    ~ Step Challenge Results ~
    MARCH WEEK TWO
    Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 9 (-2 from last week)
    Total Steps: 587,868 (-21% from last week)
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 65,319 (+1.16% from last week)

The Leaderboard -
    @OllieandEd2021 - 92,354 total | 13,193 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @JacquelineRochelle 85,523 total | 12,218 average
    @JessicaVRosati - 83,348 total | 11,907 average
    @MotylekOkruchy - 82,983 total | 11,855 average
    @abp1025 - 73,868 total | 10,553 average
    @ljdanny - 64,927 total | 9,275 average
    @BodyTalking - 44,697 total | 6,385 average
    @9Harvey - 30,866 total | 4,409 average - Most Consistent!!!
    @melaniedscott - 29,302 total | 4,186 average

All of our bolded steppers set a goal and met it, based on their average steps per day!

Even with a slight drop, we are still over half a million steps for the week! Well done!

• melaniedscott
    Options

I don't have one but I installed a pedometer on my phone and it works pretty well when I'm not at home. If I actually carried it around when I as home it would be better but I don't.
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Username: DebbsSeattle
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    PW: 189.6
    CW: 182.7

Before anyone feels the need to double check for accuracy, yes, that is correct. I’m on my March extended fast, I do one each month.
  • BodyTalking
    Options

Fitbit is removing the challenges aspect (27 March), open groups, reducing some watch functions and, now as they're owned by Google, are promoting Google Pixel watches and, I read, Fitbit accounts will become Google accounts by 2025. Lots of users are upset and either going for other brands or using mobile phone trackers. Many users are connecting their trackers to an app called Stridekick where you can join challenges. If you're able to have your phone on you most of the time, I suggest using its internal tracker and download GoogleFit app to connect to Fitbit, Stridekick, Strava and MyFitnessPal apps. For more accurate step counting, you can buy a cheaper watch but it might not connect to the apps. I have a cheaper watch, a Xiaomi, and just use the phone plus GoogleFit to be able to participate in the challenges.
    People say Garmin and Apple are good watches. Personally, I think they and Fitbit are too expensive now.
    I loved having the most basic Fitbit but it stopped working and I chose the xiaomi because I like tracking my steps, sleep and exercising for a fraction of the cost.

Try the phone tracker first, then go for a watch if you want to record all your steps.
This discussion has been closed.