Increased Dosage

Options
buniphuphu
buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
I increased my dosage today to .5 mg. I'm waiting to see how this new dosage effects me. So far I have lost 20.9 pounds after 4 weeks on .25 mg. I hope that I have a good reaction to the increased dosage.

Replies

• buniphuphu
    Options
    The increase really did a number on me for a couple of days. I vomited for a couple of nights and had intense stomach cramps, but I've worked my way past it (I think).
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. How are you feeling now?
  • buniphuphu
    Options
    I'm doing ok. The second shot at .5 went just fine. I think that I just needed to get used to the new dosage. I will get a little queasy if I eat something that is too greasy, but otherwise, I'm enjoying a lower appetite.
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good to know! My 2nd shot is Thursday. Went to a party last night, friends had a taco bar set up for dinner. I actually did really well considering my old eating habits. (See my diary). What I like about this shot is that it makes rethink my decision on eating more. I did have a few cookies, only 3. But old me would have had more like 23. 🤣
  • buniphuphu
    Options
    Great job! It is all about making small changes that you can sustain over time!
  • sabinita99
    sabinita99 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I started on January 26, and I have been losing weight ever since - -11#
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm curious: if you lost 5#/week at .25mg - why increase the dosage?

Speaking from past experience of twice losing 60 (1999) and 82 (2015) pounds quickly, I learned the hard way that rapid weight loss equates to hair loss. Hair loss which for me never came back. :'(

I'm only on week one of Ozempic, but am hoping to lose no more than 3# per week, and will stay on .25 as long as I continue losing. I need very much to keep what hair I have left!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • buniphuphu
    Options
    @akindofmagick My NP advised me to do four weeks on .25 mg then 4 weeks on .5 mg. I'm now on 1 mg. I have completed 11 weeks on Ozempic, and I am down 34.1 pounds today. Last week, I only lost .1 pound, but it was a loss, so I'm happy.

I will stay on 1 mg for the foreseeable future (probably until it stops working), and then I will probably go up again to 2 mg.
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two at .25, tomorrow is injection day, and I've decided to go up two clicks, to ~.37mg. I've had no adverse effects from .25mg, and little to no appetite suppression. Crossing fingers and toes!!
  • Browderb0809
    Browderb0809 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I took my second dose yesterday at .25. I’m still trying to learn to only eat when I’m hungry. It’s harder then some think when your used to eating anything at anytime. I really haven’t had any issues with the meds. I was almost hoping to have some so I would know how I felt when I eat the wrong foods. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I just took my third shot of ozempic yesterday. You and I are probably on the same schedule. I feel the same way you do about ozempic. I haven’t had a lot of side effects and I have lost some weight. It definitely has suppress my appetite a little, but I still struggle with wanting to over eat. It will be interesting to see how this works out.
  • JCFan3
    JCFan3 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to take 3rd injection of .25. I am still struggling with wanting to overeat and snack. Browderb0809 I know how you feel about kind of hoping to have a bad reaction to food if I eat poorly but it hasn’t really affected me adversely. I had made several improvements including no sugary drinks at all. Hoping I will start to see some weight loss and some appetite suppression.