Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options

Replies

• shannshine1
    shannshine1 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? A few, but I don't remember exactly.

What do you like to do for fun? I prefer to be outside and whatever can be done outside is fine by me!

What major city do you live in or near? State? France

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Drop about 10 pounds and get back into shape. Winter was tough.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Always overbooked and always on the go! But I'm sensitive with a big heart, and very trustworthy and put others before myself (hence my weight problem!).

2 fun things about you?
    I can remember names and faces of people very easily, but can't remember a joke to save my life.
    I detest shopping of any sort with a passion! I always have: food, clothing, shoes, and as my car has died, I now need to shop for one of those too. UGH!!! (it's been 4 months and I haven't begun looking because I'd rather do anything but so I squat cars when I can, bus it if I cannot, and with warmer weather will be able to cycle I hope!)

Anything else you would like to share? I admire all the leaders who guide us during these challenges. They are an incredible crew!
  • ameyer145
    ameyer145 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 2 so far (and not very well; looking to change that!)

What do you like to do for fun? read fiction, play tennis

What major city do you live in or near? State? live in the Atlanta, GA suburbs

What are your health/fitness goals for this season? to get more consistent with exercise & healthy eating

How would your pet or friend describe you? loyal, steady

2 fun things about you? i can always select the correct size tupperware for the leftovers; i'm stronger than i look

Anything else you would like to share? grateful to have this community for motivation!
  • Lonicera51
    Lonicera51 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How many 5% challenges? This is my first!

What do you like to do for fun? Hiking, fishing, gardening

Major city- not far from Asheville, NC

Health/fitness goals for this season? Maintain my 3x a week hiking schedule

How would your pet describe you? A warm lap but a stingy pour when it comes to cat food

Two fun things about me: I used to be a wilderness ranger in CO and I have 6 kayaks.
  • dbeau57
    dbeau57 Posts: 1,608 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I don't know, I've never kept track! A lot, though!

What do you like to do for fun? Go walking, read a book, go for a drive

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm between two major cities: New Orleans and Mobile. I'm in Mississippi.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Walking a lot and strength training.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My friends say I'm quiet.

2 fun things about you? 1) I can't catch a ball! I close my eyes every time! 2) I love to sing - in the car with the radio, in church

Anything else you would like to share? I used to be an elementary school teacher and every one of those kids were like my own. That's a lot of kids over 26 years!
  • Chubbynomore10
    Chubbynomore10 Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have lost count! Many at SP and I think 3 here. Maybe 4.

What do you like to do for fun? Play word games and puzzles.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near Atlanta, GA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose a few more inches off my waist. Need to lose at least 5 but hope for more.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loving and caring, as well as a having a quirky sense of humor.

2 fun things about you? I have Morton's toe on both feet (second toe longer than the big toe). My eyes were brown-green hazel when I was younger. They were mostly brown and looked a little greener when I wore brown, a color that didn't flatter my complexion, I prayed fervently for green eyes for many years. As I have aged, my eyes have gradually changed and now are as green as they can be. Thank you Father.

Anything else you would like to share?
  • 1AncientSage
    1AncientSage Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? On SparkPeople I did more than I can count. Here this will be my second.

What do you like to do for fun? Color, paint, draw and write

What major city do you live in or near? State? Pittsburgh Pa.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To lose my 5% and to become better at Tai Chi

How would your pet or friend describe you? My cats (3) would call me a cuddler as they roll their eyes. My friends would call funny and loyal

2 fun things about you? I love to collect Santa Clauses to decorate for Christmas. I also like to collect pretty journals to write in.

Anything else you would like to share? My husband has type2 diabetes and has been told his A1C is 9 and that sugar is in his urine and can cause kidney damage. I have been fighting with him for over 10 years to keep this from happening . Needless to say he didn't listen. Now he is on a high protein diet, I am doing it with him to support him. The reason I am telling you this is because I want you all to know if
    I start typing nonsense I am going into carb withdrawal. LOL

xov8joviern8.jpeg
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,430 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? A lot, I can't remember how many.

What do you like to do for fun? Photography, hiking with my dog.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Los Angeles, California. (about 65 miles north).

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lost about 8 pds.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, loaner, major animal lover.

2 fun things about you? I'm spontaneous and love to garden.

• luckydogfarm
    luckydogfarm Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think this is #4

What do you like to do for fun? Hang out with my family and friends, quilt, ride my bike.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Im about halfway between Huntsville, AL and Nashville, TN. Back in my running days, i used to run to Alabama daily.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Rehab my hip, get a knee replacement, lose 25-30 pounds.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Most people think I’m sweet. Probably because they see me as School Nurse Sheila instead of Housewife Honey, LOL.

2 fun things about you? We have a flock of 75 chickens. The white leghorns are all named Matilda and the Rhode Island Reds are all named RubyMae

Anything else you would like to share? My 42 year old daughter is having her first baby in June. This will be my first grand baby. We’re all pretty excited!
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    A lot..from SP, over to here ..and not giving up~

What do you like to do for fun?ahh..walk with dogs and horses, ride horses, train horses, a lil stuck on horses, then there's dogs to train and love too. It sounds like work to many but to me, it is fun.

What major city do you live in or near? State?Colorado Springs-Colorado

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?Continue to lose poundage, get a knee replacement and get thru rehab..have an awesome garden!!

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friend-honest and loyal/ Pet-useful,,brings food, does rub downs and baths, gives treats and oh yeah...loves us !

2 fun things about you?To make people laugh is a goal , I can join in even if they are laughing at me,,just do that healthy heart thing of laughter!! I love to try new recipes..have kids and neighbors that are usually willing taste testers.

Anything else you would like to share?Thankful for this group..supportive none judgemental and enthusiastic folks that help keep us all focused on the fact that -Life is Good and sharing is beautiful.

t1516u2orseo.jpg
  • paceka2
    paceka2 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? This would be my first on My Fitness Pal, however, I did many while on SparkPeople.

What do you like to do for fun? I enjoy my time at the gym, playing with my grandchildren, and reading

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in Champlin, Minnesota - a northern suburb of Minneapolis

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I had 5 surgeries in 2022 and have gained about 10 pounds. I would like to lose those 10 and eventually an additional 25. I also need to build up my strength. In June I had spinal fusion surgery and was unable to exercise at all for several months.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My dog Daisy loves me all the time but is frustrated with me because we haven't been able to go on our walks for a long time. My friends would say I'm a kind and compassionate person and a really great mom.

2 fun things about you? This time of year I am busy doing income taxes for my friends and family. In my younger years I was a professional dancer.

Anything else you would like to share? I am a mom of 3 girls and twin boys, a step mom of 1 boy, have 2 daughters-in-law and one really great son-in-law. These children have blessed me with 8 grandchildren - the first a girl, all the others boys!
  • JanetMH1
    JanetMH1 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? No idea...years worth!

What do you like to do for fun? jigsaw puzzles, cross-stitch

What major city do you live in or near? State? near Boise, ID

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To get a consistent fitness time back in place.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal, caring

2 fun things about you? NFL fan - Just Win Baby (Raiders) and Steel City (Steelers) are my two favorites

Anything else you would like to share? Happy Spring!
  • renaedar
    renaedar Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think 4 or 5

What do you like to do for fun? Walk and ride my Bike

What major city do you live in or near? State? live in Kansas but work in Missouri so that puts me in Kansas City

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? to Lose my 5% or more!

How would your pet or friend describe you? My cat would say that I rule the house but give a lot of massages that my cat loves.

2 fun things about you? I like Christian music and can't sing a lick to any songs they sing.

Anything else you would like to share? I am dreaming of planting my garden.
  • sunshineyourway
    sunshineyourway Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have lost count. Started with Spark People

What do you like to do for fun? Fitness, Running, Gardening, Meet up with friends.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Raleigh, NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Continue Maintaining Weight loss

How would your pet or friend describe you? Cockatoo Snuggles and on top of the World. She loves my shoulder.

2 fun things about you?

• Lopeyp
    Lopeyp Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have lost count. Started with Spark People

What do you like to do for fun? Gardening, puzzles, walks/hikes

What major city do you live in or near? State? Boston, MA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose the weight I've gained lately. Keep up my daily exercise.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Best Mom and caregiver ever.

2 fun things about you? I live on the same street I grew up on. I once participated in a Lucy Ball (I Love Lucy) dress up event to set the Guiness Book record for most people dressed as Lucy Ricardo.

Anything else you would like to share? Looking forward to getting going on the challenge.
  • HealthyBarb1
    HealthyBarb1 Posts: 2,567 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Been doing them for 10+ years.

What do you like to do for fun? Love spending time with my hubby. Enjoy wandering through gift shops & nurseries. Love the beach & doing things with my family. Enjoy sewing, being creative, decorating my home & painting Barn quilts.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Seattle Washington

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Walk outside with hubby, eat low carb & low calorie, get my weight below 180 & heading toward goal of 170.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Fun, encouraging & a good listener. My Grandpuppy thinks I make yummy treats 🐾💙

2 fun things about you? I enjoy finding the perfect gift for others & jumping in the waves at the ocean.

Anything else you would like to share? My 87 yo Mom lives with us & I am her caregiver. I am a retired RN.

• marilynWtx
    marilynWtx Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Bunches and bunches!

What do you like to do for fun? Read, walk, hike, spend time with my husband and pets.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Near Abilene, TX

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I would love to lose weight but it is work hard just to not to gain weight so I'll keep on working at healthy eating and exercise, moving everyday and every waking hour. Still trying to lose weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you? They love me, they think I'm great for food, playing, and cuddling.

2 fun things about you? Our emu, Sammy, is 27 years old now. BTW, I pet him everyday, he loves to be petted and to hang around with me. Also, I read a lot of books, like 300 books last year but usually closer to 200 a year (these numbers do include short stories).

Anything else you would like to share? Since Dec 15, I'm down two eye operations and have two more to go, on March 29 and April 12.
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,009 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I have done a lot on Spark and everyone we have had here since we moved over.

What do you like to do for fun? I love playing with my grandkids, baking, cooking, reading, doing crossword puzzles and walking outside in all kinds of weather.

What major city do you live in or near? State? live in Tega Cay, South Carolina. (a small city 15 minutes out of Charlotte, North Carolina.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Since moving down here a year ago, my entire structure and schedule have been non-existent. I want to get back to really planning and putting more structure into my exercise routines and meals.

How would your pet or friend describe you? My friends would describe me as passionate, kind, and having the patience of a saint.

2 fun things about you? I am a fitness junkie, and I'm addicted to reading psychological and true crime books.[/b]

Anything else you would like to share? Strangers always stop me to tell me they love the color of my hair and if it is natural- YES, I have never done anything to my hair (even when I was young) to change the texture, or color. All I have done is cut.
  • Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Not sure - started with the 1st fall challenge here on MFP. Have been slacking on the last few. Time to get back in gear and focus.

What do you like to do for fun? Reading, walking/hiking, crocheting

What major city do you live in or near? State? Phoenix, AZ(fun to see one of the stops on the trip is in my home state)

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? weight loss and reestablishing healthy habits

How would your pet or friend describe you? My dog Lola would describe me as finder of lost toys, keeper of dog treats, snuggler, and above all mama.

2 fun things about you? Love the color purple, walking in nature.

Anything else you would like to share? Looking forward to this challenge.
  • Yiche912
    Yiche912 Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    ~ I started around the year 2010 and probably skipped a couple of them, but once I rejoined, I never left.

What do you like to do for fun?
    ~ I love dancing and its my go-to when I feel a bit down. I also enjoy sewing, reading, walking my dog Mimi, and love the outdoors. For any reason I can go outdoors, I am there.

What major city do you live in or near? State?
    ~ I live close to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada which is the federal capital.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    ~ Just lose weight...

How would your pet or friend describe you?
    ~ Mimi would say that I am loving, dedicated and attentive to her needs.

2 fun things about you?
    ~ I am fully bilingual in French and English (read, write, oral) and working on Spanish. I love languages!
    ~ I enjoy the outdoors (as mentioned above) and find any excuse to be outside.