Introductions!

KMorasse317
KMorasse317 Posts: 14 Member
Say hello here and tell us a little about yourself :)

Replies

• KMorasse317
    My name is Kristen. Surgery Date was 2/22/23. I decided to have the gastric bypass after battling my weight for my entire adult life. Just before my 40th birthday so I am in it to be FIT at 40!!
    I am a wife, a mom, a stepmom and a soon to be grammy. I want to be healthy and strong, in body and mind.
  • jemwebb9451
    jemwebb9451 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi all. I am a 51yo female who had RnY revision on 4/3/23 to my 2010 LapBand, which had slipped a few years ago and tried to drown me with GERD.
    High Weight: 264 | Current Wt: 245
    Stage: Post-op Liquids.
  • KMorasse317
    Welcome!
  • jemwebb9451
    jemwebb9451 Posts: 5 Member
    Yay! An active group! Small, but mighty?
  • KMorasse317
    Yay! An active group! Small, but mighty?

I hope so! I started it because none of the other groups were active and I want to connect with people that are experiencing the same things I am.
  • KaibabMoxie
    KaibabMoxie Posts: 9 Member
    I'm Betsy! I'm three weeks post-op (RNY), and just began the soft foods stage of my diet. I'm 42. Anyone else have surgery around June 16th?

I've been a fat kid pretty much most of my memorable life. I'm at home in my body, and will love it, no matter what shape or size. The tipping point for me was the things that I want to do that I can't, or don't feel capable of doing. I want to hike great big trails, and walk all over Europe. I don't want to have to consider whether or not there are seats I fit in, or bathrooms that will be comfortable. I don't want to fear parking situations, or say no to any more things that sound fun for fear I don't have the strength or stamina.

My pre-op time was much longer than average. It took me two years to get to my pre-op goal, but I stuck with it, and once I got the all clear, surgery was scheduled and done in two weeks flat. No time to get nervous! Ha!

I'm super excited to see a recent group for us on MyFitnessPal, and I can't wait to get to know everyone and share all the ideas and struggles and successes and feels. Here's to being such badasses on this wild path!