Living The Lifestyle - Monday 3/27/23

Options
crewahl
crewahl Posts: 3,982 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Flintwinch (Tim) ?
Wednesday - misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: “Hey, Bubba - watch this!”

What’s the stupidest thing you’ve tried to lose weight?

Replies

• crewahl
    Options
    At one point I decided I could eat anything I wanted after 6 PM - as long as it was green. I mean, green is healthy, right?

Didn’t take long to get to pistachio ice cream and Andes mints . . . and oddly enough, I didn’t lose weight.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Speaking of green, tonight's dinner will include a big serving of asparagus. I love them, but only eat them a few times per year so that they stay a special treat.

It has been years since I've had pistachio ice cream, due to a sensitivity to dairy. I had a stick-it-in-the-freezer type ice cream maker, so I conceivably could have whipped up some kind of non-dairy substitute. But I recently got rid of it because I don't have room for it anymore in my smaller place, and anyhow it's best not to have temptation available.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    When I was in college I lived on a package of reeses peanut butter cups for lunch and a vending machine can of chef boyardee ravioli for dinner 3 nights a week. Of course I then made up for it with beer and pizza in plentiful supply on the weekends.
    I had myself convinced that this was a healthy balanced and sustainable diet at the time! Imagine my surprise when it did not work out so well for me!
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,022 Member
    Options
    The Cookie Diet. They claimed you'd lose weight with these specially prepare cookies. 50 odd years ago they were the rage. There was no onward and downward on that diet rather it was onward and upward.

I also did diet milkshakes way back there but I found I was washing down my food with them lol! Gained more as well. That's the two dumbest things I ever did.
  • crewahl
    Options
    imastar2 wrote: »
    The Cookie Diet. They claimed you'd lose weight with these specially prepare cookies. 50 odd years ago they were the rage. There was no onward and downward on that diet rather it was onward and upward.

I also did diet milkshakes way back there but I found I was washing down my food with them lol! Gained more as well. That's the two dumbest things I ever did.

LOL, Derrick - I’m picturing you swilling SlimFast and carrot cake now.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,490 Member
    Options
    Pills of some sort. Don’t recall exactly except that they raised my already dangerously high BP. Truly stupid.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,125 Member
    Options
    A 1000 calorie diet. Can you say "starvation"?