๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’–TLC Please for DID_60LBS_BY60 - Diane - In the loss of her son ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒผ

Options
Dianedoessmiles1
Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,249 Member
Dearest Spring 5% Challenge team if you are new to the 2023 Spring 5% Challenge we welcome you. This is not a normal MFP "Group" in that we do truly support and care about each other. Diane is a very long time member of the 5% Challenge going back to years when we were on Sparkpeople and here on MFP since we transferred over. She's given so much to us and is hurting so badly. Please do give her the support you'd wish for.

I'll copy and paste her post here (it's on the chat AKA Airport Lounge) and ask that you leave her a message etc. below

DID_60LBS_BY60
March 25

Our son Jon had recently relocated to Ottawa. Hubby and I were so happy and excited that he was home. In the middle of February he was diagnosed with an aggressive Cancer, hospitalized and placed in Palliative Care. On March 12th he tried to get out of his hospital bed on his own and fell backwards. The results were a concussion as well as cracked and split his skull in half and multiple internal bleeding on the brain, They attempted to save his life, the damage was inoperable, On March 21st at 11:10 pm he passed away.

Before passing we were able to spend all our time with him at the hospital. Last Sunday he was given his last rights. Yesterday he was cremated

Our hearts are breaking beyond comprehension. He was such a loving, caring son who loved laughter, who called at least 6 times a day, and texts as well, and would always end by saying " I love you"
ยซ1

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,249 Member
    Options
    sshwwycj8fsm.png

Dearest Diane, I can't begin to imagine the horrific pain you are in, but we do care hon. Please let your leaders know of anything you may like to help you during not only this challenge hon, but the many to come. All of us on the 5% challenge here now and those in the past, send you both our care and love. Please take care of yourself.
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,326 Member
    Options
    Oh Diane, I am so saddened to hear about your Son. Please know I am praying for you and your family. Take a day at a time, and know we are all here for you.
    Jeanne
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers and a hug.
  • bhsuzycue
    bhsuzycue Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    So very sorry ๐Ÿ˜ข I can't even imagine the pain and sorrow you are feeling. My prayers are with you ๐Ÿซ‚
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    Diane,
    Words are inadequate at a time like this.
    Please know that you are in my prayers
  • willow2o
    willow2o Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Diane and husband, I wish I had words to comfort you, I will pray for you. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
  • grammamary98
    grammamary98 Posts: 1,384 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Diane I am so very sorry to hear about your son. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your fami๐Ÿ™
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,262 Member
    Options
    My comments are already in the 'Phoenix Team' ~ but I echo what Diane has said ... we are here for you in any small way that we can be to support you and to hep you. Please reach out during Spring and in the Challenges to come, if there is anything that I can do for you. In the meantime, you have my deepest sympathy.

Heidi (hicim705)
    2023 Winter into Spring In-Between Challenge ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ”ฅPHOENIX TEAM๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ”ฅ
    2023 Spring 5% Challenge ~ Captain ๐Ÿ”ด๐ŸŒก๏ธRED HOTS๐ŸŒก๏ธ๐Ÿ”ด

Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges (hosted on MFP)
    Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ Bloggers!!
    Co-Leader, In Between Leader Team for the 5% Challenge
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,757 Member
    Options
    @DID_60LBS_BY60 Dear Diane, I am so sorry for your loss! I am thankful that Jon was close to you and your husband. It is good that you were able to spend time with him. May God's peace and comfort surround you and your family at this time.
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 3,962 Member
    Options
    Diane,
    Losing a child is one of the deepest sorrows a heart can know. Hold the memories of your son close to your heart and remember
    that he is always with you. Those we love don't go away, they wall beside us every day unseen,
    unheard, but always near.

You are in my prayers.
  • losemicaroline
    losemicaroline Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Diane,

I am so sorry for your loss. May your memories of Jon bring comfort and healing to you and your husband.

My deepest sympathy,
    Carol
  • Grannysue91
    Grannysue91 Posts: 4,736 Member
    Options
    Diane I am so sorry for your loss. It must be a terrible thing to lose a child. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.
    Sue
  • ForeverFitNHealthy
    ForeverFitNHealthy Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Diane, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain of losing your son! My deepest sympathy to you and your family!
    Hugs and prayers

Trina
  • DID_60LBS_BY60
    DID_60LBS_BY60 Posts: 3,590 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Wow, you're support and kindness has meant so much to me. Many of you know I usually don't post personal things .... this was different for me, I was in so much pain and needed to type it and press send ..... and you MFP family brought me so much comfort ..... I will always be grateful!

I have faith in God, he's been preparing me for this journey, we're kind of good friends, I talk to him on a daily basis ..... and at the end of my morning prayers and conversations I say ...
    Thank you for guiding me ..... Today I choose to have a good day!

The 5% Challenges have always, and this time in particular will help me in so many ways, I need to start laughing again, trotting and dancing!
    Jon knew how important it was for me to be happy and stay healthy (Hubby has Dementia) and I will!!
    He would always say "Mom are you trotting and talking to me at the same time" and I was cuz our conversations could last over an hour and I got some exercise at the same time.

In my exercise area I have images and items from each of my family members who've passed, I talk to them daily. Today it was time to ad Jon, it was really tough to do! I kissed him, put my iPod on and started my workout. I felt so much better!
    I know he was there with me, just cuz I just know ...
    In a conversation before he was in a coma ..... He said "Mom keep trotting"
    Jon was 41 years old. Did he have faults oh yah! .... will I tell you what they were oh no!๐Ÿ˜‰
    He never met a stranger!
    He would give anyone the shirt off his back. He loved to make people smile. He loved his kids more than anything and made the most out of every moment he had with them.

92ckhhuc6lfm.jpg...... t5qik0pcjht5.jpg ..... yvbpzfbiibdi.jpg

Pool time favorite (Jaxx used to be afraid of going in any pool)
    They loved going to visit farms
    Coloring "Princess" Olivia's nails (look at her face)
    Thank you for listening .....
    HUGS!!!
    Diane
  • luckydogfarm
    luckydogfarm Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Diane, i am so sorry for the loss of your son. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,332 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine the depth of pain you are experiencing. My thoughts and prayers for you and all that loved him.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,541 Member
    Options
    Diane. i am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. my daughter sends lots of hugs your way.
  • 1AncientSage
    1AncientSage Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Diane, I just now read this. I cannot even put in words how may heart hurts for you. I send you and your family love and prayers
  • vtoria3
    vtoria3 Posts: 3,141 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your son. Words seem so inadequate. I am so sorry for your pain and send love and prayers to you and your family. <3
  • Chubbynomore10
    Chubbynomore10 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Dear Diane, my heart aches for your loss. I pray that Father keeps you and your hubby in the palm of His hand and hides you in the shadow of His wings until the day that we are all together with Him. May Jesus give you the peace that passes all understanding. I love you.
    Judy