WeightNoMore Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
edited April 2023 in Social Groups
rb2uy9c4xmcn.png
Here is your Team chat room for April 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The April challenge runs for 4 weeks, from April 2 - 29. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. Let's have a Green March!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Username: DebbsSeattle
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    Start weight: 231
    PW: 181.9

I cannot believe the transformation in my body. 231# was a tight 18 pant size. 181.9 is a comfy size 10. I’m back to 2014 size and the next skinny jeans that I cannot yet wear are a 2007 size. I reserve the right to change my goal, however I am figuring that somewhere in the 125-145 range will be good for my frame. I have been 111# in my adulthood but people began asking if I was sick so I probably won’t pursue that size again. I really am pursuing health first and the aesthetics are following naturally. I like to shop but only when everything I try on fits and looks good. I’m a label *kitten* but hate spending big money on clothing, so I am really hoping to end up in the size 2 or 4 since those sizes are always well populated on the clearance racks. I would love to regain my 34/24/34 figure from my early adulthood.

At 20+% reduction in my weight I have gone from hypertensive to 115/70 consistently. Resting heart rate of 56-60. My chronic fatigue has been replaced with high energy. My sleep requirements have been reduced as well to a standard 8 hours needed each night. Arthritis, fibromyalgia, and all the other chronic aches and pains have abated with only an occasional pain event that coincides with physical labor. I have completely stopped my intake of pain relievers and muscle relaxers. My rosacea, psoriasis and eczema along with other acne type breakouts are gone. My skin, hair and nails are healthy, vibrant and radiant. My depressive state is gone, my mental clarity and acuity regained, my general temperament vastly improved. I was pre-diabetic (which I consider unmedicated diabetic) and I had a chronic cough and post nasal drip, that I have now come to realize was congestive heart failure that my Dr. missed diagnosing. That cough is gone as is any post nasal drip. I was certainly insulin resistant with fatty liver. I have basically made sugar and processed foods “against the law” in this house. A few do make the appearance but they make me feel icky when I eat them. I limit my starchy carbs, I like to limit them to 1-2 days per week. If I had to label our eating approach it would be low carb Mediterranean. We eat plenty of fish and sardines. I try to shoot for 10 cups of veg per day and include 30+ plants per week. I notice higher results when I consume 8+ cups of water each day…there seems to be extra magic at 12 cups for me. I cycle my caloric intake…anywhere from zero to 2400 calories per day. I don’t want my body “catching on” to this diet thing. My calculation shows about 2460 calories for my total daily metabolism. I also have been practicing extended fasting since January, and try to do a 16:8 intermittent fasting schedule daily. My record is 115 hours which makes a weekly “short 36” hour a piece of proverbial zero calorie cake. As well as making one meal a day 23:1 nothing but easy. I do not fast for weight loss, but rather autophagy. If you are unfamiliar, do some rabbit hole diving…it will blow your mind. I can honestly say I feel better in a fasting lifestyle than at any other point in my life. It would not be for everybody, but I will always be including it in my normal life for the rest of my life. I feel better not eating ALL the stinking time and the food budget likes it too. 50# down and no saggy baggy skin suit that shows I was fat, all thanks to the miracle of autophagy.

For April I would love to see 10 solid pounds go away, another drop in jeans size, more sunshine to encourage more outdoor activity in lieu of formal exercise, and a stronger adherence to good habits of high water, high veg, and low alcohol intake. So look for my Thursday results. I also post a weekly update that I call my “Metrics Day”. I leave it as an accountability layer, a bread crumb trail of my progress or stalls, a record of NSV’s and a launch pad for my following week of doing the hard work.. Feel free to friend me if you are curious to read them.

• GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I started doing the Fat to Fit challenges in September 2022 and since then have lost a total of 20.7 lbs.
    I enjoy these challenges and they really help to keep me motivated. Overall, since making my lifestyle change in January 2022, I have lost a total of 67.9 lbs. My goal weight is 135-140.

My goal for April is to lose at least 3 lbs and get below 160. Challenging for me since my rate of loss has slowed but I think it's doable.

Wishing everyone much success and good health!
  • ____Becks____
    ____Becks____ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi

MFP USERNAME ____Becks____
    WEIGH-IN DAY MONDAY
    STARTING WEIGHT: 182lbs

I'm back. Had a rough couple of weeks (husband redundancy) but I'm focused and back on track!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Weight No More. My name is Cyndie aka cyndiesstuff.

Hi, my name is Cyndie now,

A little about me:

I live in Michigan, have my whole life. I am married and have two adult children, both boys. My husband has two adult children, a boy and a girl. My husband and I have 4 grandchildren. A boy who is 17, a girl who is 9, a girl who is 3 and a boy who is 1. I am 56 years old and I currently weigh 165 lbs and am only 5" 1' tall. I have chronic pain, work a full time job as an office administrator, and am in menopause. I have a history of binge eating and I work on my mind set every day.

My daily goals are:

eat 1350 calories, take 7000 steps and drink 64 ounces of water.

My April goals are:

to lose 2 pounds, and to continue to work on consistency with the exercises i started in march and continue the half hour walk I take every day.

Aprils main goal is consistency. To help me with that I will listen to podcasts on the subject. I am working on what my new normal will be. Something I can live with for the rest of my life.

So here is to April!! Let's make a commitment to our team that we will do one thing every day to further ourselves to our goals and then come her to share. Life is full of baby steps team. Lets get stepping!
    slf8j1fzxmlk.jpg

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    The April Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, April 2nd. This week we're working on Nutrition Pinpoints to help us eat healthier meals. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10887843/april-week-1-group-challenge-nutrition-pinpoints/p1?new=1

Hope you will join us!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jugar
    Options
  • jugar
    Options
    Team! You have a new member coming your way - please welcome @flutterlosses :smiley:
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

a5edh53kjb0u.png
    fi1nwrowwwd0.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    6m8jzd00b8c4.png

By Pounds
    b3wb0a5p1lfy.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    5cqtakuqh0j5.png

By Pounds
    ra4md2sr5wra.png
    gep8me0oe94e.png

Team Winners
    4hql715snqjc.png
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello all...been busy with work and haven't been on the app very much the last few days.

So a little about me:

I'm in Texas, living near Houston with my husband and 3 of our 4 kids (one of my sons is married and lives about an hour away from us). I'm 46 and work full time as a pediatric home health nurse. My husband and I both train in thr martial arts as well as 2 of our "kids". I say kids in quotations because they are 23 and 19. I'm going through perimenopause :# 🥵 which has slowed down my weightloss a bit. In March I stayed around the 250 mark pretty much the whole month. This last week I have stayed at 249.

My goal for April is to get to 245.

I've started listening to the Lose 100 lbs with Corrine podcast ( language warning for those who haven't heard her). Learning a lot about the negative self talk and thoughts and how that effects my eating and how I see food. So also working on positive thinking too.

Have a great week!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

4p83da84msuz.png
    0b8f66f6pkjd.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    q6mm0hfuldwb.png

By Pounds
    e4sr01n5b5uv.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    nx7aaddiypeh.png

By Pounds
    sp8dojhb8fy2.png
    x2ipigqrjngn.png
    ife1ylw3eshf.png

Team Winners
    nwlphld66ryf.png
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Sorry for being late

Steps 26 Mar - 01 Apr
    S 595
    M 10136
    T 6946
    W 9684
    T 4701
    F 5129
    S 9089
    (daily goal 8,300)

Weigh-in-Saturday
    Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 79.3 kg/174.82 lb
    Current weight: 79.3 kg/174.82 lb
  • flutterlosses
    flutterlosses Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    HI everyone! Grateful to be here :) Can't wait to get to know you all!
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    136.7# lost in total…how many participants? We lost a whole person!
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Welcome @flutterlosses what are your goals for April?

@kelliward1I like Corinne. I was in her program for a few years. I learned alot.
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    Good morning Team!! It was a very busy weekend. I spent the afternoon with my son saturday. He is handicapped and lives on SSI. He had saved his money and had enough to buy a new tv. I helped him get it all set up. I am 5 foot tall and he is mentally handicaped so it was a lot of work. I also went bra shopping. UGG... I do not like that job. It takes forever to find the right one. Sunday we did our weekly meal planning and grocery shopping. Then we went to my 90 Year old fathers and put together a dog kennel he bought for his pup!!

Today my plan is to eat to my calorie goal, get my steps in, do my stretches AND SMILE!!

kc9p7j8e7wtw.gif
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    136.7# lost in total…how many participants? We lost a whole person!

There's 138 participants in the challenge! Almost a pound per person, on average!
  • flutterlosses
    flutterlosses Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome @flutterlosses what are your goals for April?

Thankyou! So my target originally was to get to 350lb before the end of the month. I am going on vacation on April 27th- 10 days visiting friends in Utah. So my last weigh in for the month will be the day I leave (I hope that's ok!)

I don't know if I'll get to 350lb though... today's daily weigh in got me down to 360.6lb. But I have a pair of size 26 jeans that I want to take with me to wear... they *fit* as in they button up and stuff...but they are extremely tight... I would like them to be comfortable when I go in 3 1/2 weeks!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    So my last weigh in for the month will be the day I leave (I hope that's ok!)

Yeah, not a problem! Just be sure to remind me that you'll be out so that you can be excused for the first week (or two) of May, rather than being considered missing. That'll save me from having to send out a friendly reminder message, and save you from having to read it.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun-5,311
    Mon-14,464
    Tues-18,771
    Wed-12,189
    Thurs-9,335
    Fri-8,947
    Sat-7,354
  • cyndiesstuff
    Options
    @flutterlosses Now.... whats your plan to get that done. you got your monthly goal. do at least one thing every day to further you to your goal. What will be your one thing?

I had a good day yesterday. I drank my water, got my sleep, did my stretches, took my walk, and ate to my calorie goal. It was a late night. Got my hair cut and colored. Yay!! no more grays. I reflected on the way home. There use to be a day long ago, that i would stop and get a brownie after my hair cut. Not yesterday. I now drive right past that little store. I have come a long way and still have a way to go.

So today my one thing will be to take a walk after dinner.

r5zeuwsmb388.png
This discussion has been closed.