Introduction

Options
kaspev1
kaspev1 Posts: 4 Member
Hello - I was glad to find a bariatric group that was active. LOL Hoping to see more members as time goes on. I am 5 weeks post surgery - surgery date 2/23/2023 > gastric sleeve. I'm down 23 lbs since my surgery date and 41 lbs since starting the liver-shrinking diet. I aim to get off most of my medications and have more energy.

Replies

• KMorasse317
    KMorasse317 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So glad you've joined us. My surgery date was 2/22. I am also down 23 pounds since surgery! Look forward to sharing experiences with you :smiley:
  • janinejc715
    janinejc715 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I had gastric sleeve on 23rd Feb 23,
    I’m 20lbs down since surgery and 30lbs down since LRD. Trying to navigate myself around eating the protein and drinking the water. Best decision I’ve made
  • kaspev1
    kaspev1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! How crazy is it that our surgeries were in-line!?!? Thanks to both of you for sharing. I've been feeling anxious about the weight loss. Not sure what I expected after surgery. I should be glad about a 20+ lb weight loss...right!LOL
  • KMorasse317
    KMorasse317 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    kaspev1 - I have also struggled with the weight loss. I did expect it to be a bit faster coming off. HOWEVER, I have noticed huge changes in my body shape and the way clothes fit (or are too big). I keep telling myself to stop weighing daily and focus on healthy habits (but unless someone hides the scale, I'm not sure I can do it lol). I started the 21 Day Fix last week and while I do not do every daily workout, I completed 4 last week and am shooting for 5 this week. At the beginning, I stopped seeing the scale move but after a weekend of rest, I noticed it is starting to come off again.
  • jemwebb9451
    jemwebb9451 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 2 weeks out today from RNYGB surgery. I’ve only lost 8 lbs post op, so far, but am down 20 this month, thanks to the pre-op diet (HARD!!). Since this is a revision surgery for me, I know from past experience that the metabolic crash from the calorie restriction means that your body is desperately trying to hang onto that weight. While I’m tracking the weight (I’m a biologist by education), the real success metrics are measurements, and the adherence to water, macros, activity. Which…reminds me. I need to drink, and do measurements. ;-)

At any rate, fear not. You’re doing great!