Down 40 pounds

Options
buniphuphu
buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
edited April 2023 in Social Groups
It's 16 weeks and 2 days since I started on Oz. I'm currently on the 1 mg dose. I have pretty good appetite suppression without too many side effects at this point. I get occasional bouts of diarrhea mid-week, but the nausea and stomach cramping have gone away for the most part. I went too long without eating a week or so ago, so I ate too fast and overate. This is the only time I have had any nausea and stomach cramps in a long time. I make sure that I have little bits to eat so I never reach the ravenous stage.

My current favorite snacks are Bel Vita cranberry orange breakfast biscuits. A package of 4 contains 230 calories, but the package lasts me all day at work. My body seems to react well to things that have some fat/carb/protein in them, so this is a good choice for me.

Replies

• JCFan3
    JCFan3 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, how wonderful on your weight loss. I have been injecting in my leg because I heard others say that had bad stomach cramps when injecting in their stomachs. Others have said I am doing it incorrectly and that is why I am not seeing much change. What’s your opinion on this? Where do you inject? Any problems with doing it that way? Would love to learn from your experience. I will also have to try your snack suggestion. Sounds delicious 🤤
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have always done in my stomach. The thigh is fine as an injection site. If you look on page 12 of the medication guide, it shows you that thigh and back of arms are both fine. https://www.novo-pi.com/ozempic.pdf#guide

I've always done the stomach because it is easy for me to do. I've seen opinions that side effects are better or worse depending on injection site, but since I've only done the stomach, I don't have anything to compare it to.

Though I am down 40 pounds, I have a lot more to go. I have 159 more pounds to lose to get to my goal weight. Some weeks have been really good. Other weeks, I have worked hard to lose 0.1 pound. The thing about Oz is that I feel like the work is doing some good, and I am making progress. I'm hoping that by summer I will see the 200s for the first time in I can't remember how long....19 more pounds to go!
  • JCFan3
    JCFan3 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You can do it. 200 hundreds here you come!! You got this, hang in there. All progress is good progress. I am accepting all small victories as great victories!!
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Honestly, I think the whole injection site location discussion is all anecdotal, even spurious. If you look at the manufacturer's insert that comes with your pen, it recommends rotating between locations (upper arm, stomach, thigh) so as to minimize bruising. That's it. No: "It will work better if you inject it in this location." statement.

To my way of thinking: a subcutaneous injection inside the body is just... SUBCUTANEOUSLY INSIDE THE BODY. I alternate left side of stomach, left thigh, right side of stomach, right thigh in an X pattern, per the manufacturer's recommendations. The upper arm is just too awkward, and four locations are enough, IMO.

The medicine is deposited right under the skin, in fat, not muscle. Location is irrelevant. Your capillaries will take it up and move it around to where it needs to be.

My opinion, after years of injected fertility meds (with much larger needles and a whole lot of bruising). YMMV.