4 April Sign In

Options
LazyBlondeChef
LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
edited March 2023 in Social Groups
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    The Importance of Tracking

If you're part of this challenge, then you likely already knowing how important tracking is to meeting your desired goals.
    Tracking is the cornerstone of success in this group. It requires awareness and acknowledgement.
    Even though it's very specifically one of the three rules, it's also inherent in the other two. To stay in your calorie budget, you have to track, and you only know if you intertionally exercised for 20 minutes if you are actively monitoring your movement.

So, my question today to get us thinking about just how important tracking is....

Tell us about a time when you STOPPED tracking and still had success in meeting your goals.
    Do you have one? You may! If so, were there elements of your tracking days that you were subconsciously carrying through to get you through this period?
    Or, you may be able to share a story of the stall or backslide a break from tracking led to.

Most importantly in all these discussions and through all our days, we need to remember that LIFE HAPPENS! If there's one thing I've found, guilt doesn't help most of us. So, let's learn from each other's experiences and share a bit about the role tracking plays in our day to day life.

Every day is a new opportunity to put your best foot forward!

[copied from @ashleycarole86 prior month posts]
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    I did not track this past weekend (Fri-Sun) in part because we were traveling and ate out almost all of our meals. I didn't have the mental strength to try and estimate all the different things I ate/drank. That being said, I was approximating in my head and thought I was significantly under my calorie goals because I didn't eat all that much. Well, lo and behold, I came home weighing more than when I left. Part of that could be water retention, saltiness of food, no exercise, etc., but in my mind I equate not tracking with not being accountable to myself.
  • fannydhelia
    fannydhelia Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Exercised?: ✅ Yes
    Calories?: ✅ Yes
    Tracked?: ✅ Yes

Pass days used: 1/3
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Excercise - Yes
    Calories - Yes
    Tracked - Yes

3 pass days remaining

Tracking keeps me accountable. I find that when I stop tracking it leads to revert back to a unhealthy eating lifestyle.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,060 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,918 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    4/4

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 - 21-22 - 23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31

Pass Day - 0
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,191 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I have a pretty good idea of what I can eat in order to maintain. But I really enjoy eating and cooking, and over time my portion sizes tend to increase 😱. However I'm not very good with knowing what constitutes 1400 calories per day (which is what I need to maintain in order to lose weight).

Tracking for me = accountability. It keeps me focused and holds me to a standard.

Apr 4 ✅️ ✅️ ✅️
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    yes to all 3 - no pass
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    DATE: April 4
    EXERCISED: Yes - 5,201 Exercise Steps
    CALORIES: Yes
    TRACKED: Yes
    (0 Pass Days used)
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,614 Member
    Options
    4/4
    Exercise yes
    Caleries yes
    Logged yes
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    ✅️✅️✅️
    0/3 pass days used
    Strength and walk 1 mile 3mph pace
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 30 kettlebell strength
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    the tracker is not working for me today - and I can not get into other areas of MFP (on my windows pc) - will try to back track tomorrow. however, i am eating meals that are within my ranges and paper tracking instead.

yes x3, 20m intermittent movement
    0/3 pass days used

my goal is to understand how much is enough - and use the tracker when I need to understand a new2me food/recipe... when I am stable and on a roll, I do pretty well with it as an approach.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    I have been away from the UAC discipline for quite a while, and this month I am focusing on re-establishing the core habits.
    Today:
    C:✅ E✅: 3.8K steps (30 minute walk outside) T:✅
    Month-long Score (3x✅=💖 for that day) vs Pass ( 😕 ) record.
    💖-💖-💖-💖-5-6-7-8-9-10
    11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20
    21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30
    My April goal here is to log in every day, and wind up a champion. Everything that arises from those choices and actions will be a bonus. Two pre-planned passes are on the calendar (Easter Family Dinner, and our 35th anniversary dinner on April 30)
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 5 minutes stairs, 5 minutes rowing, 20 minutes swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

Passdays used 0