Living The Lifestyle - Monday 4/10/23

Options
crewahl
crewahl Posts: 3,982 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Flintwinch (Tim) ?
Wednesday - misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Holiday indulgences

What (if anything) did you choose to indulge in over the holiday weekend? What did you do to manage its impact on your weight management efforts? Any regrets on your choice?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    We are plowing through all of the various Passover "treats" that we buy for this time of year. It's funny, but the holiday is "only" 8 days, and my wife stocks up like we're entering the zombie apocalypse and need to be ready to survive for weeks without ever seeing a grocery store!

To be fair, though, I do enjoy many of the once-a-year items that we get, like macaroons, jelly fruit slices, raspberry chocolate bars, all of the special cakes, etc. I even enjoy the matzo, although my GI track isn't a big fan!

I'm trying to keep up with my exercise at least, to try to minimize the damage to the extent possible!
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    We went low-point on our Easter dinner, so I had to over-indulge in terms of volume rather than calories. Lots of grilled chicken breast, corn, stovetop stuffing, and a large spinach salad.

Like Steve, I did keep up my exercise, and ended the day within the healthy eating range.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,301 Member
    Options
    I ate some mini cream puffs. Delicious. Done now.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    There was chocolate (and there will be more chocolate as the week progresses). I have minor regrets about buying so much, but in the end it's just a blip on a long chart. At least I have been back to the gym.