WeightNoMore Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @kelliward1 That is great insight! thanks for sharing.

I was on plan yesterday. I would really like to see a loss this week but I am not getting my hopes up. I have been working on my mindset as well. It is challenging to change your mind when you have been thinking one way most of your adult life. It can be done, it takes time, practice, and patience.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I have been working on my mindset as well. It is challenging to change your mind when you have been thinking one way most of your adult life. It can be done, it takes time, practice, and patience.

I've found that mindset shifts are so much harder than habitual ones. It's tough to not think you've failed when you lose control for a single day, even if you've lost a bunch of weight already and you know you have the capacity to do more.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good morning, WNM! I've had some bronchitis so my routine is all messed up these last two weeks. Last week, my breathing wasn't good enough to go to Aqua Fitness at all. This week, I went Monday but not yesterday.

My pulmonologist started me on prednisone to help my lungs open up and to hopefully keep me out of the hospital. I hate the stuff though. It keeps me breathing, so it is a necessary evil, but it is bad for my joints, makes my skin burn on my hands, keeps me awake at night, makes my hands shake, gives me muscle cramps, and makes me ravenously hungry...when I take steroids, my hunger is NEVER satiated no matter what or how much I eat. I am worried about how this is going to interact with the Ozempic that I take which suppresses hunger by slowing down digestion and keeping you fill longer. I guess I'll see. For now, I am sticking with my normal eating schedule with the exception of adding in Vitamin Water to help increase my electrolytes to stave off some of the muscle cramps.
  • OllieAndEd2021
    OllieAndEd2021 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for being so late posting my steps for last week!

OllieAndEd2021 Steps 04/02 - 04/08

Sun - 5448
    Mon - 9990
    Tues - 9286
    Wed - 10,088
    Thurs - 12,841
    Fri - 9281
    Sat - 22,409

Total = 79,343
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Just started my Ozempic. I was terrified as it is a needle. I made my husband do it. He got a good laugh out of it. Hopefully this helps seeing I am becoming pre diabetic. I have been getting 10,000 steps so far every day which is good. I really want nachos for dinner tonight but I may just have a tuna sandwich. It is really hot her today and will be the same tomorrow, then the weather goes back to 60 and rainy next week.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Stimpy56
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    PW: 244.0
    CW: 245.5

Too much eating for Easter and not enough gym time. This week was crazy at work and it shows.
    Back at it next week. :neutral:
  • DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Username: DebbsSeattle
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    Start weight: 231
    PW: 185.4
    CW: 185.3

What a 2 week tour of vacation hell. Owning vacation properties is seriously not for the faint of heart. They are forced labor camps where everything cost money and takes twice as long as you figure. I have come up with 182 ways to knock off my spouse and taken up to two unnecessary daily drives to sneak smokes because he is stressing me out beyond belief. Dieting is not happening. It is taking everything I have not to just say “F” it all day long and pursue pure unabashed alcoholism. Part of our trip was to receive shipments for the new house. One shipment will not be here Apr 4-12 but now April 20. We MUST return home so Mr. has to make another trip to receive the shipment next week…1,000 miles round trip for someone else’s delay makes me mad mad mad. With all that said, I’m pleased to accept a 0.1# loss. I’m shocked that my mental habits instantly resumed to “vacation” mode upon arrival here. My brain said “where is the wine” because there has always been a “no limit” rule on wine consumption while here in Montana. It (my brain) has also missed our burger lunches out and steak and cocktails out on Fri/Sat nights. I think this 2 week diet break may be good for me but I cannot wait to make the scale drop again by getting home and back to it all.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    5uuybojbn21q.png

• BodyTalking
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Today I challenge everyone to move a little more. Our bodies are made to move. So when you feel like your done. Just do 5 more minutes. It's just 5 minutes. We can do 5 minutes!!

On Wednesday evening, I did a few each of several stretches and abs exercises.
    I'd had pains in my belly area and stopped doing the exercises for a couple of weeks. I don't know if it was digestive problems but it was pretty uncomfortable at times.
    Seems to be ok now.
    Yesterday, I bought some heavier hand-weights as the lighter ones didn't seem enough anymore. I can increase by using both sets when I'm ready. I used them in the evening.

Since doing practically nothing over the Easter weekend and having been less active because of the pains, I am so aware of how quickly my body got stiff and weak and my bones got crunchy. So, I'm flexing, stretching and strengthening and will have to stay on top of it going forward because I know it'll only get tougher the older I get.

You are absolutely right, Cyndie, we are made to move!

0x6ct69gx2ps.jpg

Lol, when I was taking that photo, I realised just how heavy 3 kilos is and how much excess I'm carrying. Wow! To lose 3 or 4 times what I'm holding, is a heck of a lot of weight! And, it's going to take a heck of a lot of hard work!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    ~ Step Challenge Results ~
    APRIL WEEK ONE
    Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 7 (-1 from last week)
    Total Steps: 428,271
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 61,181
    The Leaderboard -

@JacquelineRochelle 90,097 total | 12,871 average
    @OllieandEd2021 - 79,344 total | 11,335 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @ljdanny - 77, 444 total | 11,063 average
    @9Harvey - 73,585 total | 10,512 average - Most Consistent!!!
    @flutterlosses - 64,297 total | 9,185 average
    @BodyTalking - 43,507 total | 6,215 average
    @melaniedscott - 36,240 total | 5,177 average

All of our bolded steppers set a goal and met it, based on their average steps per day!

It looks like we lost three steppers in the last week and gained one. Four of us increased our steps for the week by at least 1000! And @9Harvey by about 15,000 AND is STILL most consistent!

Awesome start to April!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @kelliward1 That is great insight! thanks for sharing.

I was on plan yesterday. I would really like to see a loss this week but I am not getting my hopes up. I have been working on my mindset as well. It is challenging to change your mind when you have been thinking one way most of your adult life. It can be done, it takes time, practice, and patience.

Changing mindset is one of the things I taught for several years--4, directly and another 10, intermittent and indirectly. The key is to identify the thinking that results in undesirable outcomes and consciously replace it with thoughts will increase desirable outcomes. It is generally referred to cognitive behavioral intervention and is indirectly part of any motivational program out there. It is used in a lot of substance abuse and mental health care treatment plans.

It is both easier and harder than it sounds. Maybe I need to use some of what I know on myself!
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm - I need to postpone my Friday weigh-in to Saturday for this week. I don't have access to my scale today. Thanks!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    GinLee61 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm - I need to postpone my Friday weigh-in to Saturday for this week. I don't have access to my scale today. Thanks!

Not a problem - hope you're having a good day!
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    g03ge1h3urjz.jpg
    I have a plan!
    If anyone wants to copy it or use it for inspiration, go ahead.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 199.8
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    abp1025
    Friday Weigh in

PW: 192.8 lbs
    CW: 192 lbs
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    GinLee61
    Saturday weigh-in

PW: 161
    CW: 160.8

I'll take it. Even a small loss is better than none.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Rachelrjh
    Cw:164.2 pounds

I’ve been doing awful with weight loss and my diet here lately. Life is stressful and Ive been eating my emotions.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 208.8
    Cw- 211.6
This discussion has been closed.