• yes
    • yes
    • yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    Taking a pass day today as it is my birthday and I am giving myself one day!

f0g98oqkc9df.jpeg

Wow! @jamcnewman You Didn’t even take a Pass Day on your birthday!!! You are amazing!! I hope your day was FANTASTIC 💕🌸🎉💐
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    IsraaQ wrote: »
    I ate 1469 out of 1400 kcals and did not exercise so off to a bad start I guess 😅 will try again tomorrow

Not a bad day at all! I bet you can find 69 calories to trim or walk 2/3 of a mile to burn off the extra 69 calories tomorrow. Welcome aboard!

My best encouragement: feeling trim will feel even better than you remember! Really!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    April 14
    Great day ✅✅✅
    Lowest weigh in since Jan 31.
    1.1 lbs to go to my healthy BMI.

Eating three meals, no snacks is now a habit.
    And I got my steps back to 10K per day.

Working in Rounds of 9 days is also working well. I actually draw empty stars on my daily weigh in sheet & fill them in the next morning if my calories were under, steps 10K, no snacks & tracked all. They are surprisingly encouraging.

Today was the beginning in of my 4th week
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,727 Member
    Options
    14/04/2023

Exercise – yes
    Tracked – yes
    Calories – yes
    1 pass day so far.

Happy Birthday @jamcnewman 🎉

• calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    3/14

Exercise: 160 min
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 1
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Taking a pass day today as it is my birthday and I am giving myself one day!

f0g98oqkc9df.jpeg

Happy Birthday!!
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I ate 1469 out of 1400 kcals and did not exercise so off to a bad start I guess 😅 will try again tomorrow

Only 69 over is really good. Don't beat yourself up over it. Every day is a fresh start!
  • Yukizz
    Yukizz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    DATE: April 14
    EXERCISED: Yes (61 minutes stationary bike, 60 min Yoga, 50 min dancing)
    CALORIES: Yes (under)
    TRACKED: Yes
    Pass Days used: 1
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    3 of 3 accomplished
    And 3 of 3 used. :(
    But I'm still trying
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    I have a few days to catch up on, as I have not had my morning check in time

Weds 12
    I was worried I might be getting sick - the kids have a slight cold - so slept in
    Exercise: Bike ride with my 7 year old. He's using pedals now! I don't know how much it was really exercise - a real effort to bike so slow - but we went for probably 40 minutes so I'm counting it.
    Tracking:: Planned the day, followed the plan, even with biking to the coffee shop with kiddo
    Calories: Under!

Thurs 13
    Had to get up early and drive to the city office for work
    Exercise: None. I did take the long way from the parking lot to the office, which gave me 10 minutes of walking in the day instead of 5.
    Tracking: Planned the day, packed the food, ate the food I packed
    Calories: Under!

Fri 14
    Decided to sleep in
    Exercise: 10 minutes stretching, 30 minutes walk (in the HEAT!)
    Tracking: Planned the day, but my wife (the cook) changed dinner plans to takeout sushi last minute. I didn't bother changing my tracking. And I know I ate too much of the sushi.
    Calories: Over!

I did go back and read from the last few days. @deskjockey925 I am going to go think about my priorities right now

@IsraaQ Welcome! I am 42 with 2 kids, so right there with you. Hard to fit it all in.
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    @deskjockey925 I just did a little writing exercise about it. I can't narrow it down to 3! And I can clearly see that when I am not doing one priority, it's usually because I am doing another priority! How to balance...
    I don't think the exercise works for me, because I just can't narrow the priorities down enough.
    Maybe I could pick one to focus on for a week or a month or even a season? Or I could set a number of hours to focus on each one in a day/week/month/season? That's an interesting idea... like what percentage of my non-work discretionary time should be taken up by each thing?
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Happy Bithday @jamcnewman, wishing you the best in the coming year 🎈🎁

Apr 14 Didn't stick to the calorie budget today. Was going to go over due to drinking cranberry juice for a UTI so I used it as an excuse to have an excessive treat. The sad part is I oredered 2, so I'll see how I handle that.
  • IsraaQ
    IsraaQ Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1 for me.. I'm 41 mum of 2 kids and ready to lose weight.. let's hear some encouragement 🙏🏻🙂

Hello @IsraaQ, welcome. This is a very supportive and encouraging group. Some people here are maintaining while others are on the same journey as you.

What we have all discovered is that these 3 rules works whether you are maintaining or losing.
    1. Do an exercise of at least 20 minutes a day (you spread it out 5mins here, 5minutes there). As time goes on, you will find yourself doing more and enjoying it.
    2. Stay within your calorie budget for the day
    3. Keep track of everything you ate and drank

Do not give up on yourself. Consistency will pay off for you and later for your kids as they watch you. That is my experience.

Thank you so much for the encouragement 🙏🏻
  • IsraaQ
    Options
    Today is day 1 for me.. I'm 41 mum of 2 kids and ready to lose weight.. let's hear some encouragement 🙏🏻🙂

Welcome @IsraaQ — you’ve made a great decision in joining us! 🥰

Thank you so much I'm so scared to mess up but I have to start and really try at some point
  • IsraaQ
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'm humbled by your kind words really.. I have a question.. I don't know how to add any of you as friends? Is it because I'm using my phone you think?
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,800 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅

busy day off yesterday running, shopping, chores, tennis. My priorities changed after the first time my factory closed. I realized a job is just a job in most cases. It's not your life. You can enjoy it, but it should never be prioritized over important health or family considerations. Because remember when the bottom line happens, they certainly will never choose the worker first.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'm humbled by your kind words really.. I have a question.. I don't know how to add any of you as friends? Is it because I'm using my phone you think?

Good morning IsraaQ & welcome. To add a friend, on my Android and older version of MFP, I hit the 3 horizontal lines on the bottom right with the word 'More' underneath. Then press 'Friends' on the menu. Once in that menu, I have a little person icon with a plus sign on the top right, tap that and then select 'Email' and type in the name of the pal you would like to friend-request and press the little arrow on the top right.

I've just sent you a request as I worked through the instructions. :smile:

Hope that helps!
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise
    ❌ Calories -
    ❌ Tracking -

Closed all of my Apple Watch rings (move, exercise, stand)
    3 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-P-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14

Happy, happy birthday Julie ( @jamcnewman )!!! Wishing you a wonderful year ahead!