Let's do this!

Options
felinasbeads
felinasbeads Posts: 75 Member
I'm not sure who else will join this group, but I like a challenge. I just never finish them. I reached a low point today. I ran/walked a marathon in 2015. Now, 8 years later, I couldn't walk more than .6 of a mile on my lunch break. My ankles and feet and hips and back hurt. I've reached 299 pounds and that's a weight gain over about 50 pounds since just September. My body has started to retain water, I can't reach my feet, and I'm overall just unhealthy, unhappy and disgusted with myself. I'm determined to get on my treadmill and finish my mile tonight. I haven't eaten well today, but the next time I eat, I plan to make it a healthy option. So here's to Day 1! Lets do this! I didn't quit smoking to die by neglect of my personal health in other ways!!

Replies

• forest98520
    forest98520 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You got this!! Finish that mile!!!!!
  • capnemomac
    capnemomac Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Walking is awesome no matter how slow you go or how long it takes you! Glad to hear you have a plan. How is it going?
  • JanineLP1987
    JanineLP1987 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey!! A little bit extra everyday and you'll be walking without realising! I've started walking this week and I am on day 3 of MFP plan to 11,000. Keep going!! You can do it!
  • felinasbeads
    felinasbeads Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did do the mile yesterday. The day before I walked over to grab a salad on my lunch break so that took up my half hour. But yesterday I was determined to push it. And by slowing my pace, it was less painful. I used to look strangely at my phone when a friend of mine would say that it hurt her to go for a walk. Now I understand why. Just adding 45 pounds since September has debilitated my body to a point I didn't realize I could get to. SO FAST too. Now I'm trying so hard to stay on track. The real test will be while I'm out this weekend and will have to prepare my foods and snacks instead of eating the foods I would normally. I've got this. We've got this!