Rainy days, RingFit, and other questions. What to do?

Options
Hi. I'm new to this group, but this is my 2nd? attempt at c25k. It's been years since I last tried it. I have a niece who has gotten back into running and it's making me want to try again. I have some questions, though. So, it seems like the rainy season has started early this year here in SWFL and I'm not sure what to do. I used to have a treadmill, but that was before we moved from a different state last year. Now, I'm not sure what to do. Do I run in the rain? If so, how do you keep your feet dry(ish?) or is it a hard pass on running when that happens? Is it okay to do other exercises either on the c25k days or rest days? I have the RingFit Adventure exercise game that I would like to still be able to do. I keep seeing to invest in good shoes, but what do you recommend for someone who can't afford that kind of thing? Would good insoles work? Sorry if that sounds really dumb, but with all the bills racking up, it's getting harder. Are there any exercises you'd recommend to help strengthen knees? Also, how do you keep yourself cool when it's really hot out? If/when I finally start this, I'm going to focus more on stamina instead of speed. I just want to be able to run for once in my life. One of my gym teachers used to call me and a few others the turtle gang which I didn’t mind. 🐢 I've always had a hard time breathing when I ran for more than a minute. Trying to change that. Sorry for the rambling and all the questions, but I haven't ran outside like this since probably high school which was 20 years ago. 😭 God, I'm old. 😩👩‍🦳 Any advice will be much appreciated. If stats help at all, I'm 39, 4'11", and 228.8lbs.

Answers