18 April Sign In

Options
LazyBlondeChef
LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Let’s talk lunch! Specifically when you know your dinner is going to be high calorie/high fat and won’t have control over it.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    What a great opener Mary! I’ll be eager to read the responses. @bookieNJ

When I know that dinner will probably be higher calorie and I can’t mitigate that by making or bringing a dish to improve the health outcomes, I do the following:

1. Have high fibre and/or high protein breakfast and lunch.
    2. Drink lots of water throughout the day.
    3. Be certain to get my exercise in during the day and before dinner time hits.
    4. Eat a generous veggie snack (e.g., carrot sticks and cucumber slices with some homemade non fat Greek yogurt dip, etc) before heading to dinner.
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have finally gotten to a place where Breakfast and Lunch are about the same every work day so I have plenty of room for what ever dinner surprise I have. Took me a long time to find stuff that holds me , but I also think the "mind" is better right now.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
    Awesome topic, look forward to responses. I will skip lunch if hubby or I are making a high calorie dinner, or I'll just eat a protien shake or some corn thins and tuna. Xo
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No. Planned rest day
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    DATE: April 18
    EXERCISED: YES - 3,294 Steps
    CALORIES: NO (0ver - so hungry again)
    TRACKED: YES
    (7 Pass Days Used)
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    April 18, 2023

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (11 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (11 days)

Pass day 3/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    4/18
    Exercise: 160 minutes
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 1
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Tuesday April 18

✅✅✅
    Exercise was weightlifting and walking
    Tracked it all and under base calories.

3 pass days used.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,730 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    18/04/2023

Exercise – yes
    Tracked – yes
    Calories – yes
    1 pass day so far.

If I’m eating out just one meal – ie dinner – I don’t stress about it too much. I eat my usual breakfast and lunch then have a snack before going out so that I don’t approach the meal feeling too hungry. Often my “snack” will be yogurt and fruit – I have a yogurt every day for the calcium – and the fruit makes it dessert so I don’t have to have dessert when out.

Edited to add - you do have some control over what you actually eat. When in a restaurant you can order something sensible and leave some on the plate. If you're worried about eating at a friends, you can ask for small portions, decline sauces, etc.
    You are not a dustbin (trash can?), you do not have to eat everything put in front of you. Respect your body.
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    Congratulations on getting three yeses go to:
    @donna25trinity, @victorious55, @MadisonMolly2017,
    @calvin20874,
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    @CarolAnnM2 – well done for tracking, are you trying to be too strict with your calories?
    Can you use averaging over the week to help you with those “hungry” days?
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    @jmu1965, I see you had a planned rest day – can you do less intense exercise on a rest day? Perhaps a walk? I don’t suppose you just literally sit all day.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Date: 4/18

Exercised?: 48 minutes aerobics
    Calories?: Y
    Tracked?: Y

Pass Days Used - 3/3
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    Walking, yoga and core

This is a great topic. I typically don't start eating until 11 am and eat a series of mini meals thereafter until dinner. I find that even with an event in the evening, I need to stick with my normal food plan. I ultimately do better this way and make wiser choices when I am not overly hungry.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Apr 18 Logged today but over and no exercise.

I seem to save higher calorie suppers for weekends and am able to eat less throughout the day. I'm not sure why I can manage it on the weekend but not during the working weekday - perhaps because I'm more tired throughout the week and not as effective at exercising self control? I've also noticed that food is a comfort to me and when I'm particularly bored or a bit stressed at work, I will start looking for what my snack is. I've been trying to chew some gum or make a cup of herbal tea in an effort to retrain my comfort-seeking behaviour. Yesterday I put some earbuds in and listened to music while working; that was effective and I was able to burn through a monotonous task relatively quickly. (Of course I thought of this after I ate 2 portions of nuts instead of the 1 I had planned on...)
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @donna25trinity I made those meatballs from Skinnytaste that you mentioned on Apr 11. They were relatively quick to make using your tip of browning them in the oven. I doubled the recipe and the size of the meatballs (1/4 cup size meatballs). I also did half lean beef & half extra lean beef as I really dislike the flavour of ground turkey. It was a good meal and something different again; thanks for sharing the recipe!
  • fannydhelia
    fannydhelia Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Exercised?: ✅ Yes
    Calories?: ✅ Yes
    Tracked?: ✅ Yes

Pass days used: 3/3
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - 20 minute walk around the airport
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all of my Apple Watch rings (move, exercise, stand)
    3 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-P-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-P-16-17-18

Definitely try to pre-log dinner if I can to get a general outline of what calories I have to play with the rest of the day. Sometimes I just give in and say it's one day and not to worry about it. Other times, I'll either do an OMAD or a fairly light lunch (salad).

I had the opposite problem on the 18th which was we did not get dinner at all and lunch was basically a Kind bar and whatever the airlines give you for snack. When we got to our destination I ended up eating an apple, a homemade hot cross bun and a slice of sourdough cranberry walnut bread (also homemade). I was absolutely sure that I was soooooo far under calories for the day. As I plugged all the food into my dairy, I was shocked that I was under calories, but not by very much.

Sometime we talk about body dysmorphia, but I think I have calorie/food dysmorphia.