April 20, Day 4

Options
capnemomac
capnemomac Posts: 17 Member
Short post today - got busy :#

Did not have time during the work day to do the treadmill yesterday so I took a walk in the neighborhood with my kid instead. I will count that as a partial win!

The other thing I'm quite happy about is that I tracked all my food. It felt good to stay on plan. I even thought about having a snack after dinner and decided against it... which is nice to practice self control.

I have not weighed in since Sunday. Tempted to weigh myself but I know I should wait until the end of the week. How do other people feel about this? I find that if I weigh myself too often it's counterproductive!

Replies

• forest98520
    forest98520 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on self control!!! Yesterday I didn't calculate any of my food but I know I didn't do horrible. As far as weighing myself, I would do it every day, I have issues lol. So I actually a couple of weeks ago put my scale away. I have to go get it to weigh in so that has helped me a lot to stay away from it. I still think about it every morning but I don't do it as often.
  • felinasbeads
    felinasbeads Posts: 75 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Any time of movement is better than moving the laundry off the couch to sit on it. Oh, that's just me??

Don't be yourself for movement, ever. :)

About the weighing in part, I'm an everyday-first-thing-in-the-morning-before-my-shower weigh-er. It helps keep me accountable through the day, and isn't as bad of a let down as once a week would be. It's weird, but I feel better when I watch the number go down, or up, in increments, rather than feeling disappointed by the same increase/decrease that I would see as a total on the weekend. Does that make sense?
  • capnemomac
    capnemomac Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Makes total sense! I think that best time for weighing in probably comes down to personality and what you want to see. Just so long as you don’t fool yourself into not taking account of your health in some way, you’re good!