21 April Sign In

Options
LazyBlondeChef
LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Let's talk about work out routines.... What does your week look like? How do you ensure that you do not get bored and stay engaged and motivated? Xo
  • IsraaQ
    IsraaQ Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Happy Eid whoever is celebrating today 😌
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Let's talk about work out routines.... What does your week look like? How do you ensure that you do not get bored and stay engaged and motivated? Xo

@donna25trinity Thank you for the intro post. I was signed up for this and got to this late. This is a great topic. Thank you!

• StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Boy - good question for me - better is what do you do when you fall off the wagon and cannot seem to get going again. I usually start back walking. Then add little stuff. I am in a tough spot right now as I am awaiting my second shoulder replacement. Pain prohibits some of my activity. So for now - I am going to focus on the walking - even when I really don't want to do it. I need a buddy!!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    My workout routine is boring :) but it's a must do for me to get my steps in. I getup around 5:15 each morning and walk on the treadmill for a minimum of 30 to 45 minutes M-F. Weekends I'm usually busy enough to get the steps in and try to work in some stretching.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    Boy - good question for me - better is what do you do when you fall off the wagon and cannot seem to get going again. I usually start back walking. Then add little stuff. I am in a tough spot right now as I am awaiting my second shoulder replacement. Pain prohibits some of my activity. So for now - I am going to focus on the walking - even when I really don't want to do it. I need a buddy!!

Do you happen to have a fitbit? I could be a virtual walking buddy. (it would keep me walking too)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    I just found a book called "Fitness Hacks for Over 50" by K. Aleisha Fetters It has lots of little things (divided into a minimum of Basic Types, such a flexibility, balance, strength, endurance) to pick a choose from. I am looking to get a personal copy.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,109 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    My workout routine is boring :) but it's a must do for me to get my steps in. I getup around 5:15 each morning and walk on the treadmill for a minimum of 30 to 45 minutes M-F. Weekends I'm usually busy enough to get the steps in and try to work in some stretching.

You may think it boring @itladyee — I find it inspiring! Dedication 🌟
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    IsraaQ wrote: »
    Happy Eid whoever is celebrating today 😌

Wishing happiness and blessing to all who celebrate! 🥰 @IsraaQ
    tmhdb4vkh8df.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅

2️⃣ pass days left

• deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,621 Member
    Options
    Workout Routine
    Leisure walk with 10min stretch or yoga in the mornings.
    30 Min Cardio Video afterwork.
    2-10 Min ST during the day or before bed

Yes x 3 today o:)
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,144 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    It's a pass day for me. Away for weekend.
    1 of 3 pass days used.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,627 Member
    Options
    4/21
    Caleries yes
    Exersised yes
    Logged-yes
  • jamcnewman
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Such a great opener Donna — thank you and thanks to everyone who has or will respond ☺️ @donna25trinity

My work out week looks different depending on the season. On Sunday we will hit the six month “anniversary” of icy, snowy conditions. I hope that the blizzard this past week is our last of the “winter” season. Right now we have abundant wet heavy snow making the clearing, even of the car, a workout in itself. 😵‍💫

I do weight lifting/training twice a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) at the gym at my doctor’s where I have the support of a physiologist to help with adaptations.

Normally, I also do two long walks a week on the treadmill when it is snowy/icy/slippery outside. I keep myself “amused” on the “dreadmill” by listening to audiobooks and/or watching YouTube walking videos where I can feel like I am somewhere sunny and warm. ☀️🏖️🌊 Hawaii oceanside walks are my favourite. For the past six weeks I have done less of this because of some persistent pain issues. Instead, I have been doing numerous shorter walks each day and have added yoga, core, and Pilates to my workout times.

I also swim and water jog, which I love as the fused ankle means no more running or jumping on land. I have been going less than once a week in the past few months as my schedule and the very full event schedule at the large indoor pool complex have not been compatible.

I cannot wait until the outdoor pools open for the season as I use them to swim lengths and water jog 4-6 times a week. In addition, I do longer and faster outdoor walks when we have warmer (than freezing) weather and no ice on the ground. The pups love these long walks. I want to get back to golfing and biking again this summer, and some of the conditioning in the gym is to help prepare for this. Finally, I started to amend soil and landscape quite a large front and back yard at our home two years ago and hauling soil, compost, mulch, and water have kept me very physically active, so I look forward to that again this summer.

I use an Apple Watch and it really helps me with motivation and engagement. When I first got it I took advantage of the free 3 month access to Apple Fitness. I tried out lots of different workouts and found I really enjoyed some of them! Once the three months was up it was summer and outdoor walking, swimming, and gardening kept me very busy.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes

My routine is pretty consistent. Walking every morning followed by a short yoga workout. I aim to do a weight workout twice a week and a long distance walk on weekends. I am also working on core workouts and generally fit in bits and pieces of exercise when possible. I consistently remind myself of the 'why' to keep myself motivated.
  • vgulyash
    vgulyash Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    DATE: April 21
    EXERCISED: YES - 3,158 Steps
    CALORIES; YES
    TRACKED: YES
    (7 Pass Days Used)
  • jamcnewman
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Friday April 21
    ✅✅✅

My Apple Watch sent a message saying I’d need to do a 30 minute workout for an Earth Day Badge. So I did an Apple Fitness Mixed Cardio workout. Then realized that Earth Day is tomorrow (April 22) 🙄🤦‍♀️

Tracked it all and under base (1400). I start a new medication tonight which must be taken on an empty stomach (they suggest 4 hours after eating). I think I have officially found a way to stop nighttime snacking. 😜🥳

3 pass days used
  • IsraaQ
    IsraaQ Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tracked everything, stayed within my calories but didn't work out