WeightNoMore Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 295 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hello WNM, excited to be part of the team and looking forward to May!

I am a mom of 2 and have been on My Fitness Pal since 2011 when I did my "Shedding for the Wedding" and got down to 158 lbs. Both pregnancies brought me into the 230s and though I lost the weight after my first baby in 2014, life and stress led me to gain and lose weight, getting into the 180s a few times and then yoyoing back up. The baby weight came off from baby number 2 but I have been sitting in the 205-212 range since then. Time to take action!
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Very excited to join this team!

I’m a 44 years old Validation Engineering Team Manager in a Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturer in the Netherlands. No kids (though my 15 month old border collie does usually act like one :D ) and in a LDR so living alone with my dog. I used to be a competitive (not pro) mountain biker until my late 30s. I still bike, but only when the weather is good (which isn’t very often here in NL :p ). Over the last 2-3 years I gained about 15 kg (~33 lbs) and felt horrible.

Which is why I joined MFP late February and started tracking my food. I joined a programme that has me on a low carb, high protein diet (and HIIT resistance workouts 3 times a week + cardio 2-3 times a week) and as I’m not used to eating large portions (just had bad snack habits and low food quality combined with no exercise whatsoever) I have consistently eaten 500-700 below calorie goal over the past 2 months. Result, losing too much weight too fast and having very little energy now.

So I guess in addition to weight loss (goal ~ 130 lbs / 59kg) my goal for now will be slowing down my weight loss and decrease my calorie deficit.

MFP USER NAME GarysGirl78
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY Monday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT 150.5 lbs (68.3kg) - 24APR2023
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT(highest weight ever)  173.8 lbs (78.8kg) - 28FEB2023
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,263 Member
    Options
    Another new member joining your team for May... Please welcome @dwalms :)
  • ssssseika
    ssssseika Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Username: ssssseika
    Weigh-In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 155.6
    CW: 158
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,263 Member
    Options
    Another new member joining you for May... Please welcome @2BFitgranny :)
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    ~ Step Challenge Results ~
    APRIL WEEK THREE
    Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 7 ( -.35 from last week)
    Total Steps: 391,849 (-13.71% from last week)
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 53,313
    The Leaderboard -

@JacquelineRochelle 84,316 total | 12,045 average
    @OllieandEd2021 - 76,930 total | 10,990 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @9Harvey - 65,671 total | 9,382 average
    @ljdanny - 64,196 total | 9,171 average - Most Consistent!!!
    @tadoore 56,489 - total | 8,070 average
    @BodyTalking - 44,247 total | 6,321 average
    @melaniedscott - 19,582 total | 2,797 average

All of our bolded steppers set a goal and met it, based on their average steps per day!

Our steps were a bit lower this week. Time to step up!

Nice walking!! Keep it up!

• GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all our new team mates!
  • dwalms
    dwalms Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite can not wait to get started with a new challenge to keep losing! :)
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I was told to introduce myself here since the May chat rooms isn't ready yet. A little about me: Washington, DC resident (hence my nickname DCRESIDER) and a recent early retiree at 53 as of January of this year. While I've been enjoying my downtime, it seems menopause and the sedentary lifestyle has affected my weight so it's time to reboot. I can't wait for this challenge and this group accountability.

Current exercise: 2-3x a week HITT exercises but not consistent with my workouts, so would like to do more. I used to run and strength train too, and would like to start that up again.

Diet: I'm a foodie and I like my wine but have recently limited my alcohol intake, increased water, and increased by protein intake, and started to track my macros.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Pw 197.4
    Cw 194.4
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    My ozempic is working. Today is the first day since Saturday that I have not sat on the toilet all day. I took my 3rd dose today but I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen again, if that's the case then I'm not going to take it anymore and my dr will have to come up with a new plan. I am not going to have a lot of steps this week for the challenge because I couldn't walk very far.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Stimpy56
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    PW: 246
    CW: 246

No gain or loss, still out with knee pain but getting better.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day: Friday
    SW: 172.1
    PW 169.7
    CW 167.1
    Down 2.6 lbs
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I worked and I was consistent. Thats what it takes. Movement, calories in range, and consistency. That is my plan for the weekend. I cannot treat the weekends like the weekdays, because they are not. I am trying to create a pattern on the weekends that supports being on plan. Practice, practice, practice!
  • 2BFitgranny
    2BFitgranny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello Weightnomore. My name is Lisa. I live in northern Indiana. I am 52 soon to be 53. I have been a member of MFP since 2018. I was never really serious about using it until the end of 2022. I was doing very well and then stopped using it actively in December and have struggled to get motivated on my journey of a healthier me. I need the support and motivation of people who are going through a similar journey and I hope this group does that for me.

The month of May I am focusing on getting back on track by recording food, losing a few pounds and moving more.

MFP USER NAME: 2BFitgranny
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: Monday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT: 223,8
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT (highest weight ever): 226.7
This discussion has been closed.