I have been doing low carb keto for about two weeks, less than 40g a day. Can’t lose weight. Why?

Options
I have been doing keto/low carb for about two weeks now with less than 40 grams of carbs daily. I weigh 215, walk everyday and do hot yoga 5 times a week. That’s 105 degree heat, and still can’t lose weight. I Follow a 1200 calorie keto diet daily. Why can’t I lose weight. What can I do? Or what am I doing wrong? Would love to hear from you guys. Thanks!

Best Answers

• LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    @mouse51666 ~ it sounds like you are doing what you should and should be losing. How frustrating when we gain or plateau for any reason! Could it be the end of a monthy hormone cycle? That always included a weight gain for me even when I was doing a keto eating approach. If so, hang in and a big woosh off should follow soon!

to change food diary settings (scroll to bottom to select who can see diary)
    myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

otherwise, regarding carb limits....fwiw
    -- i have wondered from time to time if the amount of carbs in a single eating event meal/snack matters? for example, some people do OMAD - one meal a day = all their carb limit in one meal or several hours and I wonder if this is too much carb at one time, kicking out of ketosis. searched deep into results one day and found one that suggests limit carbs to <15g per eating event. I really do not know if the amount of carbs per eating event matters or if it is total carbs across a day... but per eating event makes sense to me personally.

so, when i do keto, i do <50g/day divided across 4 meals at +/-12g carb per meal/snack.
    -- most of the carbs i eat are non-starchy veggies in tossed salads and broth veggie soups. I use little tomato sauce or salsa and sometimes a bit of citrus.

ruwdsddql528.jpg
  • mouse1152017
    mouse1152017 Posts: 6 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you Lifechangz. Your answer was very well written and very informative. I will try your recommendations, because it’s not a monthly hormonal thing as I’m 58. Not giving up… going to keep trudging on.Thank you for responding. So appreciate it!

Answers

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    You might not be eating enough or getting in enough water. Share a sample of your diary so maybe more insight can be gained.
  • bwell54
    bwell54 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a low carb also less than 40 carbs the calorie count 1200 lost 10 pounds in two weeks not sure what the protein count should be or the fat count just kind of winging it
  • mouse1152017
    mouse1152017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry Trish smith how do I share a sample of my diary. Thanks for answering me. Appreciate it.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    If you go into settings then choose diary settings you show be able to share from there.