Living the Lifestyle: Wednesday, 05/10/2023

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,301 Member
edited May 2023 in Social Groups
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday - misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Meal Times

How variable are your meal times? Do you have set, specific times for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Or, do you sometimes forget to eat? Does change from day-to-day? Or, is it like clockwork? Is meal time set by the clock? Or, is it set by when you feel hungry.

We're all hungering to know!

Replies

• misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,301 Member
    Options
    My meal times occur within the same general time periods during the week. They're a lot more loose on the weekends. Breakfast is the most variable of them all - stemming from the fact that I am not naturally a breakfast guy; it's become an acquired habit. So, it may happen as late as 10am. Lunch and dinner generally occur within the same 2 hour window nearly everyday. Although, depending on how late I've eaten breakfast, the windows may shift a bit later. I am not terribly rigid about it. Mostly, it's about when I feel hungry.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,125 Member
    Options
    misterhub wrote: »
    My meal times occur within the same general time periods during the week. They're a lot more loose on the weekends. Breakfast is the most variable of them all - stemming from the fact that I am not naturally a breakfast guy; it's become an acquired habit. So, it may happen as late as 10am. Lunch and dinner generally occur within the same 2 hour window nearly everyday. Although, depending on how late I've eaten breakfast, the windows may shift a bit later. I am not terribly rigid about it. Mostly, it's about when I feel hungry.

Yup!!!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,490 Member
    Options
    Clockwork. Wasn’t there a cartoon character with a stomach clock? Snoopy? That’s me.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Pretty variable. I basically eat when I'm hungry, while trying to avoid snacking. To some extent I let my sleep schedule modify my eating schedule, and some days I sleep very late.

I usually do not have an appetite for breakfast, so a late lunch is normally my first meal of the day (generally 2 - 3:30). But this week I've been hungry early, so a light breakfast 10-ish. Dinner is somewhere between 6 and 9, might mid-sized or light enough to only be considered a snack. I don't like eating later than that so I can minimize GERD issues.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I’m largely a schedule eater. I’m hungry when I eat, because that when I’m trained to be hungry. If I miss a mealtime, I can go to the next meal without major issues.