Living The Lifestyle Thursday 5/11/23

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 6,022 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday - misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Lettuce(s)
This little green morsel comes in many different flavors, sizes, and nutritional values.
What is your favorite lettuce and how often do you eat it. Do you mix lots of other little goodies in it? Do you take the time to prepare it? what's your favorite dressing.

Replies

• crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    My preference is iceberg (for the crunch) but I’ve bee using spinach lately for the iron. I put in cucumber slices, some cherry tomatoes, and some radish so I still get some crunch. For dressing, I tend to make my own - one teaspoon of olive oil and two teaspoons of a flavored balsamic vinegar.

I’m not a big fan of salads per se; they tend to be something I eat to get some volume into a meal (or into my colon.)
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I prefer the mixed spring greens, which often contain spinach, arugula and some radicchio (which is a type of chicory). For lettuces I go for any of the leafy types. I avoid iceberg and romaine if it has large ribs.

I don't eat lettuce salads all that often, although it picks up during summer. (My usual salad is tomatoes, cucumber and avocado.) I use Newman's ginger sesame dressing or make my own traditional vinaigrette.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,490 Member
    Options
    Right now my thing is the Publix Italian mix right out of the bag. Has a bit of cabbage and carrot in it. If I’m going sticky on lettuce I usually go for romain. Dressing is currently Kraft Greek.