Living The Lifestyle Thursday 5/25/23

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 6,022 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday - misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Memorial Day (or Weekend if you are headed off)
Do you have any special food or meals planned for the Holiday that may cause you to take a dirt road for the weekend or are you going to stay on the straight and narrow road.

Replies

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,022 Member
    Options
    I asked DW this evening if she wanted some ribs maybe baby back or maybe full ribs since Monday Memorial Day was our 33rd anniversary of having our 1st date. While I asked her to marry me on Friday that same week and she accepted we didn't get married till August 25th.

So I guess we're having Ribs and baked beans and maybe some slaw. Always want to keep DW happy. It's no fun when the lady of the house is not happy.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    Well No special meals planed at this point but we are taking our RV on Saturday for a 20 day trip to new England and back. Since this is mostly a trip for some family events like a HS graduation, a 50th Anniv. and a class reunion, I am more concerned about the meals we will NOT be preparing for ourselves?
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    We don’t have family in the immediate area, so no barbecues or such that will be beyond our control. I may grill burgers if the weather cooperates, but that fits within my plan.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    We don't have any specific meal plans for Memorial Day. A Jewish holiday, Shavuot, starts tonight. One tradition associated with Shavuot is to eat dairy meals, and cheesecake is somehow often a part of this plan. We also stay up all night tonight, studying, and so there is often great temptation to nosh and nibble to help stay awake. I won't go crazy with eating, but I will certainly end up not being as restrictive with my caloric intake as I'd prefer (and need).
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Nothing special planned. I should probably start planning! :D
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,490 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken and a frozen pizza I’ll be putting on the grill. This grilled pizza thing is a hoot.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I frequently get a hotdog on each of the 3 summer holidays. In recent times, it has been 5 Guys -- not top notch, but it serves the purpose. There, my major challenge is to remember to eat only half of a "little fries". When they are perfectly crispy on the outside it can be hard to do.