i0slawu79hqg.jpeg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 steps and such so far this week:

Sunday - 11342 + 45 min. exercise bike
    Monday - 10885 + 20 strength + 45 bike
    Tuesday- 9667 + 30 Pilates + 30 bike

I have been riding every day, but we're not doing heavy sessions of lots of trotting or anything, so I won't count those for now. We're just having fun exploring and trying things out.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    x8rtvkhmez3s.png
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Hi team,

I'm Courtney, 42, living in the Ottawa valley in Canada. I work a desk job with a split of remote/in-office of 60-40% and the return to the office in-person threw me off kilter more than expected earlier this year. The loss of personal time and the added expense and hassle to commute to an office where I sit in a cubicle by myself and continue to take meetings on a video screen really went against my internal sense of efficiency! I found myself cranky in every aspect of my life as a result. This included my desire to track my food, but luckily I had already signed myself up to participate in several sports in the evenings so I stuck with those commitments (most weeks) and I'm continuing to maintain my current weight within a 6lb fluctuation.

I've suspected for awhile now that I have un-diagnosed inattentive ADHD and I'm in therapy, signed up for a full psychological assessment at the end of June, and seeing my GP later today to discuss medication options. I'm pushing hard on this hoping it will "fix me" but I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment. Medication and behavioural changes takes time and work. My therapist has actually suggested I create a habit tracker and reward system like I had in Feb 2021 when I was still in my initial weight loss phase with this team to focus on my work goals and reward myself for "good behaviour". Colouring in a square on a calendar and giving myself a $5 trinket on Amazon after completing my 3 workouts, meeting my water goals, and logging my food consistently really helped get me down 50lbs, so why wouldn't it also work for goals like clearing my inbox, tidying my filing pile, and not mindlessly scrolling on my phone when I should be researching?!?!?

My goals for June are to keep working towards breaking this decade to see 18# on the scale before July. I will do this with increased water consumption and being more mindful of portions, and upping my fibre intake to ease digestion.

Welcome to the team @wdalzell5401 !

• adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Late weigh-in, sorry!

PW: 156.6
    CW:155.6

Still not back to 154 where I was two weeks ago but I'll take the loss.

Non-scale victory - I wore a dress on Tuesday that I could not fit into last Spring or Summer!! It's a favorite and I was thrilled with how it fit!

I'll be at the beach Sat - Sat, May not be able to weigh-in if no scale.
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    CW: 222.2
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey My sister has adult diagnosed ADHD. She said medication really helps with focus and she can get a lot done. It does have a downside and she actually would rather do without the medication. My sister definitely has an impulsive spontaneous wild side which is probably due to ADHD. She's been that person here whole life prior to meds. Meds smooth out the fun spontaneous part of her and she felt she had given up a part of her personality. She just didn't feel like herself. I know other adults who are happy on meds. Everyone is different and I see a lot of different children have very different outcomes from ADHD meds. You will just have to see how it works for you.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is OK if you are in an area with bad smoky air these days - my husband is having troubles with his asthma, but it rained today and that helped a lot. Keep well!

@adrimango what? no photo of you in the dress? I'll bet you looked as great as you felt. That is such a fantastic feeling - I've been striding out in my favourite jeans which had become a bit too snug over the last few months. It is good to be back in better shape! It definitely puts a bounce in your step. Good for you!

Thursday people - your turn:
    @ashleycarole86
    @39flavours
    @DD265
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods

And a few stragglers - you know how much I love numbers! Send 'em along :smiley:
    @TessieMac833
    @graceojo999
    @MoonlitMuse
    @alydanbeads (I know, it is still Wednesday - no worries!!)

Thanks!
  • wdalzell5401
    wdalzell5401 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @jugar thanks for the happy Thursday :) This morning I played 9 holes of golf before work. Walked the whole way without much limping, so feeling pretty good about that.

Getting back into the habit of tracking each day and I'm enjoying reading what everyone else in the team are doing.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    CW 173.8 up a bit from last week but overall just glad it's not more.

Sylvia in Massachusetts, 53, caregiver for 93 yr old dad, full time office job, active gardener - trying to get into the mental headset I was in 2 yrs ago when I started with Waistaways. For some reason, it's difficult to do so. I can't say it's because I'm too busy - I was pretty busy before too. The logging works for me but lately can't manage more than a few days before a crazy day hits, throws me off, and I stop. Like several of you commented, alcohol is better when limited, I go thru phases with that. Summer IS harder - the end of every day seems so nice to enjoy the sunset/garden with a glass in hand. I have been enjoying, sometimes, just seltzer and fruit juice - in a big wine glass. Nice just to have that glass stem to twirl. :)
    @jugar - you talk of the potential benefits of boredom...I see benefits too of being in a 'waiting' period of life and am trying to savor the benefits of time here and slowing down, enjoying the garden, birds, moments with friends. Glad you'll have time with your family, sharing thoughts, love, and memories of your brother.
    @micki48 a bit of smoke here in MA too - not so bad though, the photos of NYC, whoa!

This discussion has been closed.