Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    @lavalily , I am officially a Tenacious GR8TER, as of today. ceriusly helped me out, and ty for your invitation! 😊

@Tabatha_Cain , I absolutely LOVE your positive outlook. I love the way you state that today is going to be a good day 🤩. I noticed it on the BLC when I browsed amongst the Teams. (I am in the newbie/late joiners team - White Rabbits 🐇.)

Cormierannie, same ... I love your positive outlook! It's raining here today (🌧️☔ lol has been for almost 2 wks straight!), but your post was a burst of 🌞👏

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,595 Member
    Options
    Good morning Airport Friends, it's kind of funny to say that since I am like 1/2 hour away from a real airport and can go there any time, but here I come daily or try to. It's suppose to be stormy this afternoon and tonight but the sun is shining and very little rain and wind - so maybe it got delayed or wont' happen. I did find some interesting plants while I was walking. No idea what they are but enjoy seeing them and taking pictures. Makes the 15 minute walk there and back not so boring.
    @Tabatha_Cain how did the training go, did you catch up ? Glad you had something to eat. My son tends to go hours without eating - food distraction - he gets distracted and forgets his food is right there in front of him, I keep telling him it's not healthy not to eat a little every few hours. but he has his own routine that seems to work for him. Have you tried the Tetley Cold Infusion ? You add it to cold water, I am trying 2 different kinds this week, it's new to me!
    @cormierannie ahhh house work have to catch up on mine too - something spilt on the shelf on the fridge door and I had to get it off clean it, then dry it and put it back and rearrange the stuff on the shelf - fun fun eh !! Enjoy your dancing later.
    @everyone - have a wonderful evening and enjoy what ever activity you have planned!!
    envql3i3ex2b.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,402 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Today is going to be a great day. I work at both jobs today and tomorrow. It is my last 2 days at my second job since the wedding is paid for and I don't need to work both the jobs. It is a little sad that I am leaving but I am ready. Only 10 days until my wedding. I am super excited.

@mkksemail - Thank you. I always feel today has the potential to be a great day. I try to always have a good outlook. Sometimes that fails me but I try not to let it. I use to do a lot of gratitude journaling. I need to get back to it. I miss doing it.
    @LindieMaeP - Training went well. I was able to catch up. We are going hard all this week with training from 10 am to 5 pm. So I am no help to customers at work. This is going all week long. I have never heard of the Tetley Cold Infusion. What is that? I just got nauseous feeling that whole day so it was hard for me to eat. Just some stress from the wedding planning. I am good now though. I love those purple and green leaves. They are so cool.

Well It is time to get some breakfast. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,502 Member
    Options
    It’s 65 feels like 64 with a high of 81 and rainy this morning. Insight Timer Quote: Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining it.—Hannah Arendt I AM: I am a success in all that I do. Axe Sharpening: Win the day an repeat.—Jenna Fail 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you. Fitness Quote: Pain is just weakness leaving the body.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational Quote: Everything that is meant to happen will happen. What you take from each moment is entirely up to you.—unknown Motiverse: It’s not only our capacity but also our belief that defines our ability to move forward.—Mozella Ademiluyi Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,069 steps yesterday. Training Plan: Day 106/305 mile a day, WHD Full-Body + Core and Core Challenge: Core in the gym this afternoon.
  • Kristen525c
    Kristen525c Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined yesterday and am already loving the camaraderie. I'm not sure which team I'll be on yet, but I definitely have a challenge ahead of me. I am terrible at making time to care for myself, so this will be an interesting 8 weeks for me! I'm a stay at home mom to a very busy three year old, and I work online here and there throughout the day. We have 12 chickens, 2 rabbits, 2 adult dogs, 1 puppy, and 1 kitten that I care for throughout the day as well. I barely have time for housework (and often don't!) let alone exercise, but I am going to find a way. I deserve it. I haven't been at a healthy weight since I was a teenager and no matter how hard I've tried, I always end up failing every attempt to get healthier. I'm here now because we want another baby (in this zoo?!) and with PCOS, losing 5% of my body weight can make a huge difference for me. Currently I feel very motivated and have been spending my free time thinking about the challenge and making plans. Losing weight is more of a secondary goal for me because my main goal here is to learn to make myself a priority, too. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all and going through this challenge together!
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Hello Kristen, nice to 'meet' you 😊. I am also new to the challenge 👏.

Tabatha, you'll be tired after two days of doubles, but wtg you fur taking in a second job to get the wedding is if fir ! 💕✨

Happy Wednesday, flyers!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good morning everyone and welcome new memebers, @mkksemail and @kristenchapman525 !! You'll find as each week goes on it will get easier first time round is always a learning experience and then more learning with each new challege or in-between-challenges which is happening at this time. My name is Lindie and I have done several of the challenges but not as experienced as @Tabatha_Cain is with them. One thing that helps me is "progress not perfection" so I keep that in mind and do what I can. I hope this helps you as well. Do let us know what challenges you may be having during the actual challenge so we can give suggestions that might help. I know I have learnt a lot on these challenges - and I have learnt a lot about myself too!
    @Tabatha_Cain wont' be long now the days will fly by and I bet that manager at the second job will miss you - I also hope your training continues to go well too.
    It's WINDSDAY - lol have a good one, half way to the weekend, slide on down !!
    s8moher66224.png
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,921 Member
    Options
    Hi all happy Mid week. The shot was different from the last two. Really feeling good about this one. It fully takes effect in about a week, so taking it easy until Monday.

We had lots of rain and thunder yesterday. We just got home from drs. before it started. Today 86 nd and hazy. Wishing you all a great rest of the day. Hugs

xriy86o10wzo.png
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,567 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP ... So many lovely colored plants.

@Tabatha_Cain .. Only 10 more days. How exciting!

@kristenchapman525 ... Good to see you here. I think Rain Dancers still has openings if you are interested.

@Kurtize .. Love that quote. It's so true.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a good day. Another day of working 2 jobs. So I will potentially be at work until 10 pm tonight. I got up at 5 am. Well that will be ok. It is extra money for the wedding so I am happy with that. I do need to do some things like get my nails done and stuff. I am so excited. At this point I have 4 days including today of work days and then I am off to handle all the last minute wedding details.

@kristenchapman525 - Welcome. I also suffer from PCOS. Don't want anymore kids though mine are grown. I do understand the struggle though when trying to have children with PCOS.
    @mkksemail - It is tiring. I am so ready for a vacation.
    @LindieMaeP - They actually talked me into keeping my job there. So I am taking off from now until July 9th and then I will go back to Burger King to work 2 jobs. It will be a little bit of extra money that will be nice. My boss I worked with last night was begging me not to quit. He said I am one of the only ones who shows up on time and does my job and works hard. Love the view in that picture.
    @Kurtize - I hope this one kicks in well for you and works a while. I get shots in my elbow and I need one. Just don't have the time to get it done.
    @jeanhickokhaley1 - I am super excited. I can barely contain myself.

Well it is time to get some breakfast. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • Kristen525c
    Options
    @kristenchapman525 - Welcome. I also suffer from PCOS. Don't want anymore kids though mine are grown. I do understand the struggle though when trying to have children with PCOS.

Hi Tabatha! Thank you for the welcome. PCOS has made it so easy for me to gain weight and so difficult for me to lose weight. In the past, slow progress always felt like no progress and led to me giving up completely. I'm determined to stick with it this time, regardless of progress. My doctor has put me on metformin to help soak up some of that insulin. I'm hoping that between that and sticking to this challenge, I'll see some real progress, however small. It's only been a couple of days since I've joined, but I've already been trying to stick to some of the goals I set. I am at a high risk for diabetes, especially if I get pregnant again. I had gestational diabetes with my first and I'm concerned if I don't make changes, another pregnancy would leave me with type 2. I really think that this time will be different. :smile:

Congratulations on the wedding! I'm sure it will be a beautiful event!
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 60 feels like 60 with a high of 87 today. Open the window of your mind. Allow fresh air, new lights and new truths to enter.—Amit Ray I AM: I make others feel seen and appreciated by expressing my sincere thanks to them. Axe Sharpening: Every shot you take in life counts.—Tony Sentmanat 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it. Fitness Quote: Training: Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational Quote: When you start looking for things to appreciate, you’ll find so much more than you could have possibly imagined.—unknown Motiverse: I have to think of the positive; that’s how I cope.—Ingrid Newkirk Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 14,398 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 107/305 mile a day, WHD Chest/Triceps + HIIT and Core Challenge: HIIT after dinner.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,768 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good Day, Challengers! It's been a while since I checked in here. Life is very busy with multiple appointments for both Mom and me. Also, our Summer has many birthdays and several graduations this year so there are too many parties to mention. Anyway, I have some time this morning so I wanted to check in and welcome the new members chatting away here.

I've been trying to send friend requests to new members as I add them to the Overall Community Manifest but it takes a lot of time to do that and I'm sure I miss people. I often need to contact members for different reasons and since MFP only allows email from friend to friend I need to add everyone. If I have somehow missed sending anyone a request, please send me a request instead. Thanks!

My new niece has PCOS so that discussion interests me. She and her husband have been married 7 years and they are so discouraged. She has lost an ovary so I guess that makes it even harder. I just realized the new niece sounds like she's an infant. That's a long story you can read about in my last blog
    if you are interested. My prayers are with you who have this malady as well as for my niece.

@LindieMaeP your pictures are always a welcome addition to my day.

@Tabatha_Cain Thank you for taking the time to come here and greet everyone each and every day!

@macrat12 Sarah, you are faithful to follow your program and your persistence pays off for you and is an inspiration for me to be more persistent in reaching my goals.

Have a wonderful day and upcoming weekend! If you haven't chosen a team yet, please do it today!

Ceri (Ceriusly1)
    Captain, 2023 Summer IBC Koalas

Captain, 2023 Summer 5% Challenge ~ Tenacious GR8TERS
    Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges
    Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ Bloggers!!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    165z2o8cmids.jpg
    Good afternoon folks, dropping in for a moment to see how everyone is doing and share some of my walk treasures with you. It was an amazing find today, I felt like I had become instantly rich !!! Now I do have nothing to do with these treasures, I find them, photo them, but appreciate the hard work, and effort folks have put into planning their gardens to highlight the Creator's creation after all, He's the original planner !!
    @Tabatha_Cain that might not be a bad idea on the 2nd job as long as you are not burning yourself out as it can make for long long days. Oh man you must be so excited!!! Deep breath in Deep breath out - a few times will help you relax a bit.
    @Ceriusly1 thank you kindly, I am one of those folks who need some kind of interaction on a team and appreciate when folks can take the time to chat, being an introvert it works well for me. I hope these health issues for you and your mom resolve soon and you can relax more and enjoy the challenge more. I know how hard you and the other leaders work to make this all come together for other folks to benefit from it. Thank you Thank you!!
    @everyone enjoy your day and have fun at what ever you have planned!!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,921 Member
    Options
    Hi all, happy Thursday. Hot , 92, mostly sunny but very humid. We went grocery shopping this morning early. It was already in the 80's. Nothing to new here. Hope you all have a great day. @Tabatha_Cain, I forgot the date of the wedding?
    Hugs and blessings

osrgnmw8m0x3.png
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    ybr2ftmfacjp.png

Good night all !!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all well this morning. Today is Friday. I am so needing this break. I feel so happy. I have today and 2 more work days and then I am done. I cannot wait for my wedding and then my mini honeymoon. It is so nice. I am not sure what we will be doing for the honeymoon. I am sure we will figure something out.

@kristenchapman525 - I currently take 2,000mg of the metformin for my PCOS. It does help with weight loss as long as you stick to a plan. Another thing I found helpful is to not eat after 7 pm and eat nothing until 6:30 or 7 am the next morning. You can drink water during that time. Setting that rule really helped me lose weight in the beginning. I am sure with your determination you will get there.
    @Ceriusly1 - It can be a rough thing to handle while trying to have a family. Thankfully I am no longer trying to have a family as my children are adults. I pray for your niece and that she gets some relief from the PCOS. I love coming here and talking to everyone. I find everyone here gives really good advice and I can bounce idea off them.
    @LindieMaeP - I am getting so excited. I have today and 2 more work days and I am done until after my wedding and mini honeymoon. Even though you cannot take credit for nature you still take amazing photos.
    @Kurtize - I am getting married June 24th. I have 8 days left. Getting so close.

Well It it time to get breakfast. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Kristen525c
    Options
    @kristenchapman525 - I currently take 2,000mg of the metformin for my PCOS. It does help with weight loss as long as you stick to a plan. Another thing I found helpful is to not eat after 7 pm and eat nothing until 6:30 or 7 am the next morning. You can drink water during that time. Setting that rule really helped me lose weight in the beginning. I am sure with your determination you will get there.

I'm on 1000mg currently. I just started it this week. I was on it several years ago and it did help, but I struggled to stick to a plan. I don't eat breakfast until 7 AM or later, but snacking after dinner is one thing I am trying to do better about. I need to just say "kitchen's closed" after dinner every night and be done with it. I do drink a ton of water. I haven't weighed yet since my last weigh-in was last saturday and if I don't pace myself on the scale, I get hyper-focused on the numbers and lose sight of what's really important. I imagine that after the week I've had, I will be down several pounds of water weight. I have always lost a lot in the very beginning because I basically go from 0 to 60 overnight (eating whatever I want to planning every meal carefully). I'm always glad for the jumpstart, but then get discouraged when I don't lose more than a pound or two a week thereafter. But I'm determined for this time to be different in all areas, including my expectations for progress. Whether the scale moves or not, I am eating so much better and I feel better for it. I still need to get my husband to help me get my treadmill out of storage so I can start exercising too. I've been avoiding it!
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 69 feels like 69 with a high of 86 today. Insight Timer Quote: Shared joy is double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.—Swedish Proverb I AM: I embrace the gloriousness within me. Axe Sharpening: Victim or Victor? Your choice.—Stephanie Lawler 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Speak to others in a warm and friendly way. Fitness Quote: The real workout starts when you want to stop. Be more Do more—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote: Your journey will be hard, but the goal will be worth it, just like the calm before the storm.—unknown Motiverse: No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.—Aesop Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 14,889 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 108/305 mile a day, WHD Glutes & Shoulders + Core and Core Challenge: Core after dinner.
  • mkksemail
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain , vicariously thrilled for you!! So exciting 👰🏾💒🥂

@macrat12 , love your daily dose of inspo!!! It's a bit hard to read tho, with no formatting. I wonder, has anyone ever requested paragraphs/a bit of white space as breaks between thoughts? 🙏