WaistAways Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    @jugar Where in Ohio do you have to be?
    I will fly into Cincinnati and then drive to Harrison. We'll be in Harrison through the weekend and back to the airport on Monday midday.
  • jugar
    Options
    @graceojo999 I'm glad you made it this week! It sounds like you have had a busy time, but you maintained and got through some stressful events. I hope your dad is OK after his surgery :heart:

I have to get packed and organised!

Wednesday weigh-ins coming up:
    @alydanbeads
    @DianaGetsFit512

Running a bit late:
    @TessieMac833
    @cleaneater80
    @adrimango

Thanks!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @jugar Good luck with the snug pants and trek to NC and OH. I'll see you from MA via FaceTime on Amy's phone. It will help with the whole process being with Anne and then Dad during/after the service. keeping fried foods and flour is sure to help. I'll join you in that endeavor. I'll post my weigh-in this week, too, since I missed last week.
    I ate lunch late (or supper early) today and ended up ignoring all signals of satisfaction. I'll work on releasing frustrations without stuffing my emotions or food and see how the scale responds on Friday. Tomorrow morning, I'll start out my day in the pool. That's such a help. Onwards, fellow WAs! Safe travel, Liselyn. Love to you and Mom, et. al.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods What an amazing accomplishment for you. Your family must be so proud of you.

@KellyBgetsfit Love to hear that positivity. Fav memory with the fam so far? There will be lots more fun to look forward to this summer I bet!

@jugar Safe travels over the next week... glad your Jasper is settling in so nicely

This week has been full of a bit of everything.
    Monday we had a concert and went out for dinner and overate. Yesterday I was back on track and it felt good. Today is reasonable so far but my meals have been higher calorie. We are hoping to work out tonight.
    I already know I'm up for the week, I'm like a yo yo right now!
  • jugar
    Options
    I feel amazing. My clothes fit great. I am eating healthy and moving my body. I have been making amazing memories with my family. This summer has been amazing so far.

Now this post is amazing cubed! When someone feels so great they find three things amazing - the happiness and feeling of progress are fair leaping off the screen. You go Kelly!!! I love the mixture of accomplishments - eating, moving, connecting, feeling. Wow.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Final call for week 1 steps friends! (June 4 to 10)
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    PW: 96
    CW: 95.7
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Thursday weigh-in
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 197.6
    CW 200.2
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Username: 39flavours
    Weigh in Day: Thursday
    PW: 143.0
    CW: 142.0

I've been slipping a bit the last couple of days, nothing major, just skipped a few workouts and yesterday evening we went to the pub and I had a few drinks. Totm is due and it's making me feel a bit meh. I've got loads to do to get ready for my trip but am procrastinating a lot. The heat isn't helping, its making me wiped out and I'm not sleeping all that well. Anyway, moody me will be back to normal in a few days hopefully!
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    @jugar I'm away next Thursday and the one after so I will post my updates on Wednesday 21st June and Sunday 2nd July, hope that's OK
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    PW 242.2
    CW 242.8

A bit in the wrong direction. I have been very distracted this week and have put little effort into actively loosing weight. I'll take it and do better next week.
  • jugar
    Options
    Sorry I have been AWOL! It has been a busy couple of days, but all is well. Except that my exercise stats are late! If there's still a chance, here they are:
    Sunday - 10353 +20 gardening + 45 exercise bike
    Monday - 9467 + 20 strength + 45 bike
    Tuesday - 8798 + 30 Pilates
    Wednesday - 10869 + 15 Pilates + 20 strength
    Thursday - 14304 + 30 Pilates
    Friday - 10428 + 20 Pilates + 45 bike
    Saturday - 10676 + 45 bike
    39flavours wrote: »
    @jugar I'm away next Thursday and the one after so I will post my updates on Wednesday 21st June and Sunday 2nd July, hope that's OK
    The 21st works no problem, but the Sunday is going to be the 1st day of the July challenge, so too late for the last week of June. Don't worry, though, I'll just give you an EXC for that week, and then you can update on the 2nd to get an accurate starting weight for July. That will work!

So I made it to North Carolina, and tomorrow my mom and I are off to Ohio. I'm glad we are not going to run into some of that crazy weather happening south of there - tornadoes, hail, crazy wind and rain - YIKES! I hope everyone is OK.

I have been neglecting my nagging duties :heartbreak: Here is the list for Friday:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @PlaneMonkey
    @Pearl4686

and previous:
    @TessieMac833
    @adrimango
    @alydanbeads
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @eggfreak

I won't have a lot of time to catch up with everyone over the next 2 days, but I'll get here when I can. Keep up the good work!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    CW:222.4
  • wdalzell5401
    wdalzell5401 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Where has this week gone?! It's been hectic and tracking took a back seat but I have been focusing on healthy choices and moving more. The only hiccup in that statement was the delicious slice of passionfruit sponge cake that I enjoyed for dessert yesterday after my birthday lunch with my golfing buddies. The cake was baked for me by one of the ladies and everything was kept on the down low, so it was a lovely surprise. (And did I mention delicious!)

Digestive issues that were challenging me these past few weeks have improved very much this week. I suspect I have become sensitive to lactose. Have gone on to soy milk in my two coffees a day and the bloating, back pain and constipation (sorry for the over share) have resolved. Yay!

Weigh in day tomorrow (Saturday in Australia), so hoping for some downward movement in the numbers.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 190.0
    PW 193.2

a bit unexpected to see a drop this large, but my appetite has been smaller from the new medication so maybe it will stick around and I can see a new decade soon and not rebound. I will do my best to make good choices this weekend (when I usually undo all good progress during the week) and see if more downward movement can happen.

@jugar and @EvMakesChanges thoughts with you ladies and your family. <3

@conleywoods congrats on finishing the program. I'm hoping you will have time this summer to spoil those piggies with fun new accessories. I love seeing the creativity you express in their enclosures and outfits.

@KellyBgetsfit love the energy!! Keep it up.

@ashleycarole86 how long until the Gran Fondo? Are you more excited or nervous at this point? Brad's already got one under his belt but this will be your first, right?
  • conleywoods
    Options
    @cleaneater80 Finishing my masters in 16 months was hard work and definitely came with some health issues in the form of stress. I needed a degree to move on the pay scale and it was less about getting a degree for a new job. I definitely was not interested in changing jobs. Pushing kids in swings, playing with playdough and coloring all day is fine by me. I picked an education degree that closely aligned with what I already do and that made assignments easier. I also had some honest conversations with my husband that I just can't do it all. I needed help or acceptance that some things around the house would be done good enough for a while. I picked shortcuts for household things to increase time for family. I definitely had moments of tears and I ended up pretty worn down and paused my weight loss journey for several months. I also will be getting more than a 20% pay increase so I was very motivated. My school district only let's you turn in new degrees at the beginning of the new school year so that also set my time line. I either needed to be done in 6 months or 18 months. I went through WGU which is self paced which allowed me to finish faster.
  • conleywoods
    Options
    @jugar and @EvMakesChanges Thinking of you two and your family as you celebrate your brother's life❤

Thank you for all the well wishes! I really appreciate them. @PlaneMonkey I definitely need to get the the fabric store for new piggy projects! I can't say no to this little face🤭
    2fv16d6z53dz.jpg

Now I need to figure out my weekly workout schedule and start those up again.
This discussion has been closed.