2023 Summer Theme Announced

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,297 Member
edited July 2023 in Social Groups
bruqfrl1cpaz.png
🏆Congratulations Challengers! This Summer marks our 56th season of the 5% 8-Week Challenge! We started in Spring 2010 on SparkPeople, and successfully transitioned to My Fitness Pal. Thanks to Heidi (hicim705), Ceri (Ceriusly1), Diane (Dianedoessmiles1) and Barb (ladyluk1) for moving us here in 2020 and keeping up the momentum.

📅Our 2023 Summer 5% Challenge starts Saturday July 8th, 2023. You are welcome to join in the practice week that starts July 1st. Please contact Dianedoessmiles1 for information.

✈️2023 Summer 5% Virtual Travel Theme – Fabulous Sunrises! Our Summer 5% Living the Good Life (LTGL) theme is Being Active!
b4zsay9f5akh.png

All year we look forward to an active and fun filled Summer. Now is the time to unleash that energy and enthusiasm! Each day focus on your exercise, food choices, relaxation, sleep, mental health, staying connected and feeling positive about life. Let's follow through on promises to ourselves to stick to our diet and planned exercises. Prioritize your wellbeing this summer!

Your leaders will help/guide you in how we do the challenges. Wherever we travel regardless of season, it’s a lovely summer day, we are physically fit and have ease of motion.

The basic 5% Challenge requirements are recording - your weekly weigh ins, daily exercise minutes, and daily Living the Good Life Challenge (Healthy Habits) points. If you are restarting your exercise and diet program, proceed at a pace you are comfortable with.

7s43s4rezh1b.png

Some of the Challenges may be things you are already doing, and for that you are to be commended. It will be easy for you to contribute points to your team. For some of us, these Challenges really will challenge us as we work on developing healthy habits. Our final weigh in is Saturday, Sept. 2nd.

Although the LTGL Challenge changes weekly, Challengers are encouraged to do their best to continue each challenge throughout the entire 8 weeks. Enjoy!

If you have not joined a team, please look for the sign up or send a message to Ceriusly1.

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,477 Member
    Options
    TY TY TY TY Lynn!! Very well done and put!! We love knowing the LTGLs ahead of time. Helps many to plan while on vacation. May everyone traveling take these into account maintaining your wonderful health. HAVE FUN and enjoy!! Travel safely. Those of us not traveling, please enjoy the summah also. Hug those you love tightly we've EARNED IT after 2020 to 2023.
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,536 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nicely done, Lynn! This is SO helpful for leaders as we can tie in the themes in our set up. I've always been a plan ahead person who doesn't like surprises and it's like a huge load has been lifted and instead of being boxed in I'm free to soar. The challenges are so much more fun for me! As a member, knowing what's coming up for LTGL really helps me be prepared and more successful in doing them. THANK YOU!
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Thank You to all the OAL's who work in conjunction behind the scenes to bring us new and exciting adventures for each challenge. As a leader it is so helpful to know the theme and LTGL's ahead of time so badges and discussions/announcements can be prepared in advance and tie in with the theme. Thank you for bringing this back as it was a huge hit with team members in the Spring.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,574 Member
    Options
    I too appreciate knowing in advance what the LTGL goals will be. Thanks to all the OALs for all of your work "behind the scenes"!
  • Sableness
    Sableness Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Very helpful to know the plan ahead of time
  • katiedidtoo
    katiedidtoo Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the LTGLs and encouraging us to continue doing each of them throughout the challenge if we can. It makes a difference for me to do so.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    Like to know ahead so we can plan
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,906 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info, thank you leaders. Hugs
  • Chubbynomore10
    Chubbynomore10 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advance notice of the LTGL goals! Though I need a bit of a rest right now, will be charged up and ready to go soon! Thank you all for all of your hard work. You are such giving, loving souls. I hope you get some rest between.
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    This is great, thank you!
  • sunshineyourway
    sunshineyourway Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Thank you, leaders, for all of your hard work!
  • catnurse1
    catnurse1 Posts: 3,327 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, thank you for the advance notice. Coming from someone who usually posts way into the night, this way I won't be scrambling on Saturdays to get going on the LTGLs.
  • 1AncientSage
    1AncientSage Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Lynn, thank you so much for the heads up. It's greatly appreciated
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Lynn! I am looking forward to this challenge as a springboard to increased activity and other wellness habits! 💗
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,336 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    THANK YOU for posting this ahead of time ... it is so helpful for planning purposes. I thought I had already commented, apparently I didn't - oops!!

Wishing you much success as we begin the 2023 Summer 5% Challenge ~ our 8th on this platform!! Kudos as we've managed to keep the Challenges going and thriving!!