Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,452 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly sunny and windy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,486 Member
    Options
    Last ight we had a wild storm, thunder, lightening, hail, rain, wind. It was awful. Luckily we had no damage although many places did. Today partly sunny 92 outside and humid, weatherman says, more thunder storms tonight. Our daughter came by today to see her dad for Father's day. We all had a good visit. Nothing else new here. Happy Friday, hugs and blessings.

Daily Affirmations by Jonathan Lockwood Huie

I forgive everyone - especially myself.
    I forgive for my own sake,
    that I may transmute my resentments into Unconditional Love.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,506 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    To all our team leaders, THANK YOU, for keeping these 5% challenges going. It is nice being here. This keeps me motivated. The conversations are also an added perk.
    m7ck2o02jk78.jpeg

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,426 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, I sure hope your day went well and your slide into the weekend is exciting and refreshing as well !! I know mine will be ! This morning we had a film crew in the area, not that we are not used to them, just used to seeing them in someone else's neighbourhood rather then ours. They've cleaned up nicely and have left - had rain mid morning - good we needed it! I got a good walk to the dollarstore to pick up a couple of things, yea right, 12.00 later I walk out LOL Gotta love them dollar stores where NOTHING is a dollar anymore !! Exercise and steps all done for the day now time to relax and chill - well it is cooler even though the sun is out, not having the heat some folks are having, or the storms either ...
    @Tabatha_Cain, are you counting sleeps now ? it's not far away at all and you will be a beautiful bride!
    @ThursLins oh I love that picture, thank you for posting !!
    @everyone have a pleasant and relaxing evening!
    gj0hagzuohlm.png
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,084 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a busy and exercise intense day. I have a lot to do outside with Joe's parents. I am hoping it goes well today. When Joe gets out of work he will join us.

@kristenchapman525 - I completely understand. I need to do better on the exercise part. It is so hard. I try hard and sometimes mess up. I just have to work hard at it and not let anything get in my way. Lately I have been eating past 7 as my Fiance is working a lot of overtime and does not get home until after 730. It has kinda messed somethings up but we will figure it out.
    @mkksemail - Thank you. I am so excited.
    @LindieMaeP - That is so awesome to have a film crew in the area. Love the thought of the food trucks. I would say I am counting my sleeps but I am not sure I am sleeping. My DJ is not responding to me at all. I paid him and met with him. Good thing I paid him with paypal. I can request a refund if he does not preform the services I hired him for if he does not show up.

Well it is time to get something to eat. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,220 Member
    Options
    It’s 65 feels like 65 with a high of 89 today. Insight Timer Quote: Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.—Albert Einstein I AM: I am financially stable. Axe Sharpening: A people pleaser is an enemy to themselves.—Stacey Ervin Jr 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Take time to notice things that you find beautiful. Fitness Quote: When I lost my excuses I found all my results.—gymaholic Motivational Quote: Believe in yourself. Only you determine the confidence and power you have.—unknown Motiverse: A positive attitude can really make dreams come true, it did for me.—David Bailey Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,738 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 109/305 mile a day this morning and WHD LISS and Core Challenge rest day.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,452 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time job today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I tried on a nice pair of pants I have and they are fitting me looser now. I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I'll be going for a walk in a while. I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, Flyers!

It is pouring raing 🌧️☔ (again!) here in Maine. Two weeks, plus two days, and counting!, with very little breaks along the way 😝.

Happy 33rd birthday to my baby girl today! 💕. She's working all day, from 10a to 10p. Hubby and I dropped off a Dairy Queen ice cream cake, and three xl pizzas to her work. We brought a pizza part to her! Heh she was so happy 🩷

Cheers!
    - mk (Maine 🌧️☔)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've been maintaining my 50lbs weight loss till I quit smoking-gained 10lbs then had a pinched nerve & couldn't exercise for months & gained 10lbs but I lost the 20lbs over a years time & been maintaining for almost a year but want to get to the lower end of my maintenance range> I have been inching to it but the main challenge is to get back to exercising which I had to stop for a time due to covid, pinched nerve & eye surgery .I do still walk some miles per day but have started back at the gym & the great pool they have
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, both in your 50 lbs weight loss, AND on quitter Ng smoking, @Evamutt !! 👏👏👏🥳
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    @ThursLins A beautiful picture.

@Tabatha_Cain I hope the DJ shows up. Odd he won't reply. Hang in there!

mkksemail Your a good Mom. That is so sweet of you guys to bring pizza and cake. Happy Birthday to your baby. My baby is in her 30's as well. Time flies.

@Evamutt I'm glad you are getting back into the swing of things. Keep going, you're doing great!

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,426 Member
    Options
    wbevonz995pl.jpeg
    3ot2c3romcd4.jpeg
    55r5du1ijjyi.jpeg
    umfuvbldsl3y.jpeg
    good evening everyone, the above pics are from my Iphone so no collage yet still need to figure that out - anyway this was a garden that was spotted while driving from point a to point b so I got it as best I could without trying to get out of the car - had I tried that my son would have had a fit !! Rightly so ... I hope you all are doing ok and enjoying your weekend!
    @Tabatha_Cain I sure hope that DJ shows up too especially since you paid him, but you were smart to do so in a way you can get your money back. Have you a back up plan just incase ? It does not hurt to have a back up plan. I am getting excited for you!!
    @Evamutt well done indeed, I sure did gain when I stopped smoking and still have some of it !! All in good time it will come off, at my age, I am not gonna rush it, but will do what I can. Ease back in, maybe 10 minutes here and there, that is what I had to do when I had severe nerve issue in my leg - it was so bad, I limped everywhere and finally had to get to dr because I could not sleep. now it is better not gone but I know what to do and what not to do. Those 10 min will add up in no time! AND you will get lots of suggestions from your team or here as well !!

• jeanhickokhaley1
    Options
    @LindieMaeP ... What a cute shop. I would have stopped too!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,220 Member
    Options
    It’s 64 feels like 63 with a high of 81 today. Insight Timer Quote: To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner is you.—Lewis B. Smedes I AM: I am steadfastly dedicated to the goals I set. Axe Sharpening: Don’t ever let other people decide who you are.—Stormi Knight 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Look for something good in a difficult situation. Fitness Quote: Find joy in working out.—fitness and faithfulness Motivational Quote: Life is magical. The more good things you expect, the more good things you’ll get.—unknown Motiverse: The struggles we endure today will be the good old days we laugh about tomorrow.—Aaron Lauritsen Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,311 steps yesterday. Training Plan: Day 110/305 mile a day this morning.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a great morning. Today is going to be a good day. I have my bachelorette party tonight. It is literally just my kids and I handing out because no one else wanted to do anything on Father's day. But it was the only day my daughter was available because she was in another wedding earlier this month. She is my Matron of Honor. So she has to be at my bachelorette party. We are going to go to dinner and have a few drinks. That is pretty much it. Nothing big or surprising. I am glad though that I get to spend this last bit of time with my kids right before the wedding.

@mkksemail - That is awesome that you took her some pizza. We love pizza here. We are definitely a pizza family.
    @Evamutt - I am not sure what your current help situation is but if you are able to increase your walking. That is how I lost 80 of my pounds is I walked 90 minutes a day. It will also help with those cigarette cravings if you walk every time you want a cigarette. I quit smoking while losing weight too. So I know the struggle.
    @jeanhickokhaley1 - He actually responded yesterday, He said he had been super busy and will have out time line this week sometime to approve. He is super pumped about our wedding. So I am glad. He had really good reviews so I was worried when he all of a sudden was not responding.
    @LindieMaeP - That is awesome that someone would do a huge garden like that. I do not think that person would have minded if you had gotten out of the car and took some photos. I do have a back up plan. I have a spotify playlist we can set up with the church sound system. They just said in the reception area the sound system is not great. It will work in a pinch but they recommended a DJ for the reception. The sanctuary has a better sound system.

Well it is time to get something to eat. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Evamutt
    Options
    Thank you @Tabatha_Cain for your great suggestions, I forgot to mention I quit smoking 4yrs ago, so no cravings. I forgot to put a timeline for everything, I've been maintaining for 6 years besides the 20 lbs gain that I lost over a years time. I did walk more on treadmill, home videos, gym without my dogs & am working towards getting back to doing that as my recovery progresses & in general I'm on my feet alot my current dogs can't walk as fast as my last pack (they died of old age, I still miss them so much)
  • Evamutt
    Options
    @LindieMaeP What a beautiful garden & house! I love walking in my neighborhood, hardly any 2 houses are alike & so pretty.
    I had 2 part time jobs that I loved, one was for an animal rescue I volunteered at for years & I worked 2 mornings a week(paid) & it was very physical. On March 24, 2020 is when I got a sudden excruciating pain in my right arm to where I couldn't move it 1 centimeter without very bad pain . I had to sleep on the couch sitting up, couldn't move it at all or the pain would get worse. I assume it was a pinched nerve because I talked to my friend who saw this in her 25 yrs of working in physical therapy at the hospital & I always loved to play badminton, tennis, racquetball, using my right arm.Had to quit my rescue job, it took couple months to be better & would hurt more when I used my arm more like for cleaning walls etc Covid just started so my Dr did a phone appointment with me & thought it was that too but I couldn't go see her. It's all gone now but my pt friend told me that where ever you get it, that part will always be weaker so I don't want it to come back. The pain was right below childbirth. I stopped plating racquetball, or using the rowing machine , weights etc but my legs I can use. Due to my bought with covid last November & fainting, hitting my head & getting a head bleed & just started not feeling too fatigued couple months ago & had retina surgery last Wednesday so a little unbalanced. In a nutshell.... I want to work to get back to more exercise but I don't think I can do as much as before but I'm ok with that. Started back at the gym last week & been going to the pool so far & a little on the treadmill, 10min at a time
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,486 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, hope everyone has had a great day, relaxing, unwinding and having fun.

rxxnvwxb5s2n.png
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ... I'm glad he finally called. Having dinner with your kids is wonderful. Sounds like everything is coming together.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a great day. I have today and tomorrow left to work before I am off for a week for my wedding. I am so excited about it. 5 days and I get married. I will then be a married woman. So excited. I love my fiance so much.

@Evamutt - I am glad to help. I don't remember when I quit smoking other than it was October 11th. So weird. I thought it had only been a year but it ended up being a lot more. I just know I don't remember because I am no longer having cravings. I get sick when I smell cigarette smoke and I cannot stand next to a smoker while they are smoking because I might get sick.
    @jeanhickokhaley1 - Dinner with my kids was great. I feel so good about spending that last little bit of time together. They are both adults so I was just wanted to have that last time together as just us. Now we will be a blended family and it will always be all of us, both sets of kids together.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha