Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,502 Member
    Options
    It’s 63 feels like 63 with a high of 90 today. Insight Timer Quote: Rarely, if ever, are any of us healed in isolation. Healing is an act of communion.—Bell Hooks I AM: I look around me and see so many blessings. Axe Sharpening: Keep it simple. Keep it moving.—Cavan Valance 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Get outside and find the joy in being active. Fitness Quote: Just because your progress isn’t obvious Doesn’t mean your effort isn’t paying off.—MonitortheBeast Motivational Quote: The more grateful you are, the more beautiful the world will be.—unknown Motiverse: When I let go of what I am. I become what I might be.—Lao Tzu Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,240 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 111/305 mile a day, WHD Legs + Core and Core Challenge: Core after breakfast.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,677 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today! my daughter says hi to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i try to do some kind of strength training exercises at least three times a week. i will be going for a walk in a while. i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. i spent yesterday with both of my parents and my daughter. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,934 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday afternoon. Quite warm, here 96 and feels like 108. I dislike Texas weather.

Not much new, we had a quiet father's day, kids called Don and granddaughter's sent messages.

Have a great rest of your day. Hugs and blessings

1mv8e15wcqit.jpg
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,223 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hello, Flyers and Travellers! 🌍🌎🌏🌐🗺️

Happy Monday! Happy 'teenth! Today is our newest (US) federal holiday - Juneteenth, which marks the day, on June 19, 1865 that Union soldiers rode into Galveston TX (2 years after the end of the American Civil War, and also some years after the Emancipation Proclamation by Lincoln, that ended slavery in America), and let the last remaining enslaved people know that they were free.

y384918addfq.jpeg

As for up here in the still rainy and overcast corner of the country, aka 🌧️☔ Maine, lol ... Quiet day here today. Hubby, daughter, and I, went out for pizza and beer at a Farmhouse Brewpub and outdoor restaurant about an hour north of here yesterday. And then played Settlers of Catan Seafarer's Expansion Game until way WAY too late! 😱

I slept thru my lab appt this morning (TSH followup bc hypothyroidism meds tweaked about 6 wks ago). 😝 I called, and they let me come in 4 hrs and 15 mins late . 🤣

Cheers! ✌️
    - mk :) (Maine 🌧️☔)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,402 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is my last day of work before my wedding. Today is going to be a good day. I am so happy that I am learning new things and will get to branch out on my job and do new things. They are training me on domestic travel. So not only can I help you with your insurance but I am also able to help book a hotel stay, car rental, flight, domestic (inside the USA tour). I can get you attraction tickets. It is great. I love it. So interesting to learn. I am still learning until the end of next month but I will get it.

@mkksemail - I am so glad they let you come in later in the day. That test is really important. Pizza sounds so good. Juneteenth was pretty good here. We had a celebration over the weekend. It was great. There was music, bouncy house for the kids, food trucks, vendors, games, and lots of facts. It was pretty awesome.

Well it is time for some food. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 70 feels like 70 with a high of 91 today. Insight Timer Quote: Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about,--Oscar Wilde I AM: I enjoy commuting to work, and use this time to improve my mind. Axe Sharpening: Greatness belongs to those who are willing to work for it.—Toni Livers 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity. Fitness Quote: Alone is when you make the best decisions.—gymaholic Motivational Quote: Today I choose to be happy.—unknown Motiverse: Stay positive. Better days are on their way.—courtesy of motiverse app Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,367 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 112/305 mile a day, WHD Back/Biceps & HIIT and Core Challenge Wk6/D2: HIIT in the gym after breakfast.
  • mkksemail
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, travellers! 🙋‍♀️

Tabatha .... Ooooo, I'm excited for you! 👏 Hoping you have perfect weather, on the day! Your Juneteenth celebration sounds fantastic! Good time for all 😄

Still 😝 weather up here in Maine. God rather than rain today 🤪

Wtg, macrat!! 👏
    (Still wishing for paragraphs in your post 😊)
  • Kurtize
    Options
    tpszto0sisra.png
  • p21usa
    p21usa Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new to the challenge! I have been off and on (mostly off) MFP for ten (!) years now. I almost always hit my goal and as soon as I stop logging my food and exercise, I gain it all back. Sadly, I have noticed an upward trend in my highest weight with each cycle of "dieting". I am the very definition of yo-yo, lol. I signed up for this challenge because I have hit my goal and I really want to maintain it! Looking forward to meeting you all, my team (unassigned right now), getting started, and learning from each other!
  • mkksemail
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hello, p! 🙋‍♀️☺️
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful, warm sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i went to a free drop in art program this morning at the building that is not too far from my building. i like to do things related to arts and crafts whenever i can. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,567 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain .. Wow, it's really coming together for your job. I'm so glad you enjoy the work. I agree with mkksemail, hoping the weather is perfect <3

@cormierannie both my budgies cheep back. Glad you got in a good run.

The weather her is also very nice. 80 degrees, with only a breeze. I'm re-potting some new plants I bought yesterday.

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,595 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon folks, a cool rainy/sunny day here, got my exercise and the LTGL all done and accounted for. It's been a quiet day here today, not much going on - too much munching though, gonna have to boot that snackmonsterintothecorner!!
    @Tabatha_Cain - woohoo won't be long now and you will be Joe's Mrs!! I am sure you are excited and nervous as well - it's finally arriving and everything seems to be coming together !
    @p21usa welcome to the 5% challenge, have you ever been on sparkpeople? Just wondering. I know I was on and off MFP for a few years as well but I did like their tracking but now I am not so crazy about it. I like these challanges as they teach me new ways to manage my food rather then diet - managing food puts me in control MOST of the time, but I do allow for a crazy day here and there, today is one of them, munching everything in sight almost. Good thing it is cherries and apple and less useless carbs... anyway welcome again !!
    @everyone hope you have a wonderful day and evening and you get a lot accomplished. I remind myself that success is not always related to a weigh-in scale - sometimes the win is in something else !!
    7koqmwanezaq.gif
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Sorry for being MIA for so long. Had a great trip for TOPS PRD. d52tv1t6cpu2.jpeg
    My group also spent June 10 evening celebrating my birthday.pin78xyrfz7r.jpeg Got home June 11 for a couple hours to finish packing and spend some time with Hubby before heading back out for the second leg of my vacation. Baking in preparation for the Harrow fair went more smoothly than any other previous year. On my last day in Harrow went to the park with my cousin and her grandson. I actually played on the equipment and had a great workout doing it. Came home Friday afternoon and chilled. Saturday cut the front lawn and worked on cleaning up the shattered glass from my patio set. Sunday went to church and then continued with the cleanup in the afternoon. Got the back lawn mowed on Monday morning and then got ready and went to my friends for my birthday BBQ with a group of friends. Today was TOPS. Gained only 1 lb over 2 weeks and am happy about that. Actually thought it would be way more. Also had to lead the TOPS meeting as our leader was unable to attend. Came home and did laundry, played a couple games of cards with Hubby and took a 3 hr nap. Hoping to get back into routine soon with life. But trying to do it slowly to not overwhelm myself.
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Hsppybl Birthday,! How fun 👏🥳
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,402 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today I am off work and will be until next Wednesday after my wedding. When I go back I will be married. I am so excited. I cannot wait to be Joe's Mrs. I love him so much. We have a lot to do today. Packing and cleaning the house. We are heading up to Joe's parents to be closer to the venue so we can get stuff set up. Today I have to get my eyebrows waxed and then tomorrow I get my nails done. We have to get all the wedding stuff to his parents and then to the venue for the dress rehearsal. For the dress rehearsal we have about 4 people who are willing to set up the tables while the bridal party actually do the rehearsing. It is going to be great.

@mkksemail - It looks to be sunny and 90F on Saturday. We are excited. The celebration for Juneteenth was a good one.
    @p21usa - Welcome. Cannot wait to get to know you. Congrats on hitting your goal. Maintaining can be just as hard from what I hear. Not there yet but close.
    @jeanhickokhaley1 - Thank you. I am learning so much at my job. I love it. Thank you right now the weather looks good for the wedding.
    @LindieMaeP - I am so nervous and so excited all in one. I have barely ate anything in 2 days. I am hoping that will improve since we are getting closer and things are coming together more.
    @CSEGUIN2 - It looks like you had a great time. I hope settling back in won't be too hard for you. Happy belated birthday.

Well it is time for me to get some breakfast. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    Options
    It’s 68 feels like 68 with a high of 91 today. Insight Timer Quote: May love surround you like sunshine on a sunny day.—Shakespeare I AM: I focus on how I feel over how I look. Axe Sharpening: It’s your life. You only get one. It’s up to you whether it’s a good one or a bad one.—Derek Weida 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement. Fitness Quote: It’s a long process Don’t look at how long it will take. Make daily commitments in order to become better, one step at a time.—gymaholic Motivational Quote: I choose to focus on the positive rather than the negative.—unknown Motiverse: Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.—Janice Trachtman Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,386 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 113/305 mile a day, WHD Full-Body + Core and Core Challenge Wk6/D3: Core after breakfast.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,595 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks, it is a dreary dark day here today but the sun should come out sometime soon. Right now the temp is 57F feels like 55F - I like the temps, I do not like having to have a light on especially the first day of summer !!! However, there are worse things going on in this world so I will just get on with it!
    @Tabatha_Cain, woohoo won't be long now and I hope everything goes off well - looking forward to hearing about it and pictures after the honey moon of course - understandable if you do not comment the day before and day of wedding!!
    @CSEGUIN2 - I grew up in Harrow and I remember those fair grounds well. On the corner of KIng St and the street to the fair ground there was a restaurant - I forget what it was called but Arsenals ran it or owned, one or other. On the side of that building there was a mural of a western scene of a family in western dress and a train track off into the distance. My dad did that mural as well as many of the signs that were preent when one drove into the town. Of course now it is a long time since then and many of those signs and things he painted no longer exists. I remember a jolly green giant on the water tower way back when. No idea what is there today. Those were the days of the cannery factory. My favourite restaurant was of course the Covered Wagon and I am sure it is not there today. many many moons ago. Glad the baking for the fair went well. ANd glad you enjoyed your time away!
    @everyone hope you are having an awesome woohoo wednesday !!

cjbj9s00hbr2.jpguputt46wurrx.jpg

• Kurtize
    Options
    Hello happy Wednesday and happy beginning of Summer. Wishing you all a wonderful day.

clxn28ujiks3.png

“It isn’t the big pleasures that count the most; it’s making a big deal out of the little ones.”
    — Jean Webster, American author, 1876-1916
  • cormierannie
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a beautiful, warm sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i dropped off some extra food to the local food bank box at the grocery store near my place. i like to help others whenever i can. i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.