Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was physio for my shoulder in the morning. It's coming along nicely. I have range of motion back and they extended me to another 3 weeks to work on strength. They're also adding laser therapy to help heal the tare quicker. I am glad as I don't want to do cortisone shots unless absolutely necessary. Had a quick visit with a couple of friends, did dishes, laundry and played cards with Hubby. Dinner is going to be spaghetti squash pasta, ceasar salad and cheese garlic bread. Tomorrow more cleaning and who knows what.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ travellers!

Popping my head in to say hello. Reading along, and getting antsy watching the wedding countdown, lol. ๐Ÿ’•
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Another 80 degree weather today. Winds have picked up again, but I got outside for a bit anyway.
    Hope everyone has a good Thursday!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,223 Member
    Options
    Itโ€™s 68 feels like 68 with a high of 88 today. Insight Timer Quote: My mistakes have been my greatest mentors.โ€”Steve Maraboli I AM: I choose to nurture and nourish my body. Axe Sharpening: Big Wins happen when you continuously repeat small wins.โ€”Jenna Fail 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh. Fitness Quote: Donโ€™t get stuck in a life you didnโ€™t choose we always have an option.โ€”gymaholic Motivational Quote: Failures happen, setbacks happen, keep going because eventually victories happen, accomplishments happen.โ€”unknown Motiverse: Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.โ€”Roy T. Bennett. Closed all โค on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,827 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 114/305 mile a day, WHD Chest/Triceps + HIIT and Core Challenge Wk6/D4: HIIT in the gym after work.
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Nice, @jeanhickokhaley1 !
    It's raining every day from Saturday thru the end of the 10-day forecast, so I'll be getting in some outdoor walks today and tmo ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Tabatha excitement! ๐Ÿ˜„

Happy Thursday, flyers ๐Ÿ›ฉ๏ธ
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,460 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job after school today. she is almost finished school for the year. it is now final exam week. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i went and did some art work at the drop in art program that is at my building every thursday morning from 10 am to 12 noon. there is also a bingo game later on this afternoon in my building, have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,486 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, have a great day.

โ€œTrust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.โ€
    โ€” Golda Meir
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone
    Had a good progress checkup at the eye docs this morning for my retina surgery. I can't do anything strenuous like lift weights etc for 2 more weeks but I do walk & tho I forgot to ask, I have been leisurely spending time in the pool. I don't remember the last time it wasn't already in the triple digits by June, but it's still in the 80's, low 90's. I do see next Thursday on it should be in the triple digits. After my dr appointment I took my dogs to the dog park & walked around an hour so I think I'm going to stay home the rest of the day. I bought some Quaker rice crisps & they're pretty good. I've been eating chocolate for my treat for a long time & am ready to have something different. My weekends aren't much different from the weekends eating wise or otherwise really except we tend to see one of our sons more on weekends when they're off. They're having an open house to sell their house this weekend & we will be bringing our grand dog over here while that's going on. Other than that nothing out of the ordinary has been happening
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,109 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Awww Tabatha may your wedding day be ALL YOU WISH it to be!! Expect some things to go astray, but later on some of it may be humorous or at least survivable!! Nothing goes exactly as planned, but all that counts is the sweet happiness you and Joe have. The wedding is only 1 day out of so many though awww the love you have for each other, with the love of family and friends, PRICELESS!! HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!

HI TO ALL others!!! We are working so hard behind the scene on recruiting and helping new members. If you are new and confused, that's VERY NORMAL!! Please assured most of us where ,, at first. You'll soon be on your assigned team, a smaller group of 24 to 30 perhaps with at least 2 leaders, other teams have more, who are all happy to happy to assist you. ALSO any OAL is happy to be of assistance, Kaliswalker may be away slightly as she's getting to travel soon, but the rest of us are here. TY TY TY ALL for the chat being so wonderful because of YOU!!
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    Options
    @mkksemail ... We had a lot of rainy days as well, now dry and windy. :D
    Good for you for getting in some walking.

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,223 Member
    Options
    Itโ€™s 67 feels like 67 with a high of 90 today. Insight Timer Quote: Hold space for healing. Make room for love.โ€”Alex Elle I AM: I am thankful for how the Universe watches over me. Axe Sharpening: If you want to see change, be the change.โ€”Stacey Ervin Jr. 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to. Fitness Quote: Somedays itโ€™s not about health or building muscle: Itโ€™s just therapy.โ€”courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational Quote: I choose to focus on the positive.โ€”unknown Motiverse: Those who donโ€™t believe in magic will never find it.โ€”Ronald Dahl Closed all โค on my Samsung Active 4 and had 15,962 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 115/305 mile a day this morning, WHD: Glutes/Shoulders + Core and Core Challenge Wk6/D5: Final Fit Test after dinner and 45 min on slim cycle this evening.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,460 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a mostly cloudy and mild day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing a lot of dancing later on, as i will be going to an 80's dance party tonight. i plan to do a lot of dancing and have fun! have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday started out very stressful. Discovered we have bed bugs. I hate bed bugs. Have spent yesterday and today steaming furniture and still have lots to do. I can't afford to get rid of it all and start over. But will if I have to. Son was supposed to visit for the weekend but with the situation he won't be coming for a while. At least he is more understanding than I thought he would be. The new tenant upstairs has a male friend that is over every day. Today he decided to come knocking to give me crap that there was 1 pile of dog poop in the yard. I told him that it was raining when the dog was out and had not had a chance to pick it up when the rain had stopped for a few minutes. I also informed him that I would respect that they didn't leave garbage in the yard. He said he'd clean it up then didn't. I am sooooo tired of the new tenant, her kids and male friend.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,486 Member
    Options
    Happy Wedding day tomorrow @Tabatha_Cain, we here are all very happy for you. Hugs and blessings for years and years of happiness.

@CSEGUIN2 so sorry about your day yesterday. Hugs.

Hope everyone else is having a great Friday and wishing you a fun and happy weekend.

mu8znsiqnks4.jpg
  • mkksemail
    Options
    I typed this for another group, but I thought I'd share it here too ๐Ÿ’–

(Photo = me stalking, then catching!, the UPS truck! ๐Ÿฅณ ๐Ÿคฃ)

naxqx2a1z0ma.jpg

Btw, nice blue sky! ๐ŸŸฆ๐Ÿ’™

It's not raining today!! (Rain returns tmo ๐Ÿ˜)

So, I had a crazy morning ๐Ÿคช. First of all, my daughter has fallen in love with her Turkish spice boy, who she met in December, and has traveled to Turkey once a month to visit ๐Ÿ’•.

It's almost impossible for him to get a visa to visit her. He tried in March, he was going to meet my daughter in Barcelona, when Katie (dd) was going to visit my niece who spent a year in Spain teaching English. Murat (spice boy) put on a suit, went to the Embassy for his visa interview, thought he was going to get it, but got denied bc he has no bank account.

(Turkish lira has been in free fall since '20/'21 - their central bank is not independent, and their president dictates monetary policy. Turkey has had massive inflation for years ... 40%, 89%, other crazy numbers. So the Turks keep their money in euros if they can, not in the bank in local liras.)

Anyway! they've decided to marry in a courthouse in Turkey ๐Ÿ’•, and apply for a marriage visa (which can take a yr). Then have a real wedding ceremony next summer. There's a tonnnnnn of paperwork. She has a lawyer here, a lawyer there, they're rounding up all the documents, dotting the i's, crossing the t's ... and then they hit a snag. Her birth certificate needs not just the state seal, but a special type of notarizing that's done by the state, for international purposes, called an apostille.

She requested (she thought) an apostilled birth cert from MA (she was born in Boston), two copies! just in case .... But when it arrived in Turkey, no apostille. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

So, she requested overnight delivery if three more copies - the kind that are 'to be apostilled), at $150 each or some ridiculous number. Then found out last night they were 'signature required', and she was going to be at work. So I drive up to her place to meet the UPS truck and sign for it. Got there just after 1p. UPS tried to deliver st 12:28p ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฌ.

"Oh noeeesss!"

Okay, so she's flying to Turkey tmo, needs to have the thing, so I look around, what to do? Try to call UPS, ofc get the automated "push this number for ..." menu. That's not gonna work! ๐Ÿค”

Ok, fine! So, I drive out the driveway, to the downtown, and start looking for the dsm UPS truck. ๐Ÿคฃ Drive awhile, down past Bowdoin college, a bit more ... realize I'm too far, not gonna find the truck this way. And I turn around. Three blocks back towards town - ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ณ I see the UPS truck!!! It's stopped, guy in it, hazards on, on the other side of the street!

I turn around, go down side street, try to park - nothing. Pull into a church driveway, and leave it there, blocking the long driveway lol. I figured - it's not Sunday ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Trot back up the block, UPS truck still there. Guy inside now, getting pizza and Arizona Tea. So, I casually saunter inside, walk slowly but with a friendly smile ๐Ÿ™‚ up to the guy, and ask if I could interrupt his lunch. He says ok, and I go through my story. He says, he's not the guy for that area, doesn't know the guy who is, said he might be at lunch now, but doesn't know. I thank him, and pay for his lunch (we're at the register now, lol,). So, he tells me a few places to check. Says he'll be doing pickups, check this place, this place, Bowdoin College mail room, Gelato Fiasco, Cool As A Moose, UPS store on Main St, etc. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

I thank him, and off I go. I'm looking ... I'm looking ... see nothing ... drive a bit through Bowdoin campus - nothing. Head down Main St. Looking ... Looking .... O. M. G. there's the truck!!! Other side of the street! Guy in it! By Bank of America!

I make a 'questionably legal' U turn, lol, and follow the guy. He turns down a side street, I follow at a distance, slowly. He pulls over at a Real Estate agent. I park behind him, get out and start to walk towards him ...

... He's talking to himself (no one else around, he doesn't see me yet). He's saying "Uhhhgh I'm so tired!" He rang the bell, door locked and no answer. I speak up - "Hi! I'm sorry you're tired, I hope you don't mind if I bother you .... "

Lol He turns around, smiles at my story, says, "Sure! That's me! I have the letter in my truck. I heard the dogs barking (at dd house), but no answer." ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I thank him profusely! Take the letter, send daughter a pic, she's SO happy! Can't believe it! Over the moon!

Okay, now I have to get to Augusta, the State Capitol, to get the thing apostilled. Drive another 45 min north, arrive in plenty of time, a little confusing finding my way through the campus maze of state buildings, but I find it. Only one person in line! Great!

Get to the window, take out all my stuff, the lady at the window gets the lady who does apostilling ... and she can't do it! It's an out of state document. Has to get apostilled in MA! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜“

Mumblemumblemumble

Reach daughter on phone after some doing, tell her what's the what. She is obvs disappointed.

But, lawyer in Turkey says they will send over everything they have, get the translation process started, get her appts set for next week (has to get a health exam, and a bunch of other stuff), and hopefully if I can get to MA Monday morning, get the thing apostilled before 11a ET (which is 6p Turkey time), send them an img, hopefully it'll be ok. (Follow up digital img with FedExing physical document.)

So. That was my day. Monday should be interesting! She'll already be in Turkey, so I hope I can get everything done in time. ๐Ÿคž

Okay, I was going to post this on the weekly chat, but I feel like there will be a follow-up here on Monday, so imma put it in a new post ๐Ÿ˜‰

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,426 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all, I am afraid my afternoon has not been as interesting as other people's afternoon/day. Anyway - it's 73F feels like 77F yup staying in too hot for me, I prefer the mid 60's that is warm enough for me. Nothing much going on with me either,
    @tabatha_Cain I know you won't see this till later but know I wish you the best on your wedding day !!
    @CSEGUIN2 did you pick those up from the hotel ? I know some hotels have bb very very bad and does not take much to bring em home. May I suggest you use Diatomaceous Ear food grade, aka etible dirt - it's actually silica and it will "dry out" the bedbugs, anything you can squish and squash will dry out and be gone. You can get it at a pet store - but do research first to maksuer it wont' hurt you or your family... I used it for another kind of insect that was stinging me 24/7 even their eggs would sting!! Sorry about the poo poo but these things happen, did one of their kids step in it and then dragged it in the house ? Is he a tennant or visitor - if he's a visitor, perhaps direct him to where he should direct his complaint AS a visitor.
    @mkksemail wow what a day for you - but what is " a spice boy" ?? Turkey? which is Turkiye as they changed that a while ago Just had friend some back from there, I hope your daughter is in a safe place, has she been there before ? Hard to say how that will work out.... Anyway, try and have a good night and rest if you can after all that !!
    WELL my keyboard is warning me I need to change the battery !!! better see what I need !!
  • ljclamurro
    ljclamurro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new here. But I think a handful of people may remember me from SparkPeople. Username there was puppybug. Been a while since I've done one of these challenges! I'm so excited to have found y'all!
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    Options
  • mkksemail
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Enjoy your 80s dance party, Annie!

CSeguin, ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ ugh so sorry! GL! LindieMae gave you great advice with the diatomaceous earth!! Also, get bedbug/dust mite proof encasements for your bedding - mattress, box spring, pillows, duvet, all of it. Fingers crossed for you ๐Ÿคž

LindieMae, lol "spice boy" is just a cute name I'd taken to calling him, he works at the Spice Bazaar ๐Ÿ’•. And yes, you're right, Turkiye ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ท. Altho, I have to work hard to type that, my autocorrect 'fixed' it back to the old way twice ๐Ÿคช. She met him last November, on a 3-week trip to Egypt and ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ท. She's gone back every month since. ๐Ÿ’•.

Hi, lj/puppybug, nice to "e-meetcha"!

Tabatha .... So excited for you! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,201 Member
    Options
    @mkksemail Crazy day. The things we do for our kids. Your a wonderful mom!