Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today the air quality is really bad but went for my walk anyways. Could smell the smoke from the fires. Also was burning my eyes. Can't believe how bad it has gotten. Here's a picture of how bad the smoke is in my area in southwestern Ontario.5jq8wlqzh2yv.jpg
    Also did laundry, and dishes. Otherwise was a relaxing day. Wishing I could get back to being more active. Tomorrow is physio for my shoulder which will now include laser treatment.
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,567 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ... Welcome back. Sorry Joe was sick the whole time, but I like your attitude. Honeymoon at another time.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,592 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are having a good day of it, I decided today to get a pedicure and get rid of my toe daggers and add some colour to my nails - I like the colour I picked and it's a nice lavender colour. I got all my fitness in already - its 75F but feels like 82F ahuh yup staying in the rest of the day - this morning was nice for being out and I got a lot done.
    @Tabatha_Cain Nash - Although the honey moon will have to be delayed it will maybe give you a chance to save up for a nice trip away when Joe is closer to 100% and one you both will enjoy too ! Hope your first day back to work went well.
    @CSEGUIN2 wow that's a lotta smoke - we have gotten none so far this year, California or washington has not gone up in smoke sending it our way. Do be careful out in that and mask up for sure - maybe goggles too for the eyes IF you have to be out in it for any length. I imagine Amherstburg is gtting the same as well as Holliday Beach area. Stay safe eh !!
    mr197bvv3och.gif
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,677 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain : my daughter is 18 years old.
    good evening everyone! it is a mostly cloudy and windy day here today. the air quality is not good here today, due to the smoke from the forest fires in north eastern ontario and in quebec. the air quality is going to improve overnight and the air quality will be much better tomorrow. my daughter says hi to all. she is all set to go to her prom tonight. she has a nice dress and shoes picked out to wear. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for an indoor walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,921 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the challenge starting. Hope you all are having a good day. My drs. visit went well all tests good. Hugs all have a good rest of the day.

n3va3yiflfww.jpg
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,101 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain Hope you had a great day back at work. Stinks that you didn't get to go on your honeymoon but if you follow the 2-2-2 rule "go on a date once every two weeks, spend a weekend away every two months and take a week-long vacation every two years" your marriage could be one continuous honeymoon.
    @LindieMaeP A pedicure.... Ahhhh! Lavender sounds lovely.
    @Kurtize We are happy you are back with PS4L for the Summer. I had my annual wellness check in February. Doctor concluded that I had lost it. Four months later and I'm still crazy!😜 Happy that yours turned out better than mine, but then again it's not so bad being crazy... you get away with a lot so it's much more fun!😉
    Hope everyone has picked up their boarding passes (invitations) to the Summer teams and are getting settled in and ready for Practice Week beginning this Caturday.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,502 Member
    Options
    It’s 78 feels like 78 with a high of 101 but heat index in the upper 100’s today. Insight Timer Quote: Make deep connections, not deep attachments.—Yung Pueblo I AM: I always speak up for myself. Action for Happiness: Share a friendly smile with people you see today. Closed all ❤ on my Samsung Active 4 and had 17,557 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 121/305 mile a day this morning, WHD Chest/ Triceps + HIIT after dinner and 45 min on exercise bike later in the evening.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,402 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. I am a little late getting on. Joe was at the Emergency room last night. They gave him tons of nausea meds and a bag of iv fluid to get him kick started on the road to recovery. He is doing a little better this morning. He has already drank about 8 ounces of water and we have only been up a half hour. That is way better that yesterday. He was too bloated to drink the water so this is a good step. We are hopeful.

@mkksemail - Sorry. I hope it gets better. We have bad air quality here too.
    @CSEGUIN2 - We are in Michigan and some days we are like that. It is horrible. I wish they could get it under control for you. Like we as the USA should come help Canada. Why not be neighborly. Get it stopped once and for all.
    @jeanhickokhaley1 - We will absolutely do a honeymoon another time.
    @LindieMaeP - Nice. I was going to get a pedicure for my wedding but decided against it. I did not have the money to get it done. We do have money saved from the wedding for the actual honeymoon
    @cormierannie - You did well teaching your daughter great work ethic. I hope she has a good time at prom
    @Catwmncat - That is true. Joe and I typically do date night every Friday night after work. We will definitely be using the rule to make sure we stay connected together.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,592 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone it is a nice day again today, I already went for a walk to Safeway and back and spent too much money again !! LOL I have to go out this afternoon maybe - maybe not- I have turkey wings in the oven boy those were hard to separate before cooking, 2 of them did not get done! I need poultry sicors or how ever they are spelt. From the information I have read it takes a long time to put some forest fires out as it goes underground - that is hard to find. There are fire fighters from France, I think and the States have sent fire fighters to help too but they have to be trained in forest terrane fire fighting, it's not the same as a building. I hope it clears up too I think of all that lumber burnt up not to mention, trees give us our oxygen!!
    @Tabatha_Cain Nash - soo sory you had to go to ER but glad there was one to go to and you got help too. Nice you have funds saved for a honey moon. Hope you have a good day today.
    @Catwmncat yes the pedicure was nice indeed, all the toe daggers gone ! They grow so fast though - I'll be back in a month !! Hope your day is going well.
    @everyone hope your getting on your teams ok!
    0tf33x36924s.gif
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends.

I hope you are all doing well this morning. We have been married 2 days now. Hard to believe. Joe has been sick since Wednesday. He started Wegovy and the upped his dose Wednesday to 1.7mg. Well it has basically shut down his system and the only thing getting through is water. He is throwing up everything else. It has slowed down a bit since Wednesday and we were able to make it through the wedding and reception. We are so blessed to have so much family to help with things. Joe cannot walk for long periods of time he gets super tired so all of our kids pitched in and did most everything from setup to tear down after the wedding as well as making sure Joe was ok while I was getting ready for the wedding. We love our kids. They really banded together these last few days. Here are some family photos as of course I am still waiting on professional photos. We did have some hiccups obviously but we made it and I am so in love with my husband.

babzbkxro7re.jpg
    qul9ff9mqvhm.jpg
    89smmia51o43.jpg
    qg5gn5jx08ws.jpg

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 !!

Gorgeous! Congratulations on your wedding, Tabatha !! So sorry about Joe's illness ... but it sounds like you made it all work anyway. And, he looks so happy in photos! You can't tell that he'd been ill for days.
  • mkksemail
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @mkksemail , LOL yeah I wore my jeans down to Hannaford tonight and was GLAD I DID!! Its a very short walk, but STILL!!! I love going into Boston!!! Did you do Amtrak? If so, how was it? I keep thinking I want to do that, but not sure I want to spend the night in Boston. If it was NYC no issue there!! But, Boston? LOLOLOL!!! I've not driven there since taking my GD to the Aquarium about 11 years ago. It was so hard to find easy parking, but we finally did. I think we paid 21 that long ago for 3 hours.

@Dianedoessmiles1 , rigggghttt!? on the long pants to Hannaford. It was necessary! lol ... Trip to Boston was great! Except for my inappropriate to the weather sartorial choices, lol.

I took the bus down. I love the Downeaster! The train is so nice. It's spacious, comfortable, you can get up and walk around, etc. And great views out the windows! Snack car lol. But the bus is fairly comfortable, as well, And a lot quicker, because no other stops. Under 2 hrs, Portland Transportation Center (same place that Amtrak leaves from) to South Station (or to Logan, btw, separate bus goes there).

The Concord Coach bus has a screen every three rows or so, where a movie is shown (bring your own headphones), power access in every seat (USB, plus plus 3-prong plug-ins), free on board wifi, and I think music channels too. Oh, and the Portland bus terminal has cold water bottles to grab before boarding bus (not the Boston bus terminal tho, lol - so grab a bottle for the ride home, too! LOL).

I haven't been to the Acquarium since the 80s ! That would be a fun trip tho :).

Cheers!
    - mk :)
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Kurtize wrote: »
    Saw my regular Dr today and dermatologist. My skin problem is called Lichen Planus, she gave me a cream to help for it. My Dr visit was a Medicare wellness and memory test. They hadn't ever given me one and needed so they can tell if I am losing it (LOL) . Took a blood test for kidneys. Very hot today, didn't get any exercise in. Have a great rest of the day. Hugs

kb3sbhym5qbj.jpg

Hope your memory test came out well! :):):)
    Fingers crossed for kidney function blood test

And gl too, with skin condition! I have crazy skin, always some new kind of rash :eek:. So I empathize.

Cheers!
  • mkksemail
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain : my daughter is 18 years old.
    good evening everyone! it is a mostly cloudy and windy day here today. the air quality is not good here today, due to the smoke from the forest fires in north eastern ontario and in quebec. the air quality is going to improve overnight and the air quality will be much better tomorrow. my daughter says hi to all. she is all set to go to her prom tonight. she has a nice dress and shoes picked out to wear. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for an indoor walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.

oooo prom ! Hope she has a lovely time. And cheep cheep back to the budgies :D. Enjoy your dancing !
  • mkksemail
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @LindaMaeP ... eek on only one name change allowed !!!

I didn't know I'd be posting on forums here when I chose my username. hm. now not sure if I should change my username (had been considering it), or leave it alone. lol
  • mkksemail
    Options
    ohhhhh, ER last night! So sorry, Tabatha. 🤞🙌
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,921 Member
    Options
    Hi all happy Thursday, I think I wished everyone a happy Thursday yesterday, gained a day. Luckily took memory test Tuesday. LOL. Another hot one. got my hair cut, and Kayla went to groomers. Not too much else new or exciting. Hope you all have a fantastic day. Hugs and blessings.

Cat agree with you, much more fun to act crazy and get away with it.

4vvurjocehw8.png
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today the air quality is bad but at least I couldn't smell the smoke. Went to physio for my shoulder so didn't get my regular walk in. Wore a mask while at physio as I seem to have gotten the summer cold my sister and Son had. Although my Son claims I didn't get it from him. Feeling better today but still have a cough and runny nose. Got a great sleep last night of over 8 hrs. Did dishes and laundry today. Also played some Skipbo with Hubby.
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,567 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. The weather changed super fast here. We are under a heat warning for a few days. More like June weather. (I live in the high desert). Once our front yard is shady I will trim back another Geranium. It will be my last one that needs trimming big time. Hope everyone has a good Friday.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,488 Member
    Options
    Mkkesmail, I'm wanting to do a trip. Not sure my body agrees. But time will tell. Today was nice near sunset you could see the smoke in the air. Not nearly as bad as other areas , but based on the air quality future map we may have the worse air come in. Hope not. Today was hard enough on me when I went out this AM came back home with the AC on. That keeps the air pure and nice.

Which team are you on? I'm the Captain in the Positively Strong 4 Life team.
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Mkkesmail, I'm wanting to do a trip. Not sure my body agrees. But time will tell. Today was nice near sunset you could see the smoke in the air. Not nearly as bad as other areas , but based on the air quality future map we may have the worse air come in. Hope not. Today was hard enough on me when I went out this AM came back home with the AC on. That keeps the air pure and nice.

Which team are you on? I'm the Captain in the Positively Strong 4 Life team.

😬😬 On the smoke coming!
    Yes, today was 'okay'. Tmo is supposed to be too. But then on Saturday "MOTS!" More of the Same, as the headline from WMTW said the other day 🤣😝

I'm on the Tenacious GR8TERS 😎.

Still working my way thru the Pre-Assignments. Excited for the challenge, tho! 👏

Cheers!