Options
    Thank you @minstrelofsarcasm 🙏

My name is Alex

Current weight: 207 pounds
    Weigh in day:Tuesday
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm I have been trying to get up early but that's not working, 4am is so early. Now my pool is open, I am hoping to get a walk in and then jump in the pool. I have started changing my eating habits, added in more fruits and veggies also cut back on my soda. I hope I will see some difference there.
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello WNM Teammates!

I'm Jessica, but also go by Jec (pronounced Jake). I'm a wife, mom of 3, grandmother of 3, and registered nurse with certifications in grief counseling, health coaching, yoga and zumba. I have a home in western New York but am currently living in Rwanda with my husband where I volunteer as a nurse and group fitness instructor at a small agriculture college.

I joined F2F in November 2023 because I needed some accountability when it comes to logging food and keeping track of my nutrition. I have never had a problem getting enough exercise, but I do enjoy food and drink, sometimes too much. I was obese as a child and have been struggling with my weight almost all my adult life. I have found that it's been getting harder to keep my weight down in the past few years as I enter perimenopause. I turned 50 last October and my latest blood chemistry showed high cholesterol and uremic acid. I was a little surprised by it because, I generally eat healthily though I do allow myself to indulge occasionally. However, I do have an increased family risk for high cholesterol and gout from my father. I guess I just have to be a bit more careful about my nutrition.

I took the last couple of months off because I was traveling a lot and didn't have reliable access to an internet or scale. I'm back in Rwanda until November and I find it kind of funny that I have better internet in rural eastern Rwanda than I do at my farmhouse in western NY.

Welcome new members! Hello, again, continuing members! Please feel free to friend me.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Peace,
    Jec
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

username - podperson
    CW - 222.1

Sorry I've missed a week, was away with friends and honestly, am surprised the weigh-in is not higher than it is - eaten so much junk :(
    Does anyone have any good tips for eating out when your party just constantly wants to go to unhealthy places?
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 197.8 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 194.6 lbs

I tried to be extra good this week as I taking vacation for the holiday weekend. Good luck to all and welcome to the new team members!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    podperson1 wrote: »
    Sorry I've missed a week, was away with friends and honestly, am surprised the weigh-in is not higher than it is - eaten so much junk :(
    Does anyone have any good tips for eating out when your party just constantly wants to go to unhealthy places?

@podperson1 - Sharing food with someone else is a great way to reduce calories without completely avoiding food. Otherwise, ordering a side or two as your meal can be just as effective. I would highly recommend looking at any menus you can beforehand.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    ~Step Challenge Results ~
    JUNE WEEK THREE
    Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 8 (No change from last week!)
    Total Steps: 415,847 (-5.53% from last week)*
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 51,981...not counting team member with only one day reported... 59,407, which is 7.82% higher...
    The Leaderboard -

@JacquelineRochelle 88,353 total | 12,662 average
    @GarysGirl78 - 84,881 total | 12,126 average
    @i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR - 58,410 total | 8,344 average
    @ljdanny - 47,699 total | 6,814 average
    @9Harvey - 44889 total | 6,413 average - Most Consistent!!!
    @melaniedscott - 39,094 total | 5,585 average
    @BodyTalking - 34,168 total | 4,881 average
    @OllieandEd2021 - 18,353 total | 2,622 average - Most Steps in One Day!!! *

All of our bolded steppers set a goal and met it, based on their average steps per day!

*One stepper only posted one day and won Most Steps...the runner up on that was @i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR with a whopping 17,784 steps!

Several of us started strong but tappered off at the end of the week. Can we up our steps the last three days of the month to break 1.5 million? I'll give it a shot! (But I won't shoot anything...) This is it for June y'all! Let's end BIG!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 193.4
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Rachelrjh

Friday weigh in
    Pw:156
    Cw:155
  • Marcy2890
    Marcy2890 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Marcy, I’ve been part of this group before and it was a great support system so happy to be back!

Marcy2890
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 161lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 159.1 lbs
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    The team chat for JULY is open! Please continue to weigh in and post stats here through the end of Saturday. Go to the new month for (re)introductions, goal and intention setting -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10893881/weightnomore-team-chat-july-2023/p1?new=1
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Love the photos @GarysGirl78 😍 It sounds like a great holiday!
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    @podperson1 when eating out, choose the food that you enjoy and makes you feel satisfied rather than being underwhelmed by a salad or something. Graze at your food, rather than scoffing it, don't clear the plate unless you're still hungry, and drink water. It's fine to have more satisfying drinks as well but always have water to hand. Accept that you'll be over your calories that day but reduce your intake for the next couple of days to balance it out and increase your step count. Apparently, it's good to walk for at least 10 minutes after a meal.

Most importantly, enjoy the happy times with friends and family 🥰
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    @JessicaVRosati Is love to see photos of your life in Rwanda. Would you mind sharing a couple of pics with us? I bought a mango yesterday and thought of you getting them straight from the trees 🥭🤤
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    @melaniedscott I totally understand the "staring at blank walls" effect 😳 I hope the new system eases your workload x
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 80.3 kg / 177.03 lb
    Current weight: 80.1 kg/176.59 lb

73pkxww04776.jpg
    Have a lovely weekend everyone 🌹
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    JessicaVRosati
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 150.2
    Current Weight: 148.2

Starting Weight: 159
    Goal Weight: under 140

Steps 06/25 - 07/01
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 210.8
    Cw- 209.8

I ate more than usual this week and 1 of my meds I had to increase the dosage so definitely wasn't a loss.

I had my embryo transfer 2 days ago, so waiting for the results is hard! In the meantime I'm just going to make sure I'm eating healthy and also try to get more steps in but not over do it either
This discussion has been closed.