Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    Options
    I'm up 0.8 pounds. I was down for much of the week, but in the past few days I went to a Santana concert (had some beers), had a retirement party (beer, cake, and cookies), and took my daughter out to the local kosher shwarma place (had pita/shwarma with fries). Frankly, I should really be up a lot more! Ha ha ha.

182/143.6/146
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,929 Member
    Options
    I'm up 1.4 from last week, here. Skipped WI at WW on Wednesday.
    Eating everything in sight, and a few things that are hidden.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Hey Friday Weighers!

I'm up .2 for the week. Clearly not doing enough to lose weight but still feeling like I'm paying attention more often than not. Need to up that to "even more often."

Positives for the week in terms of weight loss are 1) I'm doing a ton of baking for a fundraiser next week, and I'm not really tempted by my wares. I'm a pretty darn good baker, so this is saying something. Things are going straight into the freezer, so I need to have the same discipline when they come out next weekend and 2) We were supposed to have company this weekend, and they had to cancel. This means I won't have a lot of fun food in the house
    and won't be bar-hopping.

Steve, was this YOUR retirement party?

Have a great weekend, all!
  • steve0mania
    Options
    whathapnd wrote: »
    Steve, was this YOUR retirement party?

Yes it was!

• whathapnd
    Options
    @Al_Howard - - what do you think is going on to cause you to be eating out of control? Is there a life stressor? Change in meds? Too much limitation/restriction in food? Something else?

You've worked so hard and diligently to get to goal. Hope you can get your head back to where you need it to be this week.
  • whathapnd
    Options
    @steve0mania Congratulations!
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    Must be something in the June air - because I’m actually up 1.4 pounds from last week, which makes it 4 of 4 for the people who have posted.

Still in the Green Zone, even with a slight gain from what was I think a slightly inaccurate low last week. The fourteen day average of my daily weights is about five pounds below my official goal weight, and at this point that’s right where I want it to be. I’m continuing to evaluate whether I have the right number of daily points, or whether I should tweak that.

A complicating factor is that I’m also starting to think about reassessing my activity points, so if you don’t want to join me on a trip into the weeds, this is your chance to move on to the next post. 😉

I’ve been tracking activity using the same defined levels of activity that I was using a year ago. That means my morning stretches were “moderate yoga” activity, my Nordic Track was “vigorous cross-country skiing”, and my walks were “brisk, 3.5+ MPH”. The issue is that I chose those definitions based on my average heart rate during the activity as a percent of max heart rate (220 - my age). Basically, under 50% was light, 50-75% was moderate, and 75% or more was vigorous or high.

Either I’ve gotten lazier or my body has become more efficient as I’ve lost weight (so guess which one I’m going with), because I’m finding it rarer that my Nordic Tracking breaks 75% for an average, and also my stretching is dropping below 50%. If the activity is less strenuous, the lower levels of activity that indicates generate less activity points - which I use - so maybe I’ve been guilty of that rookie sin of overestimating my activity. If they’re each one level down, then I’m overstating my stretch time by one activity point a day and my Nordic Track by two activity points. (Walking, at least, seems good.)

So right now I’m focused on putting a bit more into those two activities to see if I can keep them at the levels I’ve previously selected. If not, I’ll have to adapt to earning two or three fewer activity points a day. At the same time, I'm fairly deliberately trying to eat all my available daily, weekly and activity points so that I can use the info to assess whether my daily points are correct at 29.

Sigh . . . some days, it's not easy being Green . . . . 🐸
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I must add to the trend -- up 4 over the month of June. Vacation and then a stubborn carb craving. I am a little disappointed that the number is so high, but certainly can't say it is a shock.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    I must add to the trend -- up 4 over the month of June. Vacation and then a stubborn carb craving. I am a little disappointed that the number is so high, but certainly can't say it is a shock.

Clean sweep!