“JUST DO IT” JUNE!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,982 Member
    Options
    I'm still around LOL - but little puppy man is keeping me on my toes and making sure I don't have that much down time! He's starting to settle into a routine a little bit, and potty and crate is going better, just in time for teething to really take off as the teen months rapidly approach (oy vey).
    Most of my activity involves playing with him in some way, shape, or form, be it training inside or outside, or playing with toys, or running around the yard (still too young to go on regular walks in public areas yet).
    In a few weeks he'll be old enough to be out and about, so our morning routine will change up a little bit as that becomes the AM cardio session with a walk and/or run/training session(s). Will also start as often as possible shortish puppy-pace/length hikes once we're past the vaccination windows.
    Now that he's settling in a little better I need to reintegrate my lifting into my days - will probably have to be during the late afternoon nap period on days when I'm not riding the horse(s).
    He still has moments of being a total terror, but it's pretty predictable now (over excited and/or over tired, usually both) and since he's getting better about napping in the crate it's not such a big deal to use that more, too.
  • nightheronz
    nightheronz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim nice to connect with someone on here with similar numbers and goals! And omg I feel you with the "pancake batter"--I wish I could control where the fat comes off! In the last couple weeks I've noticed my cheekbones really starting to pop out and yet still my thighs are pudgy AF. I'm really only about 2-3 lb away from the lowest end of my ideal weight, so I hope that focusing more on strength training will help me with this and to recomp a little.
  • mandycat_florida
    mandycat_florida Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion for those of us who like using online workout videos. I'm always browsing around for possible videos and constantly finding ones that really irritate me with incessant chatter from the instructor (No, madam; I came here to work my abs, not hear all about your recent trip to London) and/or grating music. I came across a You Tube upper body workout on Pinterest that I find both useful and pleasant. You can find others with this same nice young woman by searching on Pinterest for "fitbymik."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7j9p9JpLaE

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @k8richly: happy (belated) birthday !! :sunglasses: I hope you had a terrific day during your trip.

What we did last week: having a few days off that were very much needed. We did a lot of diving in between the heat spells, also some open water swimming to cool off. :sweat_smile:

My stats from last week:

* Still low on steps, 55k
    * continue to read Becks flashcards: check-ish. I didn't read them these last two days and it clearly is a sign that I am slipping away. I'm back at it
    * 2 fitness sessions / week: I let it slide again last week with no excuses, except that I have been diving and biking a lot and have been working in the garden. It needs to be gardenparty proof by next week as we are hosting two bbq's. One with friends on the 8th and one with both our families on the 15th.
    * Lose a bit: 72,3 moving average. Again, a 0.5 gain. Two pounds in two weeks and that is NOT water weight.
    * Biking and diving. 4 dives last week, and my biking now amounts to 517km.

The big plan for this week is to get back on track. This will be made easier by the fact that hubby is starting his marathon training again for the big one in November (more news on this to follow). I realized that when he is in "recovery mode", we both get complacent. It's a good lesson for the future. My biggest hurdle this week however will be a three day meeting in a excellent hotel Wednesday to Friday. This usually means no moving around and eating hotel food for three days. I will need to be mindful and try to incorporate as much activity as possible. It is in a nice setting, so I might get up earlier and have a least a walk before the meeting starts.
  • nightheronz
    nightheronz Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    31, 5'5"
    Highest weight (2012): 148.3
    Week of June 12 average weight: 116.4
    Week of June 19 average weight: 114.7
    Today weight: 114.9

Highest measurements (2012-2014): waist (narrowest) 29.5, waist (navel) 33, hip 41.5
    Last week measurements: waist (narrowest) 25, waist (navel) 27, hip 36
    Current measurements: waist (narrowest) 24.75, waist (navel) 26.75, hip 35.5

Highest body fat % (2012-2014): 32%
    Last week body fat %: 19.6
    Current body fat %: 18.6
    Goal: 17ish% body fat

Made great progress this week! Very happy to have broken below 115 lbs and 25 waist/36 hip and 19% body fat for the first time in my adult life!

But it comes as a result of really going hard with the long bike rides especially to maintain a deficit, and now I want to eat EVERYTHING all the time. I ate 1065 calories for lunch alone today (mostly healthy foods) before even really noticing and stopping myself.

I'm getting really close to my goal. I want to start easing back a bit on the deficit and prioritize strength training more (I have been doing some already) and gradually going back up to maintenance calories, but I'm so afraid of gaining weight and losing progress on all this hard work I've been putting in recently, as I've done so many times in the past. These past 2 weeks won't have been worth it if I just gain it back. I've been in a 500-600 calorie deficit for the last couple week, so I may try going down to just a 250-350 calorie deficit for this week and see how it goes.

Also I'm up to 10 band-assisted pull-ups in a row now (from 8 last week)! So making some strength gains!
  • misssixtea
    misssixtea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm a serial MFP lurker looking to get a bit more involved in the community for motivation and support. Do you mind if I join this group?
    About me - based in the UK, I am 5'8, about 65kg, goal weight is 60kg. I am a regular runner and cyclist so very happy to talk about those topics if that's helpful to anyone!
    Struggle a great deal with stress/boredom eating. Currently reading James Clear's Atomic Habits and trying to figure out how to break the cycle of turning to food when work is tricky or I'm otherwise bored. My reading last night said people are more likely to commit to a thing if they state an intention.. so here I am!

I basically have zero friends so very happy to be added! Or any other ideas of active boards for daily motivation, I'd be grateful.

Claire x
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    Welcome Claire @misssixtea , I think you will find this group a good place to share activities and progress. You can add me as a friend, but that won't be much good as I'm mainly active on the boards, not on my homepage, sorry...

@nightheronz: envious on those pull-ups, I wish I could do them. I still have to gain strength in my arms after a frozen shoulder that took 3 years to heal. Going back to the gym would be a good place to start :smirk:
  • misssixtea
    misssixtea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @Antiopelle I don't seem to be able to add anyone as a friend, so I'll just have to settle with posting.

Frozen shoulder is a nightmare. Mine resolved just over a year ago (the acute pain part, at least) with an injection. I've been left with restricted movement and it sticks out at odd angles, and it's really weak. Focusing on upper body strength is on my to-do list! My reduced rate gym membership ended a few months ago and I can't quite bring myself to stump up the cash again - I've got a half-hearted idea to start doing strength training at home, but somehow feels a lot more difficult than going to an actual gym..

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • mandycat_florida
    mandycat_florida Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Since we're almost at the end of June, this seems like a good time to insert a joke. I can't remember the comedienne who told it on herself.

"Whenever I buy cookies, I look for the smallest package I can find. I eat three or four and throw the rest in the trash. Then, just to be extra cautious, I hit those with bug spray."

"But you need to be careful with this. Raid tastes a lot better than you probably think."
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    Since we're almost at the end of June, this seems like a good time to insert a joke. I can't remember the comedienne who told it on herself.

"Whenever I buy cookies, I look for the smallest package I can find. I eat three or four and throw the rest in the trash. Then, just to be extra cautious, I hit those with bug spray."

"But you need to be careful with this. Raid tastes a lot better than you probably think."

:D