Living the Lifestyle: Wednesday, 07/05/2023

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,283 Member
edited July 2023 in Social Groups
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday - misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Current Goals

As we embark on the second half of 2023, what are your current healthy lifestyle goals?
Short term or long term.

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,095 Member
    Options
    Short term - get back under goal weight. Long term - re-start exercise plan.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,009 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Short term: Got off track leading up to the 4th picked up 4.? lbs pretty quick. Got to focus and get back on the weight loss train.

Long term: Stay focused on each meal each day long term.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,485 Member
    Options
    Short term- be more active. May add another day of gym. Thinking about trying to get DW to go to semi private yoga. I don’t think either of us would do well in a class.

Longerish term- get back to under 175 lbs. Bouncing around 178-179 now. Maybe increased activity will take care of it.

Wondering out loud- do I want to cut back on fruit? I eat at least 3 servings a day. Would it be better if I swapped an avocado for the banana? Cut back on extra large helping of blueberries?
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I had a TURP procedure today, so my short term goal over the next two to four weeks is to evolve from zero exercise back to my normal exercise routine - balancing restraint in my forward progress against the desire for more forward progress. I need to remember that “I feel fine!” isn’t a license to go whole hog.

Long term? it’s essentially what it’s been for a while - execute the program in a consistent way that I know works for me. If I had a mantra, it would be something like “keep on keepin' on”. Not looking for stretch goals or aspirations; just wanna be consistent.
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Short term -- reel back the "need" for desserts
    Long term -- keep losing weight for health goals
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,283 Member
    Options
    crewahl wrote: »
    I had a TURP procedure today, so my short term goal over the next two to four weeks is to evolve from zero exercise back to my normal exercise routine - balancing restraint in my forward progress against the desire for more forward progress. I need to remember that “I feel fine!” isn’t a license to go whole hog.

I hope you have a very speedy and full recovery.